Things seem to be going quite well for Joe Biden

Parliament

Not that it matters but the Hunter Biden thing is a story because trump wanted to hurt Joe. The obvious response is “why do your kids travel to your business dealings on taxpayer dime when you said they wouldn’t be involved in government and Trump Co simultaneously? If your family is so wealthy, why do they struggle to foot the bill for their own travel?” 

He won’t respond but keep hammering the real conflicts of interest and not the fake story. 

Also thread title is hilarious as Biden has watched each rival stagnate; fall off; or drop out. He’s still in a prime position in Dec 2019. Finish top 2 or 3 in the white states, romp in SC; win nomination. 

12 hours ago, bad_teammate said:

Hunter Biden is smoking crack, knocking up Arkies, and cashing Ukranian oil checks while his dad calls old men fatass and challenges them to pushup contests

The only thing that makes sense from the perspective of the larger American story is President Joe Biden

The wrong Biden is running for President.  

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Incredulity said:

Give it time.

100% Chelsea runs in the future.

Hunter is probably 70/30 against.

SHUT THE FUCK UP. Because you’ll be dead silent when Don Jr runs before both of those and you’ll have no issue with that. 

1 hour ago, Horns99 said:

Not going to go read through this entire thread, but I’m curious about your response. Do you think it was ok & on the up & up for Hunter to be employed by that company & get paid? Do you think he had the resume to be hired for that role? I’m not sure why you think he shouldn’t be allowed to ask the question & get a real answer.

First of all, you should read my response again, because in no way, shape, or form did I say that the guy questioning Biden "shouldn't be allowed to ask the question."  What I said is that Biden has to have a better answer than that.  Big fucking difference, Swam (and I refer to you collectively as "Swam").

I'm gonna answer your question to me anyway, but I'm gonna separate my thoughts:

1). Again, the whole story about Biden firing a Ukrainian prosecutor investigating his son is bullshit.  It's 100% bullshit.  The prosecutor Biden wanted fired WAS corrupt, and he WASN'T investigating the company in question.  It's a bullshit story, just like "Ukraine interfered in the 2016 election."  It's not true.  Those stories started in Russia, made their way through a bunch of twitter bots and right-wing websites until they started getting repeated by guests on Fox, then later parroted by insufferable internet trolls and Republican congressmen (often the same people). 

So I understand why Biden would get testy when a disingenuous "just asking questions" guy parrots this exact story to his face, but, like I said, he's got to have a better answer.

2). Nobody hates rich kids more than me.  Fuck them, fuck their khaki- and baseball cap-wearing self-satisfied frat brothers, their overpaid summer internships, and their seed money businesses.  That includes coke-snorting Hunter Biden.  I'm not inclined to give Hunter Biden the benefit of the doubt on anything, and a lot of other people feel the same way, which is why the fake story against him resonated, and why right-wing morons like the Fox primetime lineup and Kennedy in Louisiana keep repeating it to their receptive audiences.

3). Yeah, it seems shady that a foreign company wants to throw 50K/month at the VP's kid.  I don't know if anything corrupt happened (tax breaks, exploration contracts, altered American foreign policy).  If it did, prosecute them, and if I see evidence of corruption, I'll support significant jail time for all parties.  

I don't have a "side" when it comes to corruption.

4). The idea of Republicans getting offended at Hunter Biden getting into a financial conflict-of-interest situation... *mind blown.gif*.  I mean, within walking distance of the White House, there's a Trump hotel where foreign governments spend millions, and they do so with the expressed intent of getting favorable policies from America.  Not to mention the millions of taxpayer dollars Trump collects every time he plays golf in Florida or abroad.  I can't even begin to list the ways that American policy has been overtaken by the Trump family's desire for massive wealth... from Trump's hotels to Kushner's need to refinance 1.4 billion dollars in real estate.

Republicans have the moral high ground on nothing.  Not personal morality, not fiscal conservatism, not patriotism, and certainly not in fighting corruption.  

• Like 9
  • Fuck You 1

43 minutes ago, Dropout said:

Joe must not need voters. I’ve lost count how many times he’s told me to vote for someone else.

Jesus, Joe has to put his hands (or mouth) on everyone.  I'd love to see someone slap his hands off of them, just once.

21 minutes ago, Paul Wesley said:

Nobody hates rich kids more than me.  Fuck them, fuck their khaki- and baseball cap-wearing self-satisfied frat brothers, their overpaid summer internships, and their seed money businesses.

*slowly hides Vineyard Vines gift card I had planned on giving Paul*

• Like 3

SHUT THE FUCK UP. Because you’ll be dead silent when Don Jr runs before both of those and you’ll have no issue with that. 

Wow, does him saying that really get you that angry? I can see Don Jr & Clinton both making a run some point in their lives. Do I fucking care right now, uh no.

6 minutes ago, LABEVO said:

It isn’t naivety about working across the aisle.  Establishment Dems don’t want the status quo to change. 

Yes. And the status quo have us President Donald J. Trump. This is why Biden or Buttigieg cannot be the nominee and would be a disaster if elected. You have an opportunity to save our government and society and build a future. There's only two candidates willing to do that.

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, horncyclist said:

Yes. And the status quo have us President Donald J. Trump. This is why Biden or Buttigieg cannot be the nominee and would be a disaster if elected. You have an opportunity to save our government and society and build a future. There's only two candidates willing to do that.

The status quo gave the country Trump ?  There's not much that's status quo about Trump.  The status quo candidate was Hillary Clinton. Bernie was, and is a non status quo candidate, Biden is as status quo as it gets.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

The status quo gave the country Trump ?  There's not much that's status quo about Trump.  The status quo candidate was Hillary Clinton. Bernie was, and is a non status quo candidate, Biden is as status quo as it gets.

With regard to legislation, regulation, and appointments, Donald Trump is as status quo as it gets. 

• Like 1

On 12/8/2019 at 12:06 PM, Hugo Stiglitz said:

It's just absolutely shocking how clueless these statements are. Sure, in a two party system, it may be natural to have a conservative party and a liberal parties, or two parties split on other policy or ideological grounds. So long as the members of each party have the country and its people's interests at heart, then sure, we need two parties. We do not need the GOP as it exists today, and I think it's beyond repair. We need a candidate that will crush it and the treason it stand for. And I still think Biden, given his history and weaknesses, loses to Trump. God help us. 

• Like 2

Capacity.  Clearly you may not have it either.

Either way, he needs to choose a VP in their 50s because that VP is running in 2024 or assuming the presidency at some point between 2021 and 2024, just saying.  He old. 

Going up against the sitting VP and heir apparent won't garner you friends among the party, so like McCain, who Biden picks as VP matters a whole lot. 

This was my shower thought last night. It's going to be Kamala anyways. 

• Joe + Kamala = juiced black turnout because they love Uncle Joe and they'll show up for one of their own on the ticket 
  • Joe makes disaffected Republicans feel okay and he's a beloved figure in the party (if Trump being up for re-election doesn't get Democrats to the polls, we're worthless as a party) 
  • Kamala wouldn't be offensive to suburban women we need to retain from 2018

Biden/Harris:

• Don't lose any 2016 Hillary states - 232
  • Juices turnout in Milwaukee, Detroit and Philly - 278
  • Increases black turnout in NC and makes continued gains in the suburbs - 293
  • Increases latino turnout in AZ and makes continued gains in the suburbs - 304
  • Barely loses Florida and Georgia

2 hours ago, Js1 said:

I still think this is the best option.  Run on kicking Trump out and restoring normalness while grooming your VP to run in 2024.  Basically President Emeritus 

Biden picking a VP that's a bit more progressive than he is, beating Trump, and serving a single-term is not the worst option out there. Get Trump the hell out, and then in 2024 worry about all of the bucket list progressive items that aren't going to pass without a super majority anyway.

Edited by BradInATX
  • Like 1

Just now, BradInATX said:

Biden picking a VP that's a bit more progressive than he is, beating Trump, and serving a single-term is not the worst option out there. Get Trump the hell out, and then in 2024 worry about all of the bucket list progressive items that aren't going to pass without a super majority anyway.

While it is likely the Democrats *could* take the Senate with 50 seats + tie breaker, the 2022 map is so much better that you're basically guaranteeing a better majority halfway through a first term anyhow because 50 + tie breaker isn't going to do shit for you when you have to deal with Manchin and Sinema being swingy moderates.

2020: 50 + VP
2022: You could conceivably gain 5-7 more seats (Wisky, PA, NC, Florida, Georgia, Ohio, Iowa) if you retain AZ
2024: Only a couple of options here - Texas and Florida and you have to defend Wisconsin, Michigan, Ohio, Pennsylvania, WV, Montana and Arizona. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Js1 said:

While it is likely the Democrats *could* take the Senate with 50 seats + tie breaker, the 2022 map is so much better that you're basically guaranteeing a better majority halfway through a first term anyhow because 50 + tie breaker isn't going to do shit for you when you have to deal with Manchin and Sinema being swingy moderates.

2020: 50 + VP
2022: You could conceivably gain 5-7 more seats (Wisky, PA, NC, Florida, Georgia, Ohio, Iowa) if you retain AZ
2024: Only a couple of options here - Texas and Florida and you have to defend Wisconsin, Michigan, Ohio, Pennsylvania, WV, Montana and Arizona. 

I think eventually public sentiment and demographic shifts are going to force the swingy Ds and the Rs in purple states to support things like marijuana legalization, public healthcare (a public option at the very least), etc.

We just have to get past this odd interlude of ignorance and racism, let some of the boomers die off, and I think you'll see a move back towards sanity and a time where the majority of the country supports what would currently be considered far-left ideas.

But that time isn't 2020, IMO.

2 hours ago, Js1 said:

I still think this is the best option.  Run on kicking Trump out and restoring normalness while grooming your VP to run in 2024.  Basically President Emeritus 

I said a long time ago I'd be ok with Biden if he promised to only serve one term, but wasn't the push back that it would just embolden Rs in congress to do even more of nothing since they knew he would be out in 4 years?

1 minute ago, Biff Tannen said:

I said a long time ago I'd be ok with Biden if he promised to only serve one term, but wasn't the push back that it would just embolden Rs in congress to do even more of nothing since they knew he would be out in 4 years?

It would be very incumbent on winning those 4 Senate seats in 2020 and using the VP as a tie breaker to tell them to fuck off.  

3 hours ago, bad_teammate said:

Giving away the incumbency advantage is hilariously on-brand for a centrist Democrat.

Possibly the dumbest selling point in the history of politics and for the record, there is zero reason to believe Biden wouldn’t run for a second term regardless of what he says now.

• immamac changed the title to Things seem to be going quite well for Joe Biden