Naked and Afraid

RPM

On 3/28/2021 at 11:13 PM, shadow_operative2.0 said:

Just started tonight’s, where in the blue fuck is Lost Springs, TX? Only decent google result is somewhere around Wimberly, seems like an odd choice for this show. 

I found the same thing via a search for Lost Spring.

3 hours ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:

There was an hour episode Saturday night explaining all the teams, so a lot of Sunday replayed that. 

Legends, huh? Lacey, they let her stick a knife in a pinned snake. Legendary. 

I'm thinking they let Lacy come back for the inevitable meltdown and bitchathon.

I always like Suzanne but damn she won't shut her pie hole.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Nole-4-Life said:

I always like Suzanne but damn she won't shut her pie hole.

Yeah, I was kind of surprised at her attitude. I can understand if you're teamed with a slug like last time, but this is a new challenge and she needs to stfu.

On 4/26/2021 at 7:23 AM, shadow_operative2.0 said:

There was an hour episode Saturday night explaining all the teams, so a lot of Sunday replayed that. 

Legends, huh? Lacey, they let her stick a knife in a pinned snake. Legendary. 

The men’s side is legendary. Top of the list across the board. The women, not so much. 

6 hours ago, Nole-4-Life said:

Lacy gonna Lacy. She couldn't even give us some drama before tapping. They should never let her within 100 miles of this show again.

She’s been on the show like 5 damn times, don’t get it. Good riddance.

Suzanne has always bugged me with her “mom approach” trying to over think and talk everything and criticize or debate every decision. Have her a pass with the two dipshits she teamed with before, hopefully she tones it down. Great first 2 episodes. 

29 minutes ago, TonyTexas said:

I’m new to NA XL. What’s the best previous season?

I may be wrong, but I think there's only 2 previous. One on a tropical island (S1) and one in Africa(S2). The island one had the most arrogance/conflict.

I'm new to the game, starting to watch last summer.  Only XL I've seen was Africa and these guys saying "Louisiana is the hardest place to survive."   I'm not saying I could survive an hour or two but compared to Africa where there was no water and no food, a place you can't walk and not trip over a 12 inch crawdad seems ok.  That did make it boring though.  

On 5/9/2021 at 8:23 PM, shadow_operative2.0 said:

Two chicks down. 

Way too much Gary camera time. 

Impressive by EJ to blow the big catfish. 

When he started talking to the camera instead of securing the fish you knew what was coming.

• Like 1

I wonder when they will start migrating?  I suspect that Matt and Ryan's Nutria parasite issue is localized to their area, since none of the other camps have experienced it so far.  I would imagine EJ will want to find some teammates at some point.  I suspect they are required to stay put for a given length of time, though I have never heard it mentioned. 

Edited by idigTexas
OU sucks

3 hours ago, Nole-4-Life said:

I’ll be happy if Gary taps. What a smug self-absorbed douche.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I feel like Gary amps it up for the cameras to make sure is character gets invited back for more seasons. He's eaten his way out of seasons before, maybe he'll do it again. 

I like Sarah. No drama, wants to be helpful,etc. But I just can't see her ever making 60 days at her weight unless she's on a team of 6 with lots of hunters and fishers. She's helpful around camp, but not a provider. Suzanne and Lacy are just trouble from the start.

^ I know on DirecTV, XL is a separate season pass from the normal episodes. 

Nice of dumbshit to crawl in the shelter to commence throwing up. 

12 hours ago, TonyTexas said:

The season should be renamed “Alligator Hunter” because that’s all that’s going on. 

Yep, been a little too repetitive so far. I don’t watch Swamp People for the same reason. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Caught up.  Thanks for the hat tip re: DVR @shadow_operative2.0.

Amber was so badass.  RemindeD me of my college sweetheart from my 40 Acres days.

One thing that's bothering me.  They were all completely eaten up after night 1.  If you'll look closely, there's nary a bite on any of them.  You think they demanded bug spray after the first night?

1 hour ago, Knoxtnhorn said:

Caught up.  Thanks for the hat tip re: DVR @shadow_operative2.0.

Amber was so badass.  RemindeD me of my college sweetheart from my 40 Acres days.

One thing that's bothering me.  They were all completely eaten up after night 1.  If you'll look closely, there's nary a bite on any of them.  You think they demanded bug spray after the first night?

That is a good point.  It could be that the season change hit hard after a night or two, but they do seem to have all magically solved the bug problem. 

The cold weather appears to be the only factor for tapping so far.  I wonder if different team assignments would have made any difference?  Probably not.

What I find curious is why there is zero sharing of body heat.  Is it an (un)written rule?  Did all of them make agreements with their spouses that they would tap before resorting to that?  And why did Amber never wear her deer pelt (or is my memory failing me)?  I don't think I have seen Max or Gary wear one either.  Why not give them all to Amber for the sake of the team? 

All of the men clearly put on weight for the challenge, but I don't think any of the women did...at least not enough for it to be noticeable.  Why?

7 hours ago, idigTexas said:

What I find curious is why there is zero sharing of body heat.  Is it an (un)written rule?  Did all of them make agreements with their spouses that they would tap before resorting to that?  And why did Amber never wear her deer pelt (or is my memory failing me)?  I don't think I have seen Max or Gary wear one either.  Why not give them all to Amber for the sake of the team? 

I actually had this same thought.  Something must be in the works because none of the 4 sites had "snugglers".