Things seem to be going quite well for Joe Biden

Parliament

1 hour ago, Pato del Muerto said:

I wondered if the clip was edited, but the fact that people don’t know if that is accurate or not is not great. 

it actually may work better the other way.

they released doctored footage of pelosi.  now they're doing it with biden.  yes, he's old and he stutters and stammers and loses his train of thought.  but at some point, there will be some stumbling footage and people watching will say, "well, that's probably doctored" even if it isn't.  

they've already crossed the line into this, and there's no going back.  when you stick a white glove in mud, the mud doesn't get glovey.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, bad_teammate said:

Excellent statement from Team Biden.

Some of the 2020 candidates released some absolutely pathetic responses (Klobuchar and Warren, specifically). This one is really good.

EZCYfYgXkAA0nU9.png

this is good.  i haven't read klobuchar's statement, but i saw her on cuomo last night.  she was ok, but she really needs to be taking a harder stance on this.  she was sad, but i'd like to see her angry.  and much of the comments were about how justice needs to be served by actually prosecuting the cops, with some side chatter about the uneven message it sends in these cases when the city makes a settlement offer to the family, but the cops never have to stand trial.

the message shouldn't be "hey, don't worry, if your black family member gets murdered, the cops will get fired and you'll get a check."

there's also the matter of onlookers and their video.  if we never saw it, who knows what would be happening.  same with the arbery case - nobody gave a shit until the public saw the video.  i hope the fbi has bodycam footage x4.

and no, i do not want to derail this thread, so hopefully we won't.  i'm sure there's a thread on dt, but i don't really go over there.  too political.

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

it actually may work better the other way.

they released doctored footage of pelosi.  now they're doing it with biden.  yes, he's old and he stutters and stammers and loses his train of thought.  but at some point, there will be some stumbling footage and people watching will say, "well, that's probably doctored" even if it isn't.  

they've already crossed the line into this, and there's no going back.  when you stick a white glove in mud, the mud doesn't get glovey.

Good point, that. 

CtG wasn't being a "wise guy".  He was asking real questions. This prick is so thin-skinned that everything that feels challenging to him is unserious/unacceptable. Reminds me of someone.

Is there a way we can empty out the human suit that is Joe Biden and fill it with some lib staffer who at least knows how to not openly be a piece of shit?

13 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

CtG wasn't being a "wise guy".  He was asking real questions. This prick is so thin-skinned that everything that feels challenging to him is unserious/unacceptable. Reminds me of someone.

Is there a way we can empty out the human suit that is Joe Biden and fill it with some lib staffer who at least knows how to not openly be a piece of shit?

using the term wise-guy should disqualify any human from doing any job duty or role in today's USA. the wise-guy term users should be relocated to retirement communities, wasting time on golf courses, hopping on cruise ships, and eating in cafeterias. everything else is elderly abuse.

Edited by riloh05

10 minutes ago, Pig Bellmont said:

The fake outrage in this thread is exhausting 

on the big stage joe has been a political loser his whole entire life...but now old & senile joe is supposed to be something more than a sideshow circus. gtfo. no one would elect this cat to be an hoa president, yet somehow folks are supposed to rally around joe? this mini-missteps will continue until the big one and then it will be over before it started.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, riloh05 said:

somehow folks are supposed to rally around joe?

Yes.  Somehow.  Somehow they are supposed to realize that Joe could be literally in a Weekend at Bernie's situation and still be better than the useless pustule that is in office now.  

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

Yes.  Somehow.  Somehow they are supposed to realize that Joe could be literally in a Weekend at Bernie's situation and still be better than the useless pustule that is in office now.  

Weekend @ Bernie didnt talk, he just smiled and wobbled. joe talks and his words are not going to get it across the finish line. i simply cant believe there wasnt a better option. good grief.

Edited by riloh05
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, totallynotabuttpirate said:

The main problem with this thread is that things are going very well for Joe Biden. He should win in November as long as he doesn't bust out the "N" word. Even then.......maybe he still wins. 

Yep.  Some people just can't come to grips with it.  It's annoying.

1 minute ago, riloh05 said:

i simply cant believe there wasnt a better option. good grief.

You need to wrap your little brain around the fact that's it's Biden vs the Donald in 2020. That's it, no amount of you guys bleeding up this thread is going to change that fact. 

So you can bitch and moan for 5 more months....or shut the fuck up and accept reality. I think I know which one BT and the others will choose. 

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, totallynotabuttpirate said:

You need to wrap your little brain ....or shut the fuck up and accept reality.

strong to quite strong on the tell me what to do scale. why is silence/ignoring the preferred measure here? seems like an archaic approach.

19 minutes ago, riloh05 said:

strong to quite strong on the tell me what to do scale. why is silence/ignoring the preferred measure here? seems like an archaic approach.

Do you ever wonder what would happen if Jim Webb had won? I do.

Edited by workswithseed
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, riloh05 said:

What's there to discuss? You only have 2 options, one of which is a big orange idiot. So you either support Biden or the fat orange idiot. 

You get to pick one in November, unless you don't vote....which is how we got here in the first place. 

All these people on the sidelines wishing for better candidates are like the Karens asking for ten samples of ice cream and then buying nothing. .....You have 2 fucking choices, neither of them is perfect, however one of them is batshit crazy and evil. Welcome to life motherfucker!!! 

Edited by totallynotabuttpirate
  • Like 5

31 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

Yep.  Some people just can't come to grips with it.  It's annoying.

This doesn't make any sense.

I'm not arguing that Joe is going to lose, I'm arguing that he fucking sucks and we need to put endless pressure on him to suck less. Why would that change just because he's winning?

Just trolls everywhere.

8 minutes ago, totallynotabuttpirate said:

What's there to discuss? You only have 2 options, one of which is a big orange idiot. So you either support Biden or the fat orange idiot. 

Why are you here?

53 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

I'm not arguing that Joe is going to lose, I'm arguing that he fucking sucks and we need to put endless pressure on him to suck less. Why would that change just because he's winning?

Bullshit, you're spending most of the time bitching about his "mental decline" and how stupid he is and his gaffes and shit. That's not policies or anything that can be changed. 

Your "endless pressure" is just "endless bitching" because Bernie or some other cunt (Trump?)  didn't get the nomination. 

Forgot to mention your hundreds of posts about Biden's highly suspect alleged fingerbang rape. Are you keeping pressure on him so he doesn't start raping everybody? 

Edited by totallynotabuttpirate
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, riloh05 said:

using the term wise-guy should disqualify any human from doing any job duty or role in today's USA. the wise-guy term users should be relocated to retirement communities, wasting time on golf courses, hopping on cruise ships, and eating in cafeterias. everything else is elderly abuse.

This post is malarkey 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, riloh05 said:

Get outta here with that malarkey, buster!

dammit pork belly tartare guy beat me to it

Edited by Judge Roybeanbag

20 minutes ago, totallynotabuttpirate said:

Bullshit, you're spending most of the time bitching about his "mental decline" and how stupid he is and his gaffes and shit.

That's not true at all. Like the rest of the trolls here, you're just lying to suit your emotional need to lash out.

The Reade stuff, which I am infamous for talking about, has nothing to do with "mental decline", and neither does this "you ain't black" stuff. 

So glad to have another lying troll in the mix.

Your "endless pressure" is just "endless bitching" because Bernie or some other cunt (Trump?)  didn't get the nomination. 

All any of us are doing here is bitching pointlessly. 

Regarding Bernie: He's dead, let him go.

Forgot to mention your hundreds of posts about Biden's highly suspect alleged fingerbang rape. Are you keeping pressure on him so he doesn't start raping everybody? 

The pressure regarding Reade is to try and convince centrists and liberals to not abandon #MeToo because they find it temporarily inconvenient. It's a losing battle, but hey.

24 minutes ago, totallynotabuttpirate said:

I'm here because I want to give you insufferable twats a little perspective. 

We have plenty of dumb centrists. All full up. :)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

That's not true at all. Like the rest of the trolls here, you're just lying to suit your emotional need to lash out.

The Reade stuff, which I am infamous for talking about, has nothing to do with "mental decline", and neither does this "you ain't black" stuff. 

So glad to have another lying troll in the mix.

All any of us are doing here is bitching pointlessly. 

Regarding Bernie: He's dead, let him go.

The pressure regarding Reade is to try and convince centrists and liberals to not abandon #MeToo because they find it temporarily inconvenient. It's a losing battle, but hey.

We have plenty of dumb centrists. All full up. :)

source.gif

• Like 1

3 hours ago, riloh05 said:

on the big stage joe has been a political loser his whole entire life...but now old & senile joe is supposed to be something more than a sideshow circus. gtfo. no one would elect this cat to be an hoa president, yet somehow folks are supposed to rally around joe? this mini-missteps will continue until the big one and then it will be over before it started.

I agree with everything you said up until the end. He's not Hillary and he didn't honey moon in Commie Russia.  That's literally all it's going to take to take down Trump.

Unless things flip on this virus and the Dems appear to be trying to force economic misery on america pointlessly. But even that's probably not a big enough deal.  This thing is over. 

6 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

I agree with everything you said up until the end. He's not Hillary and he didn't honey moon in Commie Russia.  That's literally all it's going to take to take down Trump.

Unless things flip on this virus and the Dems appear to be trying to force economic misery on america pointlessly. But even that's probably not a big enough deal.  This thing is over. 

Gonna bet a mattress on it 😉

11 minutes ago, workswithseed said:

Gonna bet a mattress on it 😉

If I do this time and someone offers to buy my ticket at 85 cents on the dollar I'm selling for sure.  

I've got $150.00 bet with family and friends.  

Edited by Wulaw Horn

7 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

If I do this time and someone offers to buy my ticket at 85 cents on the dollar I'm selling for sure.  

I've got $150.00 bet with family and friends.  

if you loose this one, I'd take a loan out to bet against you on the next election. Ha

Are any of the Progressive yell leaders going to start participating in topics related to statewide issues in Texas, or does the algorithm not collect that information? There’s a real chance to get a seat at the Redistricting table and there has been 0.0 mentions, political contributions or activity regarding that. 

Are any of the Progressive yell leaders going to start participating in topics related to statewide issues in Texas, or does the algorithm not collect that information? There’s a real chance to get a seat at the Redistricting table and there has been 0.0 mentions, political contributions or activity regarding that. 

Are you unaware of Beto’s Powered By The People organization?

That is their mission - to turn the Texas Statehouse blue.

They’ve been holding nightly virtual phone banks to call and register Democratic voters.

I was part of this last night.

Join us!

• Like 6

47 minutes ago, StassneyHorn said:

Weird how you point out that no one here is talking about it but you've only got the knives out for people to your left.

Interesting, isn't it?

18 minutes ago, Bama Chick said:

Are you unaware of Beto’s Powered By The People organization?

That is their mission - to turn the Texas Statehouse blue.

They’ve been holding nightly virtual phone banks to call and register Democratic voters.

I was part of this last night.

Join us!

Oh I’m aware of PbtP, my post was sarcastically directed at a couple posters on this thread. Those who think the best future is Progressive, but spend their time lighting fires to their keyboard to tear down their chances during a 10 year election for more representation.

I don't know how Biden got to be Vice President and black people support him after he said this about Obama...

“I mean, you got the first mainstream African-American who is articulate and bright and clean and a nice-looking guy. I mean, that’s a storybook, man.”

Can you imagine if Trump, or anyone else said this?

He's basically calling most African-Americans the opposite.

• Like 3

Since I’ve mentioned on this thread previously that I  was planning to abstain from voting this cycle due to the absence of a candidate I believe in coupled with the redness of the state I’m voting in, I thought I’d say this here. 

joe Biden may have just gotten himself another vote. The shit that trump and staff are spewing over Minneapolis is a bridge too far for an American President, and I think I’ll feel better about myself having actively voted against the guy. 

Time will tell how strong my resolve is here, apathy may best me by the fall. Mail in voting would help. 

also, Biden’s remarks on the issue and on trumps remarks have been great. 

Edited by Pato del Muerto
  • Like 2

On 5/28/2020 at 5:28 AM, BNB said:

I don't know how Biden got to be Vice President and black people support him after he said this about Obama...

“I mean, you got the first mainstream African-American who is articulate and bright and clean and a nice-looking guy. I mean, that’s a storybook, man.”

Can you imagine if Trump, or anyone else said this?

He's basically calling most African-Americans the opposite.

Yeah, but the difference is, if you called him on it he'd say that isn't what he meant or he'd pretty quickly realize how this could be misconstrued.  Like all of us who have said something that comes out wrong.

The point is, Obama would have known exactly what he meant, and would have given him shit about how unartful it was.

So netted out:

Trump is a racist piece of shit.

Biden is a doddering but moderately well meaning old white man who talks too much.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Since I’ve mentioned on this thread previously that I  was planning to abstain from voting this cycle due to the absence of a candidate I believe in coupled with the redness of the state I’m voting in, I thought I’d say this here. 

joe Biden may have just gotten himself another vote. The shit that trump and staff are spewing over Minneapolis is a bridge too far for an American President, and I think I’ll feel better about myself having actively voted against the guy. 

Time will tell how strong my resolve is here, apathy may best me by the fall. Mail in voting would help. 

also, Biden’s remarks on the issue and on trumps remarks have been great. 

State House, State Senate, US House, US Senate, possible judicial elections, District Attorney, County Commissioners etc. are all other good reasons

• Like 1

• immamac changed the title to Things seem to be going quite well for Joe Biden