Things seem to be going quite well for Joe Biden

Parliament

Joe Biden responds to bad news in Iowa by jabbering about marijuana being a gateway drug.  "I know, I'll drag out a tired old trope that nobody, anywhere, regardless of ideology, wants to hear anymore.  Find me some more stuff that nobody has patience for anymore and let's start trotting that out, too."

20 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

To be fair, the Bidens are intricately familiar with actual gateway drugs and beyond(a bit of an assumption that the known issue didn't just start where it ended in the Navy for his then middle aged son). 

Could the tweet from Atkins above be in poor taste given that history with Biden's son or did Ole Joe bring it on himself by using the gateway terminology for Mary-Jane in his recent speech?

1 hour ago, Chooky said:

Joe Biden responds to bad news in Iowa by jabbering about marijuana being a gateway drug.  "I know, I'll drag out a tired old trope that nobody, anywhere, regardless of ideology, wants to hear anymore.  Find me some more stuff that nobody has patience for anymore and let's start trotting that out, too."

I mean...ok...if you just want to lose.

Why do black women like him so much?

Black Women, he is not a sweet Uncle Joe who was good to your brother, Obama without an ulterior motive. He was only his side bitch when he couldn't get any closer to the presidency without him. Now he is still trying to trade on his name. Black Ladies, please look at Liz and believe her white ass when she says she wants to empower the middle class and give you a foundation to better your lives.

The bitch don't like the loan shark companies that Dotard's administration is allowing to continue their bullshit business practices.

The bitch wants to help with childcare  so you don't have to leave your wee kids with who you can afford on your tight ass budget but a better place where you don't have to worry about them..

The bitch wants to make the richest ass fuckers pay their fair share!  So much so that they are going to tank her because they are scared of how right she is about how to level the playing field that they built in their favor. 

We need all the black ladies to look at her boobs and camel toe and see that she has felt more of their trails and tribulations then that old boy Joe ever has with his  white boy privilege moose knuckle.  

I'd write a commercial but I am apparently racist. Oops.

• Like 3

They like Biden because he can beat Trump and they know exactly who he is, even with all the flaws.   They’re warming up to Warren as she becomes more visible/accessible but it’s a slow process.  They just don’t know her well enough yet and there is still fear surrounding nominating another woman. 

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz

3 hours ago, bad_teammate said:

I'm giving this guy a 75% chance of winning the nomination.

Liz 10%

Bernard 10%

Pete 5%

fuck :(

Sadly, I agree.  Biden's sorry ass is going to win the primary.  Dems already had plenty of center right establishment types, but now there are also too many fucking ex-Republicans with Dem voter registration cards.  I welcome their anti-Trumpism, but they should still be in the GOP voting against Trumpism in that primary for whoever has the balls to run against him in it.  Plus, we need the old Republicans to bring some order back to the GOP.

Also, the fact that Trump is getting impeached over getting Ukraine to attack Biden is a boon for Biden.  

We are quickly becoming a majority single party country with a crazed minority party that can still win the Senate and enough electoral college votes to win the Presidency because of our fucked up system.  It would probably be fine if the House of Reps was the stronger branch of Congress.  But it isn't.  We gave the House of Lords all the power.  The tyranny of the minority is only just getting started, I think.

Edited by FondrenRoad

They like Biden because he can beat Trump and they know exactly who he is, even with all the flaws.   They’re warming up to Warren as she becomes more visible/accessible but it’s a slow process.  They just don’t know her well enough yet and there is still fear surrounding nominating another woman. 

I follow a lot of other Beto supporters on Twitter and one of them (gay black man) made an interesting point about black support of Biden over minority (black, gay, female, Latino, etc.) candidates I hadn’t considered.

(It’s the guy who busted Chasten about the first class bullshittery)

He said some black people are choosing Biden because the backlash of the Obama presidency - Trump, the rise in white right wing wing violence, voter suppression, white ladies calling cops for standing around while black, etc. - has been so awful they’re actually against supporting another minority candidate because of fear of what might happen in response.

That’d they actually feel safer going with an old white guy.

I don’t know how pervasive that thought process might be but it’s something I as a white person had never considered.

Biden's campaign sends out email congratulating him on his debate performance... before the debate starts....

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/biden-campaign-sends-post-debate-email-hours-before-it-begins-i-hope-i-made-you-proud-out-there

He has to be just fucking with people at this point right?  Or should this be more of an indictment on the public/private education system in this country?  In which case, anyone who has been a part of politics of education (about everyone in DC) should be fired for making the people who work for them so utterly stupid they can't even fulfill the most basic of job.  Jesus christ.

Joe says he has the most support of elected black officials.

Kamala Harris picked up her 11th CBC endorsement this morning and continues to lead Biden amongst "elected black officials" but hey, nothing like pretending Harris doesn't exist after he literally dismissed her on stage when talking about the "only" black female Senator ever elected. 

• immamac changed the title to Things seem to be going quite well for Joe Biden