Things seem to be going quite well for Joe Biden

Parliament

2 minutes ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

I'm sorry, you think Joe Biden is Americas last hope for demacracy ?  Seriously, not just some sarcasm here ?

I wish it wasn't the case, but if dotard gets re-elected democracy is doomed.  Biden is the presumptive Democrat nominee and only chance to defeat shit for brains.  Ergo Biden is the de facto last chance for democracy.

But yes, there was a bit of sarcasm.

Edited by Fudge Nuggets

1 minute ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

I wish it wasn't the case, but if dotard gets re-elected democracy is doomed.  Biden is the presumptive Democrat nominee and only chance to defeat shit for brains.  Ergo Biden is the de facto last chance for democracy.

But yes, there was a bit of sarcasm.

Glad there was some sarcasm, and if Dotard gets elected it's not the end of democracy.  C'mon man, we're a lot stronger get than that.

7 hours ago, FondrenRoad said:

To be fair, this is also why Cuomo is better than Cynthia Nixon who you wanted to unseat him.

You are wildly overestimating my actual desire for Cuomo and the expertness of his actions. He's performing with a base-level competence, which is superior to what we'll get from either Trump or Biden.

Calm down.

6 minutes ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

I don't think it works that way.  He can hold press conferences, but once he announces a time Dotard can hold one at the same time as well.  Guess which one is going to be broadcast?

Biden 2020: I'm not guaranteed to win, so why try?

OK, I finally found something Joe's done in the last week, virtual fundraising where he says his VP needs to be prepared to step in immediately.

Democratic presidential front-runner Joe Biden said Sunday that he has talked with former President Barack Obama about a potential vice presidential pick.

Speaking to over 70 Georgia donors on a fundraising call, Biden said he and Obama recently agreed that his vice presidential nominee must have the political experience to step in as president if he were unable to serve.

"The most important thing — and I've actually talked to Barack about this — the most important thing is that there has to be someone who, the day after they're picked, is prepared to be president of the United States of America if something happened," Biden said.

To be clear: Fundraising for his campaign, not for charities fighting the deadly pandemic we are facing.

#Leadership

9 minutes ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

Anyone other that Trump, is our last hope for democracy.  It's not that Joe is special, he's just not retarded, like our current potus. 

Again we are not going to lose our democracy because of Trump or any president for that matter.  Id he's that smart and devious then a lit of folks on the CR are gonna have to apologize and cal out their own mistake calling him retarded, steps, illiterate, etc.

He's a lot of things, but democracy ending, master mind ain't one of 'em.

In a year guys like onboard will be enthusiastically rounding up opponents of their fuhrer who dared to rig the election by voting against Trump. They’ll argue that we can’t risk a transfer of power at the height of a pandemic that has killed millions of Americans and that doing so is treason.

1 hour ago, wildcat09 said:

In a year guys like onboard will be enthusiastically rounding up opponents of their fuhrer who dared to rig the election by voting against Trump. They’ll argue that we can’t risk a transfer of power at the height of a pandemic that has killed millions of Americans and that doing so is treason.

Mark it Dude.

2 hours ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

I don't think it works that way.  He can hold press conferences, but once he announces a time Dotard can hold one at the same time as well.  Guess which one is going to be broadcast?

trump's pressers are ~ the same time every day.  they go on and on, but then they're over.  any semi-competent group of staffers and strategists can write up 5-10 minute quickie responses and trot biden in front of some cameras.  shit, they can go live-to-tape, it doesn't need to be "live" in front of tv cameras (nobody is doing that now anyway because of safety).  just get it out as a nightly "response" and people will pay attention. 

it will also further push trump towards insanity, and more unforced errors.  a response to his drivel is easy to write, because of his constant rudderless blathering and dithering administration. 

i'm not really 'mad' at biden right now for disappearing.  but at this point in the democratic primary process, he should have the all-star team as far as moderate/establishment staffer types.  they need to be on this.  he's not campaigning - what the fuck else is there to do?

3 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

trump's pressers are ~ the same time every day.  they go on and on, but then they're over.  any semi-competent group of staffers and strategists can write up 5-10 minute quickie responses and trot biden in front of some cameras.  shit, they can go live-to-tape, it doesn't need to be "live" in front of tv cameras (nobody is doing that now anyway because of safety).  just get it out as a nightly "response" and people will pay attention. 

it will also further push trump towards insanity, and more unforced errors.  a response to his drivel is easy to write, because of his constant rudderless blathering and dithering administration. 

i'm not really 'mad' at biden right now for disappearing.  but at this point in the democratic primary process, he should have the all-star team as far as moderate/establishment staffer types.  they need to be on this.  he's not campaigning - what the fuck else is there to do?

Yes, he should.

No, that wasn't Bernie talk. That was referencing you specifically as the "Bernie guy". You've littered this thread with your pettiness towards Biden and want to slam someone else as being petty towards your guy. Hence Alanis. 

Edited by mdmost
  • Like 6

The first part of your sentence is dead on. The rest is amusing especially your tactic/stock-Rocko-esque response. You spew all this crap yet if we respond in any way, you're "in our heads" or you occupy some sort of real estate. If we point out your massive hypocrisy, you respond with the same tired line, "Bernie talk in the Biden thread not going away". And your slam on centrists is ever amusing. Your far left side was resoundingly rejected in all but a few states.

Edited by mdmost
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

To go on tv and offer his opinion?  He sure does. 

But is it wise for him to do so?

It's obviously too much to hope for actual good candidates like Warren and Sanders, but can we at least have Kamala? Oh my god, please give me Booker at this point, I'd strangle a cat to replace Joe with Cory right now.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bad_teammate said:

It's obviously too much to hope for actual good candidates like Warren and Sanders, but can we at least have Kamala? Oh my god, please give me Booker at this point, I'd strangle a cat to replace Joe with Cory right now.

No. The nominee is going to be Joe Biden. 

On 3/23/2020 at 10:06 AM, wildcat09 said:

Hahahahahahahahahaha....

• Like 1

3 hours ago, bad_teammate said:

Strangle a cat?  What are you a serial killer in training?

11 hours ago, Biff Tannen said:

Deal with it.

Biden is the nominee and would probably be a marginally better president than Trump. I gladly accept this. So what does "deal with it" even mean?

Stop thinking critically? Stop making demands of Democratic leadership?

No thanks. :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bad_teammate said:

Biden is the nominee and would probably be a marginally better president than Trump. I gladly accept this. So what does "deal with it" even mean?

Stop thinking critically? Stop making demands of Democratic leadership?

No thanks. :)

Marginally better? 

sure jan GIF

• Like 1

5 hours ago, bad_teammate said:

Yay!

then i'm glad these business leaders are suggesting the same people most of us have been suggesting.  this reminds me of the pete/zuckerberg stuff.

headline - zuckerberg and his wife privately recommended staff hires to buttigieg campaign.

left twitter - "zomg mark zuckerberg is hand-picking all high positions in rat-faced-pete's campaign he's so dirty billionaire billionaire!! 

10 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

They are?

if that article is to be believed...

The names being floated and pushed to Biden include Sens. Kamala Harris, Amy Klobuchar and Catherine Cortez Masto; Michigan Gov. Gretchen Whitmer; and Florida Rep. Val Demings.

i like all these names.  i'm also not a huge fan of abrams getting the nod, and she's not listed.  so yes, i like this list.

• Like 1

• immamac changed the title to Things seem to be going quite well for Joe Biden