Naked and Afraid

RPM

Her partner bounced on day 4. She caught a fish in a basket, but it baked all day in the sun so couldn’t eat it. Stabbed a bigass toad in the middle of the night, but it was poisonous so couldn’t eat it. Finally got a stingray on day 18 to get her through. Was a dark brunette in this episode. 

13 hours ago, ss13 said:

He has to be the most unlikable person in XL history. 

Easily Top 5. Loved it when he said he always had shitty partners. If everyone you meet is an asshole, you're the asshole.

• Like 1

Not as much of a fan of the XL episodes. They tend to turn into drama fests. I'm more interested in the survival aspect. Wish Les Stroud would make more Survivorman episodes. Those are great.

On 7/5/2020 at 8:01 PM, ss13 said:

Pretty uneventful episode. Hopefully Seth dies next week. 

They need to go to a jungle or some shit next XL, kinda tired of the African desert. 

They did a tropical rain forest last time, but yeah, Africa is a beating. 

14 hours ago, RPM said:

Not as much of a fan of the XL episodes. They tend to turn into drama fests. I'm more interested in the survival aspect. Wish Les Stroud would make more Survivorman episodes. Those are great.

I actually prefer the larger group dynamic over the pairs.  Too many people tap, so the regular episodes often end up as a solo survivors.  Surviving your partner is part of the challenge, especially for those who have the skills to do it alone. 

• Like 1

On 7/12/2020 at 8:26 PM, ss13 said:

Bulent is a dick, but the dude can survive.

This.  Dude loves to talk the talk, but he walks the walk as much as anyone who has ever been on the show...at least as a solo survivor.  His weakness is the group dynamic.  That is the toughest part of the challenge for some of these people.  If they made that a requirement of completing the challenge, it might get ugly.   

Bulent has become my fav. He’s just a strange dude, you can tell he does have compassion, but at the same time he can be like wtf and move on. Ole country boy Ryan bugs the shit out of me more than any one now. Can’t even pinpoint it, he just seems like he thinks he's a legendary hunter because he killed a squirrel with a bb gun in Alabama a few times. 

Edited by hundredTT

20 hours ago, hundredTT said:

Bulent has become my fav. He’s just a strange dude, you can tell he does have compassion, but at the same time he can be like wtf and move on. Ole country boy Ryan bugs the shit out of me more than any one now. Can’t even pinpoint it, he just seems like he thinks he's a legendary hunter because he killed a squirrel with a bb gun in Alabama a few times. 

I agree about Bulent.  He's the real deal.  I know the PSR is complete bullshit, but his is way too low.  He's killing it. 

Not much to say about tonight’s episode, we all saw it. Definitely am over the desert seasons. 

Also, if any of you have ever wondered why they virtually NEVER take off their bags no matter how uncomfortable they look, it’s because the wireless transmitters for their necklace mics are sewn in the bottom. So that’s why the bags have to basically always be on or at least very nearby. 

23 hours ago, RPM said:

They should have been scavenging for edible plants. There has to be some grass, roots or leaves that are edible. Even if they don't have any calories, they are roughage.

Wes and Gwen did that early on, but unfortunately, they chose an agave that wasn't ideally suited for that, and it probably made them not so eager to sample other plants.  Too bad Makani didn't end up in that camp.  She could have helped with that.

16 hours ago, ss13 said:

Crossbow is pretty slick though. 

Yeah, I was impressed. Too bad they Med tapped that guy. He was solid until he wasn't. Have a feeling it's going to be dramafest for the rest of the season and that's what I hate about XLs.

I've never bowhunted or anything, but I'm curious as to why the tribe as a whole couldn't help with the process.  If they were to sort of surround a bunch of animals and scare them in a certain direction, couldn't the guy with the bow have easier shots?  Kind of like how the native americans ran bison off the side of cliffs.  I know this wouldn't be a perfect plan, but it seems better than having one guy go out while the rest sit around camp.

15 hours ago, Knoxtnhorn said:

I've never bowhunted or anything, but I'm curious as to why the tribe as a whole couldn't help with the process.  If they were to sort of surround a bunch of animals and scare them in a certain direction, couldn't the guy with the bow have easier shots?  Kind of like how the native americans ran bison off the side of cliffs.  I know this wouldn't be a perfect plan, but it seems better than having one guy go out while the rest sit around camp.

Yeah.  It is weird.  They seemed to do that the first time Ryan visited Wes and Gwen's camp, and it resulted in Wes's first kill.  I don't know why they didn't do that with more people to help.  Maybe the thought was too many people actually scares away the game from the area or something, but one or two to herd the game toward the blind would seem to be a good idea.    

There seems to be too much reliance on "somebody else will catch the food" in the group. Back when  they were at Murder Pond it seemed like everyone was pitching in. Now you have Suzanne just wanting to be the administrator. Has she made any attempt to get food ever?

Also, it's 120 degrees during the day and humidity level of zero. How in the hell did they manage to grow mold on the jerky? I really feel like this season is the "C" team. Team Murder Pond looked good at the beginning but that was a long time ago.  Even Wes and Gwen were struggling 90% of the time. 

42 minutes ago, Nole-4-Life said:

Bulent could have at least let the people know he wasn't going to go to the blind. He's was a dick IMO.

Bulent is a Customs Agent. You'll never meet a bigger (tiny) dick than a Customs Agent. Pretty sure being an asshole is a prerequisite.

• Hook 'Em 1

7 hours ago, Nole-4-Life said:

Bulent could have at least let the people know he wasn't going to go to the blind. He's was a dick IMO.

Earlier in the season horseface/psycho/Kate complained the she couldn't sleep because Bulent's snoring was so loud.

He appeared to be all of about 25 yards away from them at the large camp. But two days in a row they somehow spent hours thinking he was down at the lower blind. The blind that was so hard to get to Gwen was exhausted when she got there. But it was too much effort to go over and check if he was there hours earlier. BS

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I remember  Sara, Bulent, Ryan, Wes, Makani, and even Seth catching something to eat. Gwen went 40 days without getting ANY food of any kind. Unless you want to count the plant that almost tapped them out. I can't remember of it was Wes of her that found that. Suzanne didn't ever even attempt to get anything.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, ss13 said:

Sarah didn’t do shit either. 

I completely agree, but I thought she caught a fish or two at Murder Pond so I have to include her as doing SOMETHING.

She at least tried, but her crossbow was un-aimable and sucked up lots of time and energy that could have been spent fkn hunting instead.

• Like 1

I'm on team Bulent all the way.  Fuck the haters and the the whiners on the other team that didn't do shit.  They sure spent a lot of time on a crossbow that did not appear to be any more effective than a regular bow, especially if all you are going to do is lie around the boma and complain that other people aren't killing shit for you.  I'm sure she is a badass in the Alaskan bush, but I have zero respect for how she completed the XL challenge.  

• Hook 'Em 1

12 hours ago, Knoxtnhorn said:

That chef guy was a total puss.  I'm not trying to stereotype, but was he really so weak that Gwen and the blonde girl were better options with a bow?

He's an odd one. His origin season he just kept saying "I'm a gross person", "I basically just a gross person" all episode long. It got really old...

This season his only contributions were finding honey 38-39 days in, and growing the most Rasputin-esk beard.

• Hook 'Em 1