Things seem to be going quite well for Joe Biden

Parliament

I’m here for the hypocrisy argument. See the example posted above. 

Can you find one example of me saying I believe Kavanaugh is a rapist, or anything along those lines?

I'll save you the trouble. You won't. I avoided that whole debate because I felt I should reserve judgement until we got enough facts.

You're projecting. Just because you're a fucking moron incapable of nuanced thought doesn't mean everyone else in the world is.

11 minutes ago, BradInATX said:

Could you show us where you've demonstrated a similar amount of outrage and concern for the women Trump is accused of assaulting?

What does "a similar amount of outrage" actually mean or indicate?

The sheer number.

It's going to be a lot lower because no one here spent a ton of energy dismissing them as ugly, crazy whores. We all believed them. The nature of this discussion, with me essentially on an island saying this woman should be taken seriously and a peanut gallery either slandering her directly or standing beside those who do, means we've spilled a lot of ink saying the same shit over and over.

You're a Republican, Brad. You should be more circumspect, especially because you'll be a Republican again very soon once this whole Trump craze passes over.

16 minutes ago, BradInATX said:

This is a pretty good summation of why PoC like Biden despite a subset of rich white liberals thinking they know better than them how they should feel. 421f5d45043bfe1f6b9bd373f13f2a24.jpg

I am LOVING these Republicans and new-liberals out here pretending to be champions of the black community against people to their left.

43 minutes ago, MrBig said:

I’m surprised nobody has said anything about these creepy photos in the past. It’s like Trump uses Pizzagate to deflect from his own behavior. Fucking bizarre. It’s like getting pulled over after having a few drinks. The cop asks you how’s your night been and you respond, “Just one beer officer.” Guilty much?

They haven't?

I don't think this should be an issue at all. The Kavanaugh shit was stupid. You make an accusation 30 years down the line , you better have eyewitnesses, DNA, video, audio or whatever or dont waste anyone's time.

I think it's important for victims to speak up at any time, because it creates the idea that women should only report assault immediately or not at all, which is horrible.

It's important to listen to all of these women and take them seriously. Anything else is unacceptable.

On 5/15/2020 at 11:18 PM, Fudge Nuggets said:

Dems have a pretty good track record of getting re-elected in the last 30 years.  You should shut up and breathe deeply.

At his current pace, Biden will be in a vegetative state by 2024. 

9 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

I think it's important for victims to speak up at any time, because it creates the idea that women should only report assault immediately or not at all, which is horrible.

Actually, the idea that all people should report crimes early is based on the idea that public policy and truth are best served when reports are made early.   

The later one reports, the greater the chance that innocent people (assuming the perpetrator is guilty) might be adversely affected.   Because they could have made different decision had they knows of the allegation.  Not to mention the case may have been resolved prior to them making different decisions.  All things being equal, later reporting is better than no reporting.  But things aren't always equal.   And quick reporting is always better than no reporting or late reporting.

Thus, we should endeavor to find ways to make it easy for people to report assaults and prove their cases away from intimidation -- I think this was what was behind the Obama-era attempts to make things easier on victims in the educational (university) setting. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, bad_teammate said:

It's important to listen to all of these women and take them seriously. Anything else is unacceptable.

Sure, but after 30 years have passed and you bring it up only during an election year get prepared to get the scrutiny you deserve.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

Sure, but after 30 years have passed and you bring it up only during an election year get prepared to get the scrutiny you deserve.

They're asking for it, basically?

9 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

Every accusation is a confession.

Don’t you think we’ve learned that by now trump supporter?

I don't think you've learned much of anything, Jimmy. :)

1 hour ago, bad_teammate said:

I don't think you've learned much of anything, Jimmy. :)

Nobody is asking for it asshole. But people are allowed to use their brains and express skepticism for claims 30 years after the fact and from people who've expressed extreme adulation for murderous Russian dictators who have murdered hundreds of thousands of innocent people.  

21 hours ago, bad_teammate said:

if we're only specifically about reade, she seemed pretty realistic about the backlash she would receive because of the timing, when it was brought up in the megyn kelly interview.  i thought she had an "eyes-open" approach to that.

i don't know what "they're asking for it" means in the way you're saying it, but she was definitely "expecting" it.  she said she thought it was important because biden was "running on a platform of character", so the timing was intentional, because she wants him to step down.

i'm not going to be overtly suspicious of anyone's personal timing for coming forward, but that's not what this is.  she told her story (supposedly) right after it happened to people close to her.  she wasn't holding it in for 30 years.  she supposedly filed the complaint because of the assault (even though the complaint allegedly only included the lighter workplace inappropriateness stuff). 

but yes, telling her story now was absolutely politically motivated.  if biden isn't running for president, we're not having this conversation (that timing lines up perfectly).  

2 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

but yes, telling her story now was absolutely politically motivated.  if biden isn't running for president, we're not having this conversation (that timing lines up perfectly).  

How does choosing that time make it "political"?

If the goal was to sabotage Joe, why not do it right before Super Tuesday? Why wait until weeks after he virtually secured the nomination?

(the question will remain unanswered, as it always is)

2 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

How does choosing that time make it "political"?

If the goal was to sabotage Joe, why not do it right before Super Tuesday? Why wait until weeks after he virtually secured the nomination?

(the question will remain unanswered, as it always is)

huh?  she started shopping her story to news outlets in april, 2019.  right when biden announced.

Though I don’t know that it was a political hit, its timing seems perfectly reasonable if it was one. Wait until the Dems have a candidate, then smear him/her for 6 months. Don’t waste ammo on a candidate that then loses the primary, yielding a more difficult candidate to smear.

Hey @bad_teammate

We've already established that you've never voiced your displeasure or spent as much energy standing behind Trump's alleged sex victims as you have Joe Biden's.

Given that, let's take it a step further. Can you point to any demonstrable evidence that you have shown this level of contempt for sexual abusers or empathy for victims of sexual abuse as you have in this thread with Joe Biden? I mean, since it's such an important issue close to your heart, surely you'd be able to to provide just a few links to posts you've made in the past condemning sexual assaults. Perhaps Kavanaugh? Maybe Al Franken? Anthony Weiner? We've had dozens of alleged rapes and assaults by high-level politicians, so it's surely just an oversight that I'm not able to recall or find you ever being concerned about them in the past. 

Really I'm just asking for anything showing that you've ever cared about women's safety prior to Joe Biden. That's really all it would take for you to dispel the notion that you're a complete piece of shit trying to politicize sexual assault and women's health and safety because you're mad that your team lost. And I wouldn't ever want anyone to think that about you.

Edited by BradInATX
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, BradInATX said:

We've already established that you've never voiced your displeasure or spent as much energy standing behind Trump's alleged sex victims as you have Joe Biden's.

Have we?

I haven't spent much energy here defending Trump's accusers because it's unnecessary; pretty much everyone here believes them (as they should). Elsewhere? That's a different story. But I don't need to virtue signal to you, Republican, because well, you're a Republican.

Also, even the people here who hate me do not actually believe that I doubt Trump's accusers. It's a troll effort from a sad Republican.

Now, the libs here will join in the pack with you for now because you share a common enemy (me), but none of you believes what you're saying.

Can you point to any demonstrable evidence that you have shown this level of contempt for sexual abusers or empathy for victims of sexual abuse as you have in this thread with Joe Biden?

Can I? Probably.

Will I go search through the forum archives to find evidence of something no one believes for a trolling Republican? lol no

I have tremendous contempt for the Republicans who attacked Kavanaugh. Holiday season 2018 was full of bitterness and fury in the b_t extended family universe. I have tremendous contempt for Republicans in general. You, for instance.

Unconscionable pieces of shit, you people are. :)

. Perhaps Kavanaugh? Maybe Al Franken? Anthony Weiner? We've had dozens of alleged rapes and assaults by high-level politicians, so it's surely just an oversight that I'm not able to recall or find you ever being concerned about them in the past. 

I don't know what you can recall and it's not pertinent.

No one here believes that I attacked or even disbelieved any accusers of any of these people. Not even you.

This is a weak troll attempt.

That's really all it would take for you to dispel the notion that you're a complete piece of shit trying to politicize sexual assault and women's health and safety because you're mad that your team lost.

Hey guys if I go back and find stuff in the Kavanaugh thread where I express belief in Blasey Ford do y'all think this Republican troll will finally come to my birthday party!?!?!?

3 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

Have we?

I haven't spent much energy here defending Trump's accusers because it's unnecessary; pretty much everyone here believes them (as they should). Elsewhere? That's a different story. But I don't need to virtue signal to you, Republican, because well, you're a Republican.

Also, even the people here who hate me do not actually believe that I doubt Trump's accusers. It's a troll effort from a sad Republican.

Now, the libs here will join in the pack with you for now because you share a common enemy (me), but none of you believes what you're saying.

Can I? Probably.

Will I go search through the forum archives to find evidence of something no one believes for a trolling Republican? lol no

I have tremendous contempt for the Republicans who attacked Kavanaugh. Holiday season 2018 was full of bitterness and fury in the b_t extended family universe. I have tremendous contempt for Republicans in general. You, for instance.

Unconscionable pieces of shit, you people are. :)

I don't know what you can recall and it's not pertinent.

No one here believes that I attacked or even disbelieved any accusers of any of these people. Not even you.

This is a weak troll attempt.

Hey guys if I go back and find stuff in the Kavanaugh thread where I express belief in Blasey Ford do y'all think this Republican troll will finally come to my birthday party!?!?!?

You could have just said "no" and saved yourself a lot of effort

On 5/15/2020 at 12:55 PM, DixonHur said:

You know who he'd be debating, right?

Yeah true, but Trump landed blows on Hillary, even if they were TV sound bite blows.  Joe will be a turkey shoot.  Joe's not sure his name is even Joe at this point.

• Like 2

Yeah true, but Trump landed blows on Hillary, even if they were TV sound bite blows.  Joe will be a turkey shoot.  Joe's not sure his name is even Joe at this point.

I genuinely hope the Trump administration thinks the public reaction to insulting Biden will be the same as insulting Hillary.
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

You guys are morons for perpetuating this bullshit. It sets the bar so ridiculously low that even a shitty debate performance will be a win for Biden. “My god, did you hear how he said words?” It will genuinely shock the Fox News crowd

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chuckie Finster said:

I genuinely hope the Trump administration thinks the public reaction to insulting Biden will be the same as insulting Hillary.

He won't have to Joe will do it all by himself. Seriously every time I see him speak now I get embarrassed for him.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Chuckie Finster said:

Yep, I’m sure THIS one will be the debate that causes Biden to lose support.

That's a graveyard you're whistling past.  

EDIT:  It's not about losing his democrat support, It's about getting those fence sitting, undecided voters, the ones that put Trump over the top in the mid west states.

Edited by Onboard 2.0
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

Yep, I’m sure THIS one will be the debate that causes Biden to lose support.

How calcified do you think party ID and trump is?  I know there are at least 40% of the voters that would pull the lever for trump if he shot someone on 5th Avenue but is it 40% or 45%?  Similarly, I know Joe could literally drool on himself in a debate and get at least 40%. Is the number 10% in play?  5%?  Anyone willing to switch over or is it just turn out?  

Thats what I’m curious about bc I generally agree with the point that nobody will give a shit about the debate. 

3 hours ago, Wulaw Horn said:

How calcified do you think party ID and trump is?  I know there are at least 40% of the voters that would pull the lever for trump if he shot someone on 5th Avenue but is it 40% or 45%?  Similarly, I know Joe could literally drool on himself in a debate and get at least 40%. Is the number 10% in play?  5%?  Anyone willing to switch over or is it just turn out?  

Thats what I’m curious about bc I generally agree with the point that nobody will give a shit about the debate. 

there are no undecided voters.  just voters and non-voters.  the higher the turnout, the worse it is for trump (and down-ballot republicans).

and more decided voters want biden than want trump.  people can pretend that "independents" can be won over, but they know who they're voting for.  

• Like 4

The more I look at this election,  the more I see the election of 1840:  the opposition ran an old candidate who most people remembered fondly against an absolutely loathed incumbent president whose party had bungled basic governance.

Edited by Bateshorn
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, Bateshorn said:

The more I look at this election,  the more I see the election of 1840:  the opposition ran an old candidate who most people remembered fondly against an absolutely loathed incumbent president whose party had bungled basic governance.

Sleepy Joe and Kamala, Too!?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, henrygandorf said:

there are no undecided voters.  just voters and non-voters.  the higher the turnout, the worse it is for trump (and down-ballot republicans).

and more decided voters want biden than want trump.  people can pretend that "independents" can be won over, but they know who they're voting for.  

So, I think it’s pretty clear that Trump won the election in 2016 because people in the Midwest and other swing states that disliked both candidates disliked Hillary more. Nobody, I don’t think, has a visceral dislike of Biden on a personal level so Trump is doing very poorly with voters who are enthused about neither.

I think you are basically right. The only thing that could have made me vote for trump, as opposed to a non vote or third party, would have been the Dems nominating Bernie. Since they didn’t I won’t vote for Trump. Although I don’t look forward to a Biden presidency on some level of it brings a return to normalcy and decorum I will welcome that as a positive change for America. 

I asked my wife who is dead set against trump but hates the idea of voting for senile Joe if there is anything he could do to get her to vote for trump she said he’ll no, but if it’s bad enough she might not vote. This plays with your voters and non voters. 

I think there might be a few votes that could be flipped either way but less than 5%. It’s all turnout. I can’t see how Trump wins. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

So, I think it’s pretty clear that Trump won the election in 2016 because people in the Midwest and other swing states that disliked both candidates disliked Hillary more. Nobody, I don’t think, has a visceral dislike of Biden on a personal level so Trump is doing very poorly with voters who are enthused about neither.

I think you are basically right. The only thing that could have made me vote for trump, as opposed to a non vote or third party, would have been the Dems nominating Bernie. Since they didn’t I won’t vote for Trump. Although I don’t look forward to a Biden presidency on some level of it brings a return to normalcy and decorum I will welcome that as a positive change for America. 

I asked my wife who is dead set against trump but hates the idea of voting for senile Joe if there is anything he could do to get her to vote for trump she said he’ll no, but if it’s bad enough she might not vote. This plays with your voters and non voters. 

I think there might be a few votes that could be flipped either way but less than 5%. It’s all turnout. I can’t see how Trump wins. 

Well shit, there's goes the b_t signal.

Edited by Chuckie Finster
  • Like 3

• immamac changed the title to Things seem to be going quite well for Joe Biden