Bee Caves, Lakeway, Hudson Bend Eats

Anastasis

27 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

Vindaloo pork butt? Fucking in.

IMG_20200404_151840_945.webp

Didn't even know about this place. 

Sammich looks good.  But what is that yellow shit in the bottom left corner?  

My son refs out there from time to time . . . what a dump.  Once I figured out that Poodie's was a better 10 minute drive one way than 20 minutes home only to turn around and come back an hour later, things got a lot better.

10u field is kinda nice but the 12u/14u field is overplayed.

• 4 weeks later...
11 hours ago, 4th&Five said:

Might be mentioned in the thread but thoughts on Lake Travis Pizza? About a mile from the new office and looks great. 

Had seen some reviews early on about issues, so waited until they had time to work it out.  Got pizza there last week and it was good.  Not up with the better places in Austin, but better than what is generally available in the Four Points/Lake Travis corridor. Will try it again.

• Hook 'Em 1

• 2 weeks later...
22 hours ago, 4th&Five said:

looked at the menu for that last night - looks like the garden" part of the restaurant is now open.  not really a fan of Roman style pizza, but many other things on the menu sound interesting (scallop roll?  yes please).  may try to check it out this weekend.

• 3 months later...

We were gonna try Ellera today for lunch, but it didn't open until 4:00p.  Lots of good buzz about it out that way.  Anyway, hit up a solid standby---Giovanni's Table about a half mile back towards Austin.  They did a really good penne and (few slices of grilled) chicken with spinach and a lemon-caper-oil-butter sauce.  Some special named after one of their kids.  It was really good for a rather light Italian dish.  Anyway, glad we could throw them some business (had a few chiantis), really nice folks that actually remembered me despite me not having been there in probably 6-7 months).  All that said, I am about to have the most violent bowel movement I have had in 2021.  So godspeed.  

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

https://www.kaiserstwistedbbq.com/

This place opened back up in the food truck lot on 620 near the home depot.  Very nice flavors going on.  Picked up some of the pulled pork to take on the boat yesterday.  He was out of brisket, but said he was doing some wagyu today.  Stopped by after church and picked up brisket, a sandwich, some beans and potato salad.  I am not a big fan of beans but he basically forced a sample on me.  They are magical. And mostly meat. 

Open Fri-Sun, 11:30 till out.

B8-AE6739-5112-4573-8-F8-E-AD010-D0-E61-

CB1-A9-F1-C-A3-AB-4-BD8-9-EBB-B32-D97942

• Drool 1

• 1 month later...
On 8/22/2021 at 12:00 PM, Anastasis said:

https://www.kaiserstwistedbbq.com/

This place opened back up in the food truck lot on 620 near the home depot.  Very nice flavors going on.  Picked up some of the pulled pork to take on the boat yesterday.  He was out of brisket, but said he was doing some wagyu today.  Stopped by after church and picked up brisket, a sandwich, some beans and potato salad.  I am not a big fan of beans but he basically forced a sample on me.  They are magical. And mostly meat. 

Open Fri-Sun, 11:30 till out.

B8-AE6739-5112-4573-8-F8-E-AD010-D0-E61-

CB1-A9-F1-C-A3-AB-4-BD8-9-EBB-B32-D97942

@KaiserSoze is moving in on my territory 

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Went to Louisiana Crab Shack located in the old fudruckers location in the shops at the galleria in bee cave tonight.  I had a shrimp po boy and wife had catfish and they both were good. We were literally the only people there at 6pm on a Monday night so I don't think it will be around too much longer so go while you can.

• 2 weeks later...

Finally tried the Garden at Ellera... was very much looking forward to a nice lunch outside before a nearby soccer game.  Looked at the menu... hmmm... prices are a little steep for lunch but OK, if it's good, it's worth it.  Ordered the $18 plate of gnocchi.  Food comes out.

Eight

Gnocchi

otto

for $18.00

Yeah, they were good but c'mon.  Outdoor space is amazing, wine selection was OK though seemed overpriced but the baby portions were absurd.

• Hook 'Em 2

• 1 month later...
On 9/23/2021 at 5:29 PM, ftf82 said:

anyone have an update on what's going in to the old Taco Bell at Walsh Tarlton and Bee Caves?

Bump. Any update? Right now it looks like it's just being used as overflow parking for something or other.

What-a-Burger deal fell through.  Doesn't mean they won't come back to the table (pun intended), but it's back on the open market.  they're also considering demolition and letting Cane's use part of it for a second drive-thru lane like Chik-Fil-A (it's 90% extended cab pickups with trailers in their lane during lunch hour and at 5:00p).  And the rest as parking/ATM drive-up.  But that's a backup plan, I'm guessing it returns as a glorified PAD site for some shitty chain.  I was really pulling for what-a-burger, though my cholesterol wouldn't appreciate it.  

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
1 minute ago, NoName said:

any specific breakfast taco spot recs from Hudson Bend to say 620 & Anderson Mill area?

Jefebertos.  Grab a bottle of his reaper sauce as well.

https://www.yelp.com/biz/jefeberto-s-taco-shack-austin

Gordibuena (old Sandeez location)

https://www.yelp.com/biz/la-gordibuena-taqueria-lakeway?osq=tacos

• Hook 'Em 2

6 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

Jefebertos.  Grab a bottle of his reaper sauce as well.

https://www.yelp.com/biz/jefeberto-s-taco-shack-austin

Gordibuena (old Sandeez location)

https://www.yelp.com/biz/la-gordibuena-taqueria-lakeway?osq=tacos

damn, was hoping to get a rec more on the east side vs the HB/Lakeway side.

those jefeberto tacos look amazing.