Things seem to be going quite well for Joe Biden

Parliament

5 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Are you not familiar with Biden’s 1987 presidential campaign? 

I'm saying you contracted yourself in a manner of two sentences. You said nobody cares about his plagiarism but then acknowledged that it was so cared about that it tanked his campaign. I don't understand your point. Lots of people cared.

21 minutes ago, BradInATX said:

I'm saying you contracted yourself in a manner of two sentences. You said nobody cares about his plagiarism but then acknowledged that it was so cared about that it tanked his campaign. I don't understand your point. Lots of people cared.

There are millions of voters that were a decade from being born when it happened.  Exaggerated analogy here but it’s like Kissinger running for office with no one talking about Cambodia. 

1 minute ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

There are millions of voters that were a decade from being born when it happened.  

Might that be why nobody is currently talking about Joe's plagiarism, but they are talking about Warren's Native American thing which happened a year or two ago?

Or we still gonna roll with the persecution thing?

Sure there is.  We've seen it with Warren and Harris.  Lesser extent Klobuchar except to tell everyone she's a MONSTER.

But y'know, if you're running on a platform of "I will not appoint wealthy donors to ambassadorships," it is a legit criticism that you voted for (or did not raise criticism) of your own party's president doing so.   Someone with principles isn't afraid to be an independent voice. 

Colleen Bell, a producer of the soap opera "The Bold and the Beautiful," and a bundler for Obama, was confirmed the same day as an ambassador to Hungary. She raised at least $500,000 for Obama's campaigns.

During her confirmation hearing, Bell struggled to name U.S. strategic interests in Hungary. Republicans blasted her nomination and Sen. John McCain, R-Ariz., lambasted the choice on the Senate floor, calling Bell "unqualified" to represent the United States.

Bell was confirmed to the post 52-42 and Warren was among those who approved.

Image result for chrissy teigen gif

That is not misogynist, Hugo.  Those are reporting facts.  

It is very strategic by Warren.  Not unlike her 100% flip-flop on SRS for people in prison.  

Edited by Js1

Just now, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Sorry but this criticism has a “but you participate in society” meme vibe about it.

Warren advocating for a higher standard and the media going all “well but actually you didn’t have this higher standard when Obama was selling ambassadorships.” Curious! 

Isn't that what journalists are supposed to do ?  Call out the double standard BS people do ?  Cuuuuuuuuuuurious....

Who the hell said compromised?   She's now running on "I will not appoint big money donors as ambassadors" and yet she confirmed many big money donors as ambassadors under Obama without a peep.  It's only a problem now that Trump is president and she's running.   

I have the same criticism for Bernie.  He also voted for Bell and Mamet.*

*Huh, Angus King is the true independent - he voted against both of these. 

Edited by Js1

She didn’t make those appointments, Obama did.  She is running on what she promises to do as president, which is change the game. 

But yes, Elizabeth Warren should have not only blocked Obama’s shitty ambassadors, she should have raised hell about it in the process.  No way would the democratic party go psycho on her for stepping out of line like that. Critical error on her part. Mistakes were made. 

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz

Yeah, this is disingenuous nitpicking.

“The Big Dollar Donor Honorary Ambassadorship to Bora Bora” has always been a thing but if it took Warren or any Democrat seeing Trump put those kind of people in important, actual ambassadorships to realize this practice has become a bad idea, then I’m okay with that.

Getting shocked into shifting your stance when moderately “acceptable” corruption becomes “OMG everything is on fire including the constitution” corruption is a good thing.

Isn’t that what we’ve been BEGGING Republicans to do?????

Like, “Okay, y’all defended when Reagan and the Bushes did bad stuff but OMG isn’t there a line?”

There’s not a thinking person in this country - elected official or ordinary citizen - who hasn’t had their “This is not good and bullshittery” line shifted by this presidency.

I’ll fully admit I was just whatever about EOs when Obama was president because I made the excuse to myself that the Congress was treating him unfairly and well, elections have consequences.

But seeing how Trump has further abused EOs has shifted my thinking. It was a slow burn but inevitable end point of years of erosion of that tool.

Now - even for a hypothetical President Beto (no I’m not over it) - I think permanent EOs should be strictly ceremonial, National Labradoodle Day for example. Any policy EOs should have an expiration date and if not backed up by passed and signed legislation then the EO policy expires.

And Warren should probably say something like “I’ve voted for donor ambassadors in the past because I had trust that the president wouldn’t nominate horrible cretins but now I’ve reconsidered that seeing the worst possible case scenario play out. We have to have zero tolerance for this practice because it’s easy to let corruption seep into this practice and I didn’t recognize that before. Sometimes you have to be punched in the mouth to get your attention.”

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Biden has two plagiarism scandals on his record no one talks about.  One of them forced him out of a presidential race.  

Meanwhile Elizebeth Warren gets crucified for erroneously claiming too much NA heritage and being a registered Republican decades before she ever ran for a political office. 

Warren lied for personal benefit. Biden lied for personal benefit. Warren's actually lied quite frequently. Biden leveraged his position for his son's benefit. The commonality is that but Biden and Warren, like the Orange Man, are individuals of poor character.

Edited by Thetexashammer

On 11/24/2019 at 4:07 PM, bad_teammate said:

Joe is telling the truth here about the big secret. The Democrats became a terrible party in the early 1990s and that hasn't changed.

Honestly the first thing I notice here is that Biden, like Trump, has slowed a lot from his prime.

• immamac changed the title to Things seem to be going quite well for Joe Biden