Things seem to be going quite well for Joe Biden

Parliament

46 minutes ago, Macanudo said:

You guys do know that nad teammate WANTS Trump to win reelection no matter who he faces in November, right?

He's only happy when it rains.

The only question is whether he’s a Russian troll or been co-opted domestically.  

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Pancho said:

WTF does this have to do with anything?

Joe Biden is running for the Democratic nomination for President of the United States. The President is the de facto leader of his own party, which means that his values and positions largely become the party's values and positions.

I want the Democratic Party to choose a good nominee who will promote values and positions I agree with.

It would be great if Joe stepped down for someone like Liz. I think we should pressure Joe and the party to make that happen. It's not going to happen, of course, but hey.

She has already endorsed him and would say yes to his VP slot.  You're more angry about this than she is. 

My problem with that interaction isn't that she was upset by it and I don't care how she feels about it now.

What's your purpose?

Seems to me that the purpose of this forum is to comment on the events and people of the day in politics and share perspectives and argue where disagreements occur, right?

Ideally Joe's constituency would hold his feet to the fire consistently to protect the interests of working people and vulnerable populations by demanding that he not only put out good statements through surrogates, but actively and coherently promoting progressive and pro-worker policies. He won't, because he's fucking dogshit.

11 minutes ago, Orale said:
20 minutes ago, Bateshorn said:
The only question is whether he’s a Russian troll or been co-opted domestically.  

He's just a miserable person that takes pleasure in making other people miserable.

Fair enough, but here's a question: Is it less miserable to attack a powerless woman who might be a rape victim as an ugly, crazy whore?

I'm pretty happy with my side of things.

Fair enough, but here's a question: Is it less miserable to attack a powerless woman who might be a rape victim as an ugly, crazy whore?
I'm pretty happy with my side of things.
I've never called her ugly or a whore. Crazy seems fair.

How is telling someone to vote for someone else if they believe Reade, and thus make that a priority in their vote, "telling them to eat shit"?"

Separate issue:  Anyone who was all in on "believe all women" or "who will think of the 19 year old drunken frat boy who is wrongly accused" need to admit that jumping to conclusions on these issues is a mistake.

Again, it doesn't matter what Biden says or how he says it, for bt. The only thing he wants is Biden gone or stepping down. Anything short of that, he will find an issue with. If you haven't noticed, he just simply loves to argue with people on here. 

2 hours ago, Orale said:

I've never called her ugly or a whore. Crazy seems fair.

"Crazy" isn't fair at all.

The oppo file on Reade has been dumped with more vigor and thoroughness than Biden's and what we've got is some conflicting testimonies about her past and a couple of angry landlords.

As far as not saying it yourself, that's true, but part of being part of a groupthink circlejerk is that you don't have to say the untasteful thing out loud yourself, you just stand in allegiance with others who do. It's a classic Republican ploy of being able to say, "I'm not racist" while voting for racists. Join their hooting pod of jackals but maintain just enough distance to be able to pretend to be shocked when called out on what you're choosing to stand next to.

1 hour ago, tantric superman said:

How is telling someone to vote for someone else if they believe Reade, and thus make that a priority in their vote, "telling them to eat shit"?"

Because he's telling them to vote for Donald Trump. He does this all the time and it is 100% intended as a divisive insult.

"You think I'm a rapist? Well fine, go vote for a bigger rapist."
"You don't like my immigration policy? Well fine, go vote for an even bigger racist."
"You don't like my climate policy? Well fine, go vote for a climate change denier."

It's petulant, childish bullshit. Which I guess is why you guys like it.

Separate issue:  Anyone who was all in on "believe all women" or "who will think of the 19 year old drunken frat boy who is wrongly accused" need to admit that jumping to conclusions on these issues is a mistake.

Believe women is the right take, you just don't seem to understand what it means.

It doesn't mean that all women are always telling the truth (or remembering correctly), it simply means that you give their word equal weight to a man's. The jurisprudential standard is that the accused is right until the accuser can establish their case "beyond a reasonable doubt". All #BelieveWomen tells you to do is not use that standard in non-legal considerations.

#BelieveWomen is good and correct, regardless of how it makes us feel or how it impacts our political allegiances.

Just now, mdmost said:

Again, it doesn't matter what Biden says or how he says it, for bt. The only thing he wants is Biden gone or stepping down. Anything short of that, he will find an issue with. If you haven't noticed, he just simply loves to argue with people on here. 

At least I'm arguing about the relevant issues. You've got all these posts about me.

#sad

5 hours ago, bad_teammate said:

2) Let's say Republican X has a spotless record with women but wants to cut social welfare programs and kick millions more off of healthcare. And he's running against Democrat X who is a known sex creep with a few credible accusers and a lifetime of other rumors, but will expand social welfare to the needy and put everyone onto quality healthcare rolls.

Is it "essentially amoral" to vote for Democrat X? No. Of course not. Absolute horseshit. Voting for the rapist is the proper moral choice in that circumstance (as it is in Biden v Trump).

2 hours ago, bad_teammate said:

It would be great if Joe stepped down for someone like Liz. I think we should pressure Joe and the party to make that happen. It's not going to happen, of course, but hey.

You pretty much summarized and agreed with all that anyone here is saying - JB seems to be the inevitable alternative option to Trump, and he's the better option by a lot.

He's less than ideal. He's still the much better option. What are we talking about?

13 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

At least I'm arguing about the relevant issues. You've got all these posts about me.

#sad

Well, Biden's the nominee. That's obviously not changing. You keep arguing like it will. You want it to be one way but it's the other way. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

Believe women is the right take, you just don't seem to understand what it means.

It doesn't mean that all women are always telling the truth (or remembering correctly), it simply means that you give their word equal weight to a man's. The jurisprudential standard is that the accused is right until the accuser can establish their case "beyond a reasonable doubt". All #BelieveWomen tells you to do is not use that standard in non-legal considerations.

#BelieveWomen is good and correct, regardless of how it makes us feel or how it impacts our political allegiances.

I think you are very much misinterpreting what "believe women" means, politically, and you are certainly misinterpreting my statement. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Believe_women

"As far as not saying it yourself, that's true, but part of being part of a groupthink circlejerk is that you don't have to say the untasteful thing out loud yourself, you just stand in allegiance with others who do."

As opposed to a one man circle jerk?

4 minutes ago, mdmost said:

Well, Biden's the nominee. That's obviously not changing. You keep arguing like it will. You want it to be one way but it's the other way. 

I do? I don't think there's any chance anyone but Joe Biden is the nominee. I've felt that way since the night before Super Tuesday when the favors were all called in. I've never argued that possibility and I certainly don't believe my posting here impacts events at a national level (or even a micro-local level).

You guys work very hard to pretend I think and say things that I don't actually think and say to justify your weird interpersonal grudges.

1 minute ago, Orale said:

As opposed to a one man circle jerk?

Yes, because the thing you just said makes no sense.

30 minutes ago, Hank Chinaski said:

You pretty much summarized and agreed with all that anyone here is saying - JB seems to be the inevitable alternative option to Trump, and he's the better option by a lot.

He's less than ideal. He's still the much better option. What are we talking about?

I think b_ts overall argument is that there’s still time so that it doesn’t have to be trump v Biden. And while his first choice would be sanders, he understands that 1)it wouldn’t be sanders as the replacement 2) all the other candidates are still hands down better than trump, pick one of them that’s better than Biden, 3) there’s no realistic chance that they make any move to replace Biden. 

he is stating and defending his opinion. And he’s willing to restate and defend each and every post in which he is engaged. 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Bama Chick said:

It was NEVER “Believe ALL Women”.

Twisting that messaging into an absolute is also bad.

These are the people who that phrase was created for... Why are you surprised that they don't understand it? 

39 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

The oppo file on Biden started 30-40 years ago. No one knew who Tara Reade was until 3-4 weeks ago. 

That’s not correct.  As the Vox story shows, she’s been shopping a story about Joe Biden since spring of last year. Virtual every major MSM outlet has been pursuing it.   It was of  the “uncomfortable physical contact” (hair touching, shoulder rubbing, no accusations of more) variety with a number of other women until late March 2020.

Then Reade accused Biden of pushing her against a wall and inserting his fingers into her vagina in the public hallways of the Russell Senate Office Building basement or the attached trolly-way.

She’s been well acquainted with news media covering the Biden campaign for at least a year, and actively engaging with reporters. 

• Like 1

So I see that BT is still fighting the good Tara Reade fight with his multiple quote posting style. I wouldn’t expect anything less.

The guy is an obvious trump supporting troll masquerading as a Bernie/dem supporter yet everything he ever posts is meant to help trump and hurt the dem nominee. It is absolutely worthless discussing anything with a guy like that.

He has lately been ignoring anything I say. Because what I say is the truth and like his trump, he don’t like the truth. I don’t mind. Just want to point that out is all. 

You keep being you BT. 

4 hours ago, bad_teammate said:

I do? I don't think there's any chance anyone but Joe Biden is the nominee. I've felt that way since the night before Super Tuesday when the favors were all called in. I've never argued that possibility and I certainly don't believe my posting here impacts events at a national level (or even a micro-local level).

You guys work very hard to pretend I think and say things that I don't actually think and say to justify your weird interpersonal grudges.

Yes, because the thing you just said makes no sense.

You want trump to win and are doing whatever you can to make that happen. Just fucking admit it and move on. I dunno,  use another handle or something. This one isn’t gonna work anymore. 

You would think the republicans would have come up with a better more believable story than “I got fingered in the halls of congress” but then again, we are dealing with the most corrupt party that ever existed in this country.

And like their dipshit uneducated (on purpose) constituents, we are dealing with some really stupid people here. Just because they got money because they know how to steal it doesn’t mean they are actually smart. 

• Like 1

Who here thinks that people who believe Tara Reade shouldn't vote for Joe Biden?

Aye.

I also think in the absence of guilt you have to go with the not-yet-proven-guilty guy over the actual sexual predator. But that's just me, and my level of being against rape doesn't go up and down with my daily emotion level.

But I think if you truly believe that Biden raped her beyond reasonable doubt, your vote for jill Stein is justifiable.

5 minutes ago, BradInATX said:

I also think in the absence of guilt you have to go with the not-yet-proven-guilty guy over the actual sexual predator. But that's just me, and my level of being against rape doesn't go up and down with my daily emotion level.

On what days have I not been against rape and have I not believed female accusers? I'm happy to entertain a charge of hypocrisy or inconsistency, just tell me the details.

Using your standard, Donald Trump isn't a proven guilty sexual predator, either. See the problem?

Of course you don't. You're a lifelong Republican.

But I think if you truly believe that Biden raped her beyond reasonable doubt, your vote for jill Stein is justifiable.

Here's a funny thing, I didn't actually vote for Jill Stein. But you, like so many other scolds here, have a long history of voting for Republicans and supporting monstrous conservative politics.

Every accusation a confession.

13 hours ago, BradInATX said:

Assuming someone is guilty before it has been proven is a very Republican thing to do.

21 hours ago, Hank Kingsley said:

Always comparing Biden's allegation to Kavanaugh's is just really fucking weird. Seems like it's not really about justice for Reade but winning a hypocrisy argument. 

I’m here for the hypocrisy argument. See the example posted above. 

• Like 1

Tara Reade might be a victim of sexual assault. She might be a liar. She might be a self-serving attention seeker. She might be all three at the same time. 
Reality is we'll never know. It drives Trumpers crazy because Dems are using the same back-peddling, cover-up sorts of tactics to excuse this away -- she's a fraud, it's not credible, there's no proof, etc -- that Trump defenders do for the allegations against him. And just like on the Trump side, few voters are going to stop voting for Biden because of this. Trumpers and Republicans call this behavior two-faced or hypocritical. 
But it's not. When Biden has dozens of accusers, let me know. When Biden states that he grabs unsuspecting and uninterested women by the pussy, let me know. When state leaders have such a solid case of cover-up regarding sexual impropriety that it's being heard by the US Supreme Court, let me know. When Biden openly insults women about their looks, let me know. When Biden has multiple failed marriages and marries an illegal alien 20+ years younger than him, let me know. When Biden says his own daughter is so beautiful that he's consider fucking her, let me know.
And that's just sexual misconduct, some of which is likely illegal and trauma-inducing for victims but most of which is just distasteful and morally repugnant. We haven't even talked about the stuff that matters -- the real, horrifying, nation-ruining shit that Trump has done that not only distinguishes him from Biden but also from any other president in history. So yeah, Reade's accusations aren't really moving the needle for many Dems. 
I mean, it is hypocrotical in contrast to things like the Ford accusations against Kavanaugj, Al Franken, etc. Can't really get around that.

I do agree Trump's on a different level and that's why as things stand now, I'm still prepared to vote for Biden. I'll take "maybe committed sexual assault once" over "openly admitted to committing sexual assault, definitely a scumbag, definitely an unmitigated fucking disaster as president." Sucks that's where we are but the decision is still easy.
  • Like 5

9 hours ago, BradInATX said:

Trump has almost exponentially more accusers with as much credibility as Reade. I'd love to read your bibliography of support for them. Links, please.

I believe Trump's accusers.

The "bibliography" thing is a nice trolling touch, my Republican friend. I'm consistent, both in my support of accusers and my voting history. I believe Franken's accusers, I believe Trump's, and Biden's and Kavanaugh's.

I don't think any of those men should be found guilty in a court of law based on the given evidence. I think everyone should operate from the presumption that both the accuser and the accused are equally credible and only then go into an analysis of evidence and then an analysis of what should be done (if anything). Most of the time, unfortunately, the "what should be done" answer is "nothing", just like is the case with Biden and Reade.

I don't even want Biden to step down because of moralistic reasons. I want him out because I think he is dogshit politically and I think the Reade accusation is a weight around his neck against Trump (true or not), not because I think it is beneath the noble station of the office of President to have a rapist in there.

9 minutes ago, mdmost said:

Ah cool. Another purity test. This time for posters. 

That's all any of this is. The purity test being directed at me is adequate demonstrated support of the Democratic nominee so as to not indicate support of Trump.

It's like Reservoir Dogs where they all have guns pointed at each others and the bullet is the knowledge that the other is actually going to become a W-era Republicans the nanosecond the Cheetoh Mussolini is gone and that, once Biden is in office, they'll all be ~*~*~ very concerned ~*~*~ about the debt and deficit. And to keep from being shot at they have to chant "I HATE DONALD TRUMP!" when it isn't even relevant conversationally.

Point all the guns you want at me, though, there are no rounds in there. Jimmy and Brad and many other unbalanced Republicans shot their load of accusing me of being a crypto-Russian Republican and even they don't take it seriously, they just have something to say to distract from the reality of their own culpability.

I'm sorry that the political histories of so many here make them susceptible to arguments that they aren't worth taking seriously when they are play-acting being a liberal scold, but that's not really my fault and I'm not interested in pretending a bunch of lifelong Republican/libertarian Iraq War lovers are credible when accusing me of loving a Republican using op-eds from Jennifer Rubin and Jonathan Chait as "facts".

The purity tests that do hit me don't even exist here, because the most radical leftists on this board supports electoralism, donates money/time to Democrats, votes for Democrats all the time, says people should vote for Biden if asked who to vote for, voted for Hillary, and believes in an extremely regulated capitalist economy with a wealth cap and dramatically high top marginal tax rates.

This is just a center-right echo chamber.

6 hours ago, DixonHur said:

EYNEpTaXgAAW-z4?format=jpg&name=small

I’m surprised nobody has said anything about these creepy photos in the past. It’s like Trump uses Pizzagate to deflect from his own behavior. Fucking bizarre. It’s like getting pulled over after having a few drinks. The cop asks you how’s your night been and you respond, “Just one beer officer.” Guilty much?

I believe Trump's accusers.
The "bibliography" thing is a nice trolling touch, my Republican friend. I'm consistent, both in my support of accusers and my voting history. I believe Franken's accusers, I believe Trump's, and Biden's and Kavanaugh's.
I don't think any of those men should be found guilty in a court of law based on the given evidence. I think everyone should operate from the presumption that both the accuser and the accused are equally credible and only then go into an analysis of evidence and then an analysis of what should be done (if anything). Most of the time, unfortunately, the "what should be done" answer is "nothing", just like is the case with Biden and Reade.
I don't even want Biden to step down because of moralistic reasons. I want him out because I think he is dogshit politically and I think the Reade accusation is a weight around his neck against Trump (true or not), not because I think it is beneath the noble station of the office of President to have a rapist in there.
Could you show us where you've demonstrated a similar amount of outrage and concern for the women Trump is accused of assaulting?
Links please

• immamac changed the title to Things seem to be going quite well for Joe Biden