Things seem to be going quite well for Joe Biden

Parliament

Sheesh. Joe dumbass. He really does need to pick an African American VP to overcome his dumbassery and prove to that community that even though he is a racist idiot, he will work on their behalf too. He's boxed himself in to the black lady pick, imo. And I love Warren and was secretly hoping he'd choose her but he is too stupid to do that successfully without alienating or turning off the black community enough to where they don't show up. Fuck, I hope I'm wrong but I'd feel better if he picked among the AA ladies. 

Oh, and as racist as Joe unintentionally sounded, Johnny dicksack on this very site is 1000% worse sounding and need to STFU on this matter.

3 hours ago, Orale said:

Hey BT, do we still have to believe all women even when one is shown to be a pathological liar? 

You might have phrased this poorly because you were rushing to reignite a dead argument with an Internet poster you don't like* (a strange trait for a grown man to have), but to answer this question seriously: Yes, absolutely.

Even if Reade is a pathological liar, which hasn't been established and the story posted proves nothing, we should take all of them seriously in their accusations and analyze evidence dispassionately.

In this case, we have a woman who might have lied about her educational attainment in court accusing a man who definitely lied about his educational accomplishments in public in pursuit of the presidency, such that he had to drop out. Messy shit, for sure, which is why #BelieveWomen is important because these situations are always messy, even when our victim is a pure and perfect bourgeois angel.

(A funny parallel to the Clinton case here with "BUT IT WAS IN COURT!" was the idiotic standard the Republicans used.)

* - Or you're just stupid and bad at language.

2 hours ago, Message Board User said:

😬

Joe Biden is shoveling shit onto plates and smiling as liberals and progressives force themselves to eat it.

And to cope with the angry those liberals and progressives feel about humiliating themselves endlessly for Joe, they take it out by swinging left.

I've used the allusion before, but in Lucifer's Hammer one of the post-apocalyptic tribes captures people and makes them eat human flesh and then brands them (or something like that, it's been decades). Once anyone sees the brand then that person is known as a flesh-eater, so they can't ever actually leave the cannibal tribe and become fiercely loyal to it. Joe is serving up chunks of human flesh and the liberals are gobbling it up.

4 minutes ago, burntorangebongos said:

He really does need to pick an African American VP to overcome his dumbassery and prove to that community that even though he is a racist idiot, he will work on their behalf too.

57f51bf39bd9786d028b4dfd?width=640&forma

Edited by bad_teammate

Just now, burntorangebongos said:

Sheesh. Joe dumbass. He really does need to pick an African American VP to overcome his dumbassery and prove to that community that even though he is a racist idiot, he will work on their behalf too. He's boxed himself in to the black lady pick, imo. And I love Warren and was secretly hoping he'd choose her but he is too stupid to do that successfully without alienating or turning off the black community enough to where they don't show up. Fuck, I hope I'm wrong but I'd feel better if he picked among the AA ladies. 

Oh, and as racist as Joe unintentionally sounded, Johnny dicksack on this very site is 1000% worse sounding and need to STFU on this matter.

My friend texted me a few hours ago basically saying this situation is good news for Harris.  I laughed because he might be right. 

Biden is a fucking idiot.  He has always been a fucking idiot.  Any half way decent candidate not named Biden, Hillary, or Bernie, would win this election easily.  

How fucking sad is it that we have Biden vs. Trump.  Man, that really shows how stupid we are as a whole.   

You all that are pro Biden know deep down inside that he is a fucking idiot. 

Most of the people that are pro Trump may be too fucking stupid to realize what an idiot he is.  

Neither will be getting my vote.   

Boomers - GET THE FUCK OUT.  Signed - Gen X

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Leeroy Jenkins said:

Biden is a fucking idiot.  He has always been a fucking idiot.  Any half way decent candidate not named Biden, Hillary, or Bernie, would win this election easily.  

How fucking sad is it that we have Biden vs. Trump.  Man, that really shows how stupid we are as a whole.   

Most of the people that are pro Trump may be too fucking stupid to realize what an idiot he is.  

I remember standing in line to vote in 2016 in utter disbelief that my two choices were Donald Trump and Hilary Clinton.  I feel slightly better about Biden than Clinton, but I am again in disbelief that those are the 2 choices.  Honestly, the main reason I feel better about Biden is that he’s weaker, he’s more likely to pick a Vp I like, and there’s a good chance he dies early in his 1st term.  Fucking sad.

• Like 2

Just now, Biff Tannen said:

Your outrage is noted and will be forever recorded in the annals of history.  You did nothing to help.  Good work.

I will vote.  But not for either of them.  Maybe if more did what I plan to do then we wouldn't get stuck with the shit we have now.  So go vote for your shit sandwich and lets just keep on trucking.  

And I am not angry.  I am just tired of the fucking boomers.  Trump is a prime example.  Watch the news all day and instead of yelling at the clouds he yells on twitter.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Snake Diggity said:

I remember standing in line to vote in 2016 in utter disbelief that my two choices were Donald Trump and Hilary Clinton.  I feel slightly better about Biden than Clinton, but I am again in disbelief that those are the 2 choices.  Honestly, the main reason I feel better about Biden is that he’s weaker, he’s more likely to pick a Vp I like, and there’s a good chance he dies early in his 1st term.  Fucking sad.

I felt the same.  

Edited by Leeroy Jenkins
  • Like 1

I think all the Biden attacks are hilarious. The current President is the most corrupt, racist, misogynistic, incompetent coward of a human being to ever hold the Office. And people think voters will give a shit about anything Biden has done in his past or that his brain is on a slow train to mushville? No one cares. It’s already priced in. 

• Like 8

Joe is a white man with tremendous power stating the requirements for blackness. I don't care what black people think about it, that is unacceptable.

Does it matter? No, of course not. Nothing matters. (Including our votes here on this website, which are 100% immaterial and represent a gnat's fart in a hurricane.)

Joe is a liar and probably a rapist (at BEST a tremendous creep) with horrific politics and mental decline and it doesn't matter. Liberals are out here saying they would vote for him even if "he boiled babies and ate them". It doesn't matter. Joe could go out there and say, "If a black doesn't vote for me, he's a worthless n*****." and it wouldn't matter. His black vote share would drop, as mentioned above, from 95% to 94% and the Internet would be flooded with thinkpieces about how this is Good, Actually because it is allowing a "broader conversation".

Is that because what Joe said/did/is is actually OK? No, it's because white patriarchy has created two prison cells for them to choose from. Or, to steal from parlance of Owens/West, two plantations for them to work on.

Owens and West are correct to point that out. Their prescription, which is to move to the more abusive plantation, is idiotic, but their observation about the reality of the situation is valid. An observation of reality that modern liberals either cannot see or refuse to acknowledge.

Pundit-brain in full manic episode.

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

3 hours ago, Johnny Sack said:

In this case this is yet another symptom of cognitive decline.  He said out loud what he–and most every other elected Democrat–has privately thought for his entire career.  He’s like an old sick dog that keeps shitting himself in the house because he can’t make it down the back steps.

spacer.png

200.gif

• Like 2
  • Fuck You 1

12 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

I think all the Biden attacks are hilarious. The current President is the most corrupt, racist, misogynistic, incompetent coward of a human being to ever hold the Office. And people think voters will give a shit about anything Biden has done in his past or that his brain is on a slow train to mushville? No one cares. It’s already priced in. 

He's attacking himself

12 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

What's worse is that the current president is the most corrupt, racist, misogynistic, incompetent coward of a human being to ever hold the office, and is also the weakest little bitch of a "leader" we've ever seen at that level of power, always needing a boogeyman and scapegoat for his incompetence . . .  but because Biden is only moderately to the left there are people who think he's literally the same the current president. That is just completely absurd, but here we are. 

• Like 3

A slight detour here, but remember all the centrists here barking at me at how stupid I am for thinking Joe would veto M4A despite the fact that he said he would?

lol

In terms of voting, I don't care that he's a rapist, and I don't even really care that he's a racist.

"I will not support Medicare for All." - Joe Biden, 2020 Democratic nominee

He is ABSOLUTE dogshit in almost every conceivable way.

Edited by bad_teammate
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, 'stache said:

What's worse is that the current president is the most corrupt, racist, misogynistic, incompetent coward of a human being to ever hold the office, and is also the weakest little bitch of a "leader" we've ever seen at that level of power, always needing a boogeyman and scapegoat for his incompetence . . .  but because Biden is only moderately to the left there are people who think he's literally the same the current president. That is just completely absurd, but here we are. 

It’s basically just BT

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, SizzleChest said:

Does anyone think the outcome of yet another Biden gaffe will make any fucking difference whatsoever?

No.

The liberal desire to conflate "it won't make a difference practically" with "it's wrong morally" is identical to #MAGA reasoning and they'll never ever admit it to themselves or others.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bad_teammate said:

No.

The liberal desire to conflate "it won't make a difference practically" with "it's wrong morally" is identical to #MAGA reasoning and they'll never ever admit it to themselves or others.

"Liberals" understanding this is a street fight is the same as MAGA turds justifying everything Trump does or says as if it's an act of God? Well, OK, hotshot.

• Like 1

capture3.jpg?w=584

21 minutes ago, SizzleChest said:

Does anyone think the outcome of yet another Biden gaffe will make any fucking difference whatsoever?

And this is where Biden benefits from some of the same cognitive processes as Trump.

With Trump, we know he's an evil idiot and misogynist and likely racist who doesn't know the first thing about governing.  We know all that.  So when he does something evil, idiotic, misogynistic, or racist, it doesn't move the needle because it's already "priced in."  That's how he "gets away" with all of the dumb shit he does and his approval rating stays right at 43%.

Same with Biden.  We know Biden is a gaffe machine who is going to say and do things he shouldn't, but he's been this way for 30 years.  I remember reading an article a few years ago and there was a quote from a former debate prepper who expressed with much exasperation that Biden is "uncoachable."  But again, we all know this.  But ultimately, any objective person would look at the two men and conclude that Biden's "sins" are much more forgivable than Trump's.  

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

No.

I’m not the trumpkin!!

You’re the trumpkin!!

No Way What GIF

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Given the stakes of this year’s election, it is understandable that Joe Biden would avoid full-throated advocacy for broad-based tax increases on the campaign trail. But if he wishes to be a 21st century FDR — which is to say, a president who durably increases the public’s expectations of their government and the possibilities for egalitarian reform — then he is going to have to challenge Americans’ aversion to taxation at some point. Endorsing tax hikes on Americans earning $300,000 a year is not an excessively ambitious place to start.

This is the guy's thesis? What effect on the budget would increasing taxes on $300k-$400k earners make? Biden's plan does happen to repeal $2,000,000,000,000.00 in tax cuts for the super rich and corporations.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

It will not. 

It depends. In key districts, this gaffe may suppress turnout. If played well by Trumpkins, it could generate votes for Trump in a demographic that has been promised a lot of hope in the past by Democrats. 

He needs to spin off of it quickly. No one appreciates the feeling of being taken for granted. That is a raw emotion that leads people to stray from the expected. 

1 minute ago, washparkhorn said:

It depends. In key districts, this gaffe may suppress turnout. If played well by Trumpkins, it could generate votes for Trump in a demographic that has been promised a lot of hope in the past by Democrats. 

He needs to spin off of it quickly. No one appreciates the feeling of being taken for granted. That is a raw emotion that leads people to stray from the expected. 

I think the VP has to be Kamala or Demmings now.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Message Board User said:

The news cycle spins so fast that this thing will be old news soon enough.  We have a holiday weekend about to start and we’re about 6 months out. Whose really paying attention anyway?

besides, if anyone listening to the interview changes their vote to trump because of this....... well that’s dumb. Any minority who votes for trump is clearly voting against their own self interest.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Voldemort86 said:

The news cycle spins so fast that this thing will be old news soon enough.  We have a holiday weekend about to start and we’re about 6 months out. Whose really paying attention anyway?

besides, if anyone listening to the interview changes their vote to trump because of this....... well that’s dumb. Any minority who votes for trump is clearly voting against their own self interest.

I remember telling one of my ex-wives that a particular dress did not flatter her fit and trim figure. That didn’t end so well. 

and Twitter is paying attention since people are bored. See Lana Del Rey. 

Edited by washparkhorn

8 minutes ago, longhornmatt said:

Bad_teammate, I left out the part where you were oh so honestly and sincerely aghast at anyone suggesting it’s in minorities best interest to vote against Trump. 

"Vote against Trump" isn't a thing. If "deduct one vote from Donald" was an option this would mean something. (That's actually an interesting idea.)

Here's what was actually said: "Any minority who votes for trump is clearly voting against their own self interest."

That's not suggesting it is in their best interests to vote against Trump, it's a categorical statement that is (A) wrong on its face and (B) racist in its ignorance.

For instance, if I am a very wealthy black man, why is voting for Biden more in

my self-interest? Is Donald's amorphous sense of personal racism going to do something to me? Or is it because black people are all essentially one giant, monolithic blob?

Here's the very very very simple proposition: Give people specific reasons to vote for you and lead with those reasons.

Are you a white person who wants to get black people to vote a certain way? In a 10-step list of how to do that the first 8 steps are "listen" and then 9 is "ask what they need" and 10 is "offer that to them". Nowhere on that list is, "In your white person's mind, determine the true and proper 'self-interest' of all of America's black population specifically and then state that out loud."

As usual, a fairly uncontroversial observation, but since it's from me, it's got to be argued against.

• immamac changed the title to Things seem to be going quite well for Joe Biden