I don't know what the "Funky Cold Medina" is. Even context clues have failed me.

HornOnTheBayou

1 hour ago, Lurch said:

I stumbled upon this thread a few weeks ago and had never watched a single episode. Based on your recs I just binged season 1 and laughed my ass off the whole time. And it gets BETTER?

i think it's fallen off the past couple seasons (this season and last i guess).  but it's solid for 4-5 seasons for sure.

• 2 months later...
On 3/9/2020 at 8:57 PM, henrygandorf said:

i think it's fallen off the past couple seasons (this season and last i guess).  but it's solid for 4-5 seasons for sure.

It's still the funniest regular Network sitcom on, but the competition is pretty lacking.  I have kind of noticed it's dipped a bit the past two seasons though.  

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

You mean season 8...

Only the first episode had that much social commentary. I don't think the cast was going to return to the show if they weren't going to address that stuff.

We are still watching but it has certainly lost a spark. Not because of the social stuff, but not having Hitchcock around with Scully is weird. Boyle's hair is weird. Holt and Kevin having problems doesn't fit at all with their prior 7 seasons of backstory. And sitcoms have been doing the "new parents struggling with the baby" story line forever.

Even the cold opens have been pretty weak.

On 8/21/2021 at 2:58 PM, Hawndoh said:

You mean season 8...

Only the first episode had that much social commentary. I don't think the cast was going to return to the show if they weren't going to address that stuff.

We are still watching but it has certainly lost a spark. Not because of the social stuff, but not having Hitchcock around with Scully is weird. Boyle's hair is weird. Holt and Kevin having problems doesn't fit at all with their prior 7 seasons of backstory. And sitcoms have been doing the "new parents struggling with the baby" story line forever.

Even the cold opens have been pretty weak.

Yep.  This has got last season of Scrubs level suckage.