Things seem to be going quite well for Joe Biden

Parliament

aside from the groping, Joe's not a bad guy, but his energy is really low and I'd bet he would die in office first term. He doesn't seem motivated and the next 16 months are going to take a massive toll on his health.  He should drop out per his doctor's advice when it comes next year. 

7 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

So it's pretty cool that the Biden campaign has us arguing about how anti-integration policy Is Good, Actually here in 2019.

Cool, I bet the black community loves these white people speaking for them. 

2 hours ago, Patrick Bateman said:

I handicapped the O/U 5.5% fall in the polls within 2 weeks.  What side you got?

I'm taking the over.  I see the numbers that b_t just posted.  And that's fine.  Joe's not going to lose because of a lack of African-American support.  Joe's going to lose because whites are going to flee him.

The busing thing will stick in the craw of younger voters, and rightfully so.

Here's the thing...

There were good reasons to oppose some of the busing in some of the places.

The primary one is this: It was a VERY convenient way for local and state governments to continue to ignore and oppress black communities. This is where you find the black opposition to busing at the time (that and outright black separatism). If you wanted the government to invest heavily into the black community to help bring it out of the hole that white supremacy threw it in, then you had a very strong case AGAINST busing, which just took the kids out of the black community and cemented the white community's status as most worthy of attention.

The main problem for Joe here is that his thank-you letters weren't to black radicals. He wasn't writing love notes to the Black Panthers. He was writing love notes to racists and segregationists. Because there were also HORRIBLE reasons to oppose busing, and Joe Biden made kissy-face friends with men who opposed busing for the worst reasons.

If he was just up there saying, "Busing isn't ideal here because it allows the white power structure to oppress blacks by not investing in black communities" that would actually be fine.

But it's not, and it fucking sucks that he's made this an issue in 2019.

On ‎6‎/‎25‎/‎2019 at 1:07 PM, bad_teammate said:

Joe going with the "I was born a poor black child" routine.

As a fellow Steve Martin fan, I appreciate it.

I can't believe that people even put Al Sharpton on the air any more? He is the ultimate race pimp. He disgusts me.

33 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

Conservatives are so stupid they literally watch Al Sharon try desperately to run interference for an old white man and still think it's 1982 Al Sharon.

Update your grievances, idiot.

Well she’s a guy, so...

Edited by ChiTownDoc

Conservatives are so stupid they literally watch Al Sharon try desperately to run interference for an old white man and still think it's 1982 Al Sharon.

Update your grievances, idiot.

Race baiter defending a race baiter. Shocked I am....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Calihorn said:

It’s weird how talking about racism upsets Republicans, very weird.

It's their Fox News talking point.  Talking about race make you the actual racist.  It makes zero sense whatsoever. 

creepy joe, say it aint so:

Biden sees support from Democrats slip 10 points after debate

The percentage of Democrats who say they would vote for former Vice President Joe Biden if the presidential race were held tomorrow slipped by 10 points after the first primary debate.

According to a Morning Consult/FiveThirtyEight poll of likely Democratic voters released on Friday, 41.5 percent said before the debates they would vote for Biden tomorrow, but 31.5 percent said the same thing after Thursday night’s debate.

The apparent decline in support comes after Biden was widely seen as having faltered, including engaging in a stark exchange with Sen. Kamala Harris (D-Calif.) over school busing.

Harris herself got a nearly 9 point bump, with 16.6 percent of Democrats saying they would support her after the debate, up from 7.9 percent before the events.

Other 2020 candidates had marginal increases or decreases.

Biden defended himself Friday during a speech in Chicago, saying that “I fought my heart out to ensure that civil rights and voting rights, equal rights are enforced everywhere” and that he “never, ever opposed voluntary busing.”  

Morning Consult and FiveThirtyEight surveyed, from June 19-26, 7,150 registered voters who say they are likely to vote in their state’s Democratic primary or caucus. That result has a margin of error of 1 percentage point. Then, June 27-28, 1,399 respondents who answered the first round of questioning were surveyed. That result has a margin of error of 3 percentage points.

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/450958-10-percent-fewer-democrats-say-theyd-vote-for-biden-after-first-debate-poll

reading between the lines here, twitter, etc - seems like the trumpkins were super stoked that biden looked like shit, until they realized most dems were hoping and predicting this would happen.  a lot of "holy shit, he's their frontrunner and he's fucking terrible lolol".

now they're not sure what to do (other than spew racist nonsense at other candidates on twitter).  that should go well.

10 hours ago, Pancho said:

It's their Fox News talking point.  Talking about race make you the actual racist.  It makes zero sense whatsoever. 

Treating someone differently depending on their race is racism. Ever notice that Dems are constantly trying to treat different races differently? For example, did the Dem candidates talk about reparations? It only makes zero sense to people who are uninformed. Why did the press have to make George Zimmerman a "white hispanic"? Have you not been watching the news for the last four decades? It's a never ending stream of race baiting.

Edited by Thetexashammer
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 3

1 hour ago, Thetexashammer said:

Treating someone differently depending on their race is racism. Ever notice that Dems

And there it is. The Trumpkin tried to spin things just 13 words in. 

And let me make this clear for you. I am not a Democrat, but I will sure as fuck stand against any of you damn Trumpkins and the bullshit you spew on social media. Your voice does not matter, at all. 

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

3 hours ago, Thetexashammer said:

Treating someone differently depending on their race is racism.

You mean like assuming a black man is ineligible to be president because he must have been born in Africa?

Or assuming all brown people who want to come here are rapists and drug dealers?

Or wanting a wall between us and the brown people to the south while not seeing a need for a wall between us and the white people to the north?

Or like chain migration for the family of your high dollar Slovenian hooker being totally legal and totally cool, but chain migration from brown places being a drain on our society?

• Like 4

13 hours ago, TexArcher said:

You mean like assuming a black man is ineligible to be president because he must have been born in Africa?

Or assuming all brown people who want to come here are rapists and drug dealers

Or like chain migration for the family of your high dollar Slovenian hooker being totally legal and totally cool, but chain migration from brown places being a drain on our society?

I don't know what you are talking about in reference to public policy. I just know that one's personal feelings are not the issue when discussing public policy. It is a strict utilitarian analysis, more or less. I mean, you seem quite hateful and to use the lingo of the day, your posts are offensive make others feel less safe and able to express themselves. Should you be excluded from the discussion? Of course not.

Or wanting a wall between us and the brown people to the south while not seeing a need for a wall between us and the white people to the north?

There are two choices. You can have laws that treat everyone equally regardless or race, gender, etc., or you can have Jim Crow. I am in favor of equality before the law. I think Jim Crow is evil. May I presume you favor Jim Crow? There are no other choices. You certainly don't favor equality if you disagree with me, since that is what I favor. If we are being invaded from the north, build a wall. If Canadians come here illegally, deport them. Equality before the law. 

Edited by Thetexashammer
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

• immamac changed the title to Things seem to be going quite well for Joe Biden