Things seem to be going quite well for Joe Biden

Parliament

14 minutes ago, Brothahorn said:

One? Shit I’m buying a couple of cases and passing them out. While patiently waiting for someone to explain what 50 years of 90% voting support has done for the community.

Yeah, if they just would vote for Republicans, everything would be magically delicious. Just ask the group dying at 3 times the rate of white people during this pandemic. 

Edited by mdmost

10 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

So out of millions of trump voters, there aren’t a few that are smart but vote for him anyway because of one issue or another?  

just like there are black trump voters, there are smart trump voters. Just not very many. 

this isn’t really the thread for trump voters, so I should leave it there unless someone asks me a question directly. I just found Wanda’s tweet strangely worded. 

Yes.  

18 hours ago, washparkhorn said:

You should read Charlemagne tha God twitter feed and focus on his tweets and retweets. 

https://twitter.com/cthagod

No one likes being taken for granted. 

That's your retort?  Telling me to look at one social media account the day of the issue?  What will I see, that the proven bots have plastered the online community with a hashtag?  The hypocrisy of this faux outrage is not lost on the very community you pretend to suddenly care about.  The underlying message in the GOP approach on every topic is "just lie to them, they're too stupid to figure it out."   The message to the AA community from the GOP the past 8 decades has been clear.  Your sad attempt to use this gaffe as a wedge is just another empty reach-out.  The GOP does not care about the AA community.  At all.  They've proven it for the past 8 decades.  Trying to now play morality police is not just laughable, it offensive and enraging.

15 hours ago, EMAWesome said:

The exact same mindset is reflected by 95% of the mainstream media and by practically every white semi-important Democrat politician (and a good chunk of the non-white Democrat politicians as well) in Washington D.C.  This is the result of seeing people as classes and categories and not as individual persons.

Please, tell us again how 95% of "mainstream" media, every white semi-important Democrat politician, and the chunk of non-whites only see classes and categories.  The ignorant hypocrisy is breathtaking.  

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, burntorangebongos said:

How about this explanation? It made the community the most influential part of the party.  Joe wasn't shit until SC and being endorsed by the right black Congressman. Then the whole party had to support Joe, even though he was 4th on 5th on everyone else's list.

To what end?

Because the older black folks trusted him and got behind him, we had to shift. 

To what?

Yeah, if they just would vote for Republicans, everything would be magically delicious. Just ask the group dying at 3 times the rate of white people during this pandemic. 

Typical response. I didn’t say anything about voting Republican.

How about making the party or any party earn your vote instead just blindly giving it way with nothing to show? You and usual suspects are quick to tell blacks how their access to education, healthcare, wages, justice are always under attack. So they absolutely must vote Democratic. And here we 50 years later playing that same broken record.

Apparently I’m not supposed not supposed to have the same standards for my politicians as you have for yours.
  • Like 2

59 minutes ago, Herpa Derpa said:

That's your retort?  Telling me to look at one social media account the day of the issue? 

Since the username checks out, merely trying to illuminate one of the deficits in your understanding and comprehension. It takes a village.

7 minutes ago, Brothahorn said:

Typical response. I didn’t say anything about voting Republican.

How about making the party or any party earn your vote instead just blindly giving it way with nothing to show? You and usual suspects are quick to tell blacks how their access to education, healthcare, wages, justice are always under attack. So they absolutely must vote Democratic. And here we 50 years later playing that same broken record.

Apparently I’m not supposed not supposed to have the same standards for my politicians as you have for yours.

Last I saw, we're a two party system. I guess black people could throw their support behind the Green Party. So if you don't feel one side is earning your vote, you go towards the other side which makes no effort to earn your vote either. 

And always love when you throw out the you and usual suspects are quick to tell black people X. Because I have such a long history of doing that.

Edited by mdmost

20 minutes ago, mdmost said:

Last I saw, we're a two party system. I guess black people could throw their support behind the Green Party. So if you don't feel one side is earning your vote, you go towards the other side which makes no effort to earn your vote either. 

And always love when you throw out the you and usual suspects are quick to tell black people X. Because I have such a long history of doing that.

Right now, one party feels entitled to the black vote and the other party knows they can’t get it, so neither one is trying at all to persuade the AA community.  How is that beneficial to the black community?  Even if you think the GOP is beyond hope, at least make the Democrats earn your vote. 

• Like 1

One party has a ton of AA representatives, lobbyists, and organizers engaged at every level to advance policies that benefit their community.

The other has completely locked up support from white nationalists.

But yeah, it’s clearly a tossup.

• Like 9

For all the people condescending to Charlemagne (which shows you how much use white liberals have for black people who don't toe the line), at least he's asking for something.

"I want something concrete for my community" is far more intelligent and admirable than 99% of what passes for commentary, analysis, and punditry in this media environment.

6 minutes ago, Lurch said:

The white, 77-year-old Democratic (presumptive) nominee just said that if a black person doesn't automatically want to support him that the person in question "ain't" black. He said it out loud, unprompted.

7phm5nm49qm01.jpg

The white, 77-year-old Democratic (presumptive) nominee just said that if a black person doesn't automatically want to support him that the person in question "ain't" black. He said it out loud, unprompted.

Totally the same. Jesus fucking christ you’re a beating.
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

Lecturing others for not respecting Charlamagne while not even bothering to spell his name correctly is *chef’s kiss*.

You know you're in a great spot rhetorically and ideologically when you're spell-checking people. :D

Is it a coincidence Bad Teammate picks up this one faux torch for black folks while supporting the re-election of Trump or is it a coincidence that he wears droopy pants while also being a white boomer?  

No, no. He’ll proudly proclaim to never vote for Trump, while spending every waking hour shitting on the one person that can keep him from getting re-elected. Again, worst fucking teammate ever.
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Lurch said:

No, no. He’ll proudly proclaim to never vote for Trump, while spending every waking hour shitting on the one person that can keep him from getting re-elected.

What does my posting here have to do with Biden winning in November?

Can you explain the connection?

lol no you can't

16 minutes ago, Lurch said:

No, no. He’ll proudly proclaim to never vote for Trump, while spending every waking hour shitting on the one person that can keep him from getting re-elected. Again, worst fucking teammate ever.

i believe bad teammate will not vote for trump.  i believe he will also not vote for biden.  he's basically been telling us both of these facts for months now.

this is not an m. night shyamalan movie.  there is no twist.

• Haha 1

What does my posting here have to do with Biden winning in November?
Can you explain the connection?

lol no you can't

You’re the local representation of assholes making this way harder than it should be. I’m inclined to believe you don’t limit your bullshit to just this site, either. Hell, you were even suggesting our votes don’t even matter just a few pages ago. What kind of asshole still does that? Particularly NOW of all times?

The worst.

8 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

i believe bad teammate will not vote for trump.  i believe he will also not vote for biden.  he's basically been telling us both of these facts for months now.

this is not an m. night shyamalan movie.  there is no twist.

Its called suppressing the vote for trump's opponent.  Hopefully it is obvious to folks and no one considers it a twist.

Edited by GW Hayduke
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Lurch said:

You’re the local representation of assholes making this way harder than it should be.

What is "this"?

Is "this" referring to getting Joe Biden elected?
Is "this" referring to posting online in support of Joe Biden?

I’m inclined to believe you don’t limit your bullshit to just this site, either. Hell, you were even suggesting our votes don’t even matter just a few pages ago.

I posted the percentage weight of your vote in November. If you take that to mean your vote doesn't matter, that's your interpretation.

2 minutes ago, GW Hayduke said:

Its called suppressing the vote for trump's opponent.

My posting here will result in a net vote change of 0 in November.

Just now, tantric superman said:

Yeah, but bad_teammate may be aligned in some weird way with Lionel Prichard and the Wolfington brothers. 

"Post away," is what my brother's wife said to me as she died.

I cannot let her down :(

what part is suppressing the vote?  the fake outrage over the interview comment?

Are you under the impression that he’s not arguing here in hopes of persuading others? He 100% wants to convince others to not vote Biden.

4 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

what part is suppressing the vote?  the fake outrage over the interview comment?

Lines have been drawn. Folks have already decided which side they are on.  The majority of the game is to use various forms of messaging/advertisement/propaganda to either motivate your side to turn out or motivate the other side to stay home. 

4 minutes ago, Lurch said:

Are you under the impression that he’s not arguing here in hopes of persuading others? He 100% wants to convince others to not vote Biden.

i'm not condoning his posting patterns or content.  i think my record on this is well documented.

i'm explaining that it should come to the surprise of no one that he's not going to vote for biden.  when people tell you who they are, you should listen.

3 minutes ago, GW Hayduke said:

The majority of the game is to use various forms of messaging/advertisement/propaganda to either motivate your side to turn out or motivate the other side to stay home. 

Is this why you post here? You think you're influencing the vote?

We're exchanging ideas and commentary on the news of the day. We're dying voices howling into the void. Enjoy it, it's fine. You don't need tell yourself you matter to justify it. :)

1 minute ago, HenryJames said:

7-2 reactionary Supreme Court will usher in the golden age of progressive legislation, imo.

SC is already lost to reactionary conservatism and Joe will not pack the court or reform it to change that.

Sucks.

(If someone wants to vote, they should vote for Biden because that's the best, very longshot, chance to positively impact the SC, but the game is lost there.)

6 minutes ago, Lurch said:

they get to bitch about Trump for 4 more years, which they perversely enjoy more than having to support and defend a Biden administration.  and they get to act like the belle of the ball for the next 4 years, as all of the 2024 Dem candidates have to court them to get their support.  as if they're king/queen-makers.

that has to be it.

3 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

Is this why you post here? You think you're influencing the vote?

We're exchanging ideas and commentary on the news of the day. We're dying voices howling into the void. Enjoy it, it's fine. You don't need tell yourself you matter to justify it. :)

SC is already lost to reactionary conservatism and Joe will not pack the court or reform it to change that.

Sucks.

(If someone wants to vote, they should vote for Biden because that's the best, very longshot, chance to positively impact the SC, but the game is lost there.)

troll GIF

Or and I know this is hard for a Democrat to understand. But you could start developing and electing candidates that will actually address the issues you claim to care about. Instead the same candidates will hold onto their seats for years while nothing changes. All with approval of the party head, cause they need those votes every two to four years.

One party has a ton of AA representatives, lobbyists, and organizers engaged at every level to advance policies that benefit their community.

So where are the results for all the tons of AA reps, lobbyists, and organizers in these communities? Where is the educational improvement, where is the justice reform, where is the housing, most important where are jobs? A bunch of hired hands keeping the sheep in line with empty promises and fear is nothing to be proud of. Unless that’s the master plan, all along.

Democrats have no moral high ground. They’re just nicer racists.
  • Like 3

12 minutes ago, Brothahorn said:

Or and I know this is hard for a Democrat to understand. But you could start developing and electing candidates that will actually address the issues you claim to care about. Instead the same candidates will hold onto their seats for years while nothing changes. All with approval of the party head, cause they need those votes every two to four years.

So where are the results for all the tons of AA reps, lobbyists, and organizers in these communities? Where is the educational improvement, where is the justice reform, where is the housing, most important where are jobs? A bunch of hired hands keeping the sheep in line with empty promises and fear is nothing to be proud of.

This is all fair.

Unless that’s the master plan, all along.

They have some moral high ground. More than Republicans acknowledge, but far less than they think they do.

A huge, huge problem Democrats have is that they lack a material analysis of our system and, because of this, they distinguish themselves from Republicans largely with identity politics and cultural superiority.

The material analysis is there for the Democrats to grab if they want to, but they don't want it. They want to be economic Republicans with black and gay friends.

3 hours ago, mdmost said:

How long has Joe Biden been in politics again? Seems like the last 40 years would have been a good time to make his mark.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lurch said:

Both sides.

So where are the results for all the tons of AA reps, lobbyists, and organizers in these communities? Where is the educational improvement, where is the justice reform, where is the housing, most important where are jobs? A bunch of hired hands keeping the sheep in line with empty promises and fear is nothing to be proud of. Unless that’s the master plan, all along.

Pure, utter bullshit.

One party is moving forward towards liberal policies. I will grant you that it’s WAY too slow. That said, the alternative is clearly moving backwards.

Incremental progress creates opportunities for more progress, particularly as society begins to embrace it as the new norm.

The other side is littered with people trying to make this a White country. Do you really want them making new norms? I sure as fuck don’t.

You aren't completely wrong. Every time one party or the other tries to make educational improvements or better housing for all, the haves with power fuck it all up. They don't want to pay for anything or relinquish any of what they have for the "sheep". Look at how DeVos tried to divert money to private schools recently. 

This is the shit that is fucking the middle class over. This is jeopardizing our republic. And you are right, there are complicit democrats that the 1% own, no doubt. There is corruption and avarice all over our system and getting rid of republicans isn't going to end it, it will just be a good start. 

What I know is I want to stand with hard working people who do everything right for their family and community even though their salaries haven't grown and the cost of housing and everything else has. Of all the people dealing with this lot in life, you know who I really admire most? Black women who always get shit on but still fucking manage no matter how much gets piled on them. That is whose side I want to be on... the survivor's side. Not the soft fuckers who know nothing but easy because they game the system or buy their advantages. I don't know all the reasons that AA ladies stand where they do but luckily, it aligns with my beliefs and I trust their judgment.  I'm not gonna bet against them. even though the playing field is not level and the game is rigged. Some people have too much grit to let that hold them down. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, burntorangebongos said:

I don't know all the reasons that AA ladies stand where they do but luckily, it aligns with my beliefs and I trust their judgment.  I'm not gonna bet against them.

Question: Who did you support and/or vote form in the 2020 primary?

2 minutes ago, burntorangebongos said:

A progressive candidate with tits.

Warren? A good candidate, for sure. Exponentially better than Shitty Joe. Too good for this garbage party.

But where was this noble desire to stand beside black women when you were supporting a candidate with virtually no black support?

It seems like, if simply going with the lead of black voters was a motivator for someone, they would've chosen one of the two candidates with significant black support. Why didn't that happen? Why are there so many people here who supported all-white candidate bases suddenly becoming champions of the black voter?

• immamac changed the title to Things seem to be going quite well for Joe Biden