Things seem to be going quite well for Joe Biden

Parliament

omg checked out fox just to see their take...Cornyn 'disappointed ' Joe using this time to 'divide',  a president should try and 'unify' and OMG ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME WHAT PLANET DO THESE PEOPLE LIVE ON!!!!???

jfc i literally screamed at my tv and threw the remote

2 hours ago, mchookem said:

omg checked out fox just to see their take...Cornyn 'disappointed ' Joe using this time to 'divide',  a president should try and 'unify' and OMG ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME WHAT PLANET DO THESE PEOPLE LIVE ON!!!!???

The responses were rehearsed before Biden gave the speech.

2 hours ago, mchookem said:

I just tell myself they don't even believe shit like this but have to say it to support the team. It's less painful than believing all the Republicans are this clueless. 

4 hours ago, trauma babe said:

Disappointed in you, b_t.

Never imagined a Democratic candidate saying he'd veto universal healthcare, but here we are. All he has to do is say he won't veto universal healthcare and I'll vote for him. Not a big ask.

But even if he does, I'll still loathe him, because I loathed him before and I have no clue why that should've changed just because he won. Do we all become Yankees fans when they win a World Series?

4 hours ago, BrazilHorn said:

Why not just have non-lethal weapons used and guns only as a last resort? Tasers, bean bag shot guns etc can work to stop someone much easier than the "shoot 'em in the kneecaps" approach Biden is talking about here.

He's "tough on crime" Joe and he will always be that. He's near 80. People don't change much in general, and they DEFINITELY don't change after 65. He is who he says he is. He is who he has been his entire career. We should believe him.

If you're looking at this situation of police brutality and thinking Joe represents some kind of change, I've got a bridge to sell you.

These politicians know what to do when they have something they want. Joe is no different.

Is this someone who actually has a record of caring about police fascism? Be fucking honest, he's not. As president he will do basically nothing to curtail any of this. It's a fucking joke. I know some of you want to believe for catharsis, but enjoy your own delusions, don't try to recruit others into them.

When he's reading someone else's words we feel inspired. When he says his own words he's the same hard-on-crime pro-cop piece of shit he's always been.

• Like 1

Biden gives inspiring and needed speech in Philadelphia while the current president gassed peaceful protesters for a photo op and b_t’s takeaway is that *Biden* is the piece of shit here who is incapable of addressing systemic police reform. I’m not surprised by this trolling. But it comes across as pathetic 

• Like 4

Am I actually wrong about Joe Biden?

I get that Trump is far, far, FAR worse. I get that. That's why I will never vote for Trump and will probably end up voting for Biden once some lackey convinces him to say he won't veto universal healthcare.

I will eat the shit sandwich. Do I also have to tell you it's good?

37 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

But even if he does, I'll still loathe him, because I loathed him before and I have no clue why that should've changed just because he won. Do we all become Yankees fans when they win a World Series?

loathe away.  but most of us didn't loathe him then, so we don't loathe him now.  he was always a "meh" candidate.  there were many candidates who were more unlikable than biden, though i don't think i loathed any of them.  maybe bloomberg, but he hardly counts.  you seemed to loathe many then, and continue to now, that's just who you are.  in 2019, biden was meh, and i wanted trump to lose.  it's 2020 and i feel the exact same way.  refusing to constantly shitpile on biden doesn't = being a biden cheerleader.  there are very few of those around, i think you'd agree.

31 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

well, you might eat the shit sandwich.  you might not eat at all.  and no, you don't have to tell us it's good.  you also don't have to tell us how much it fucking sucks all day every day, and talk down to those who are ok eating it. 

you do your thing on this board, and you complain about many of us and the treatment you receive.  we can eat the shit sandwich, but do we also have to tell you it's good?

2 hours ago, Hookah Horns said:

I just tell myself they don't even believe shit like this but have to say it to support the team. It's less painful than believing all the Republicans are this clueless. 

I would rather they be clueless.  Then they wouldn't be as evil.  But they are.

Just now, henrygandorf said:

refusing to constantly shitpile on biden doesn't = being a biden cheerleader.

No one is asking anyone to constantly shitpile on Biden. I don't even know what you're talking about there.

well, you might eat the shit sandwich.  you might not eat at all.  and no, you don't have to tell us it's good.  you also don't have to tell us how much it fucking sucks all day every day, and talk down to those who are ok eating it. 

Anyone who is OK with eating shit needs to be talked down to.
Anyone who eats a shit sandwich uncomplaining is a psychopath or a whipped dog.

you do your thing on this board, and you complain about many of us and the treatment you receive.  we can eat the shit sandwich, but do we also have to tell you it's good?

I'm not asking for your vote or participation. I don't give a shit if you read my posts or talk to me. Put me on ignore. Never talk to me again, henry, my life will be unchanged and yours as well.

Please, god, all bootlickers abandon me here to be alone, talking only to myself about the negative things about a man who would be the most powerful human on earth.

Click here to be free of b_t's tyranny.

(Unless you guys immediately make the thread about me, which has a 75% chance of happening.)

[edit]

lol I couldn't even link it here before Biff did exactly that.

Edited by bad_teammate

1 minute ago, bad_teammate said:

No one is asking anyone to constantly shitpile on Biden. I don't even know what you're talking about there.

typically when you go after biden, people defend him in one way or another.  then you tell them there should be a biden booster thread.  these people are refusing to pile on with you, and you're telling them to start a sunshine pumping thread.  this is what i am talking about here.

3 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

Anyone who is OK with eating shit needs to be talked down to.
Anyone who eats a shit sandwich uncomplaining is a psychopath or a whipped dog.

that's the whole point.  they don't consider it a shit sandwich.

3 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

I don't give a shit if you read my posts or talk to me. Put me on ignore. Never talk to me again, henry, my life will be unchanged and yours as well.

i ignore you most of the time.  i don't need surly software to assist me.  if this type of conversation has you this heated up, feel free to put me on ignore.

Just now, henrygandorf said:

typically when you go after biden, people defend him in one way or another.  then you tell them there should be a biden booster thread.  these people are refusing to pile on with you, and you're telling them to start a sunshine pumping thread.  this is what i am talking about here.

That's not me asking them to shitpile him.

What?

that's the whole point.  they don't consider it a shit sandwich.

That's fair.

Let me ask you this, henry: What is a forum of political discussion for?

Just now, bad_teammate said:

That's not me asking them to shitpile him.

i never said you were asking or even encouraging people to shitpile him.

1 minute ago, bad_teammate said:

Let me ask you this, henry: What is a forum of political discussion for?

is it for political discussion?  the last paragraph of my first reply to you was me saying "i personally have no problem with what you're saying or doing, but stop bitching about people who do." 

by constantly shitting on biden, you're doing one of two things (1) trying to hold biden accountable and push him into the leader you want him to be or (2) shaming people here who are happy to vote for him.  i understand you're trying to do (1) but many here think you're mostly doing (2) and people don't like that.

biden is old and stubborn and is unlikely to change as a person.  so he needs to change his approach to policy and leadership.  he's already acknowledged that he's a placeholder or a bridge towards the future of dem leadership.  he's working with bernie, he's working with warren.  he's doing about as much as you could hope or expect someone like him to do.

1 hour ago, bad_teammate said:

Nah.

Most of us Republicans and shitlibs think it's somewhere in the range of "barely edible" to "average".

I'm hard pressed to think of anyone who posts regularly on the CR who would describe Biden as a sandwich as "good".

58 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

is it for political discussion?  the last paragraph of my first reply to you was me saying "i personally have no problem with what you're saying or doing, but stop bitching about people who do." 

Why do you not chastise the people who constantly whine at me for having political opinons? Why is it you only referee me?

tenor.gif

i never said you were asking or even encouraging people to shitpile him.

Who is? Why did you even say that, then?

Edited by bad_teammate

Just now, bad_teammate said:

Never imagined a Democratic candidate saying he'd veto universal healthcare, but here we are. All he has to do is say he won't veto universal healthcare and I'll vote for him. Not a big ask.

Please trust me that you can't be any more passionate about universal healthcare coming to America than I am — but l'll still be voting for Joe Biden without a second thought and you should too. Voting for him doesn't mean you can't loathe him, nor does it mean you are betraying your principles. I'm upset he won the nomination but I'm not going to leave the top of the ballot blank when so much is at stake. So, so much.

I hope you change your mind.

Edited by trauma babe

I respect your view, but I dispute the Internet culture thing being a factor; that's way too convenient an explanation for people who get professionally mad at me online. It's way too clean. Healthcare is my #1 issue. 

There's really no point in spilling ink over it. I've been perfectly clear for months and it's not changing. I'll vote for a rapist. I'll vote for a war-monger. I'll vote for a corporate stooge. I'll vote for a pro-cop bully. I'm not going to vote for an opponent of universal healthcare.

If it's irrational then it is irrational, my vote doesn't matter anyway.

And Bernie doesn't have anything to do with it. That's just a way for people whose vocation is being mad at me to troll. Don't buy into it.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, bad_teammate said:

There's really no point in spilling ink over it. I've been perfectly clear for months and it's not changing. I'll vote for a rapist. I'll vote for a war-monger. I'll vote for a corporate stooge. I'll vote for a pro-cop bully. I'm not going to vote for an opponent of universal healthcare.

If it's irrational then it is irrational, my vote doesn't matter anyway.

LOL.  Irrational is a pretty big understatement.   But you do you.     

On 5/31/2020 at 10:30 PM, bad_teammate said:

Whether or not I have personally eliminated voting for Trump doesn't change the math of the vote itself.

So no, the net effect of voting for Trump and not voting for Trump are not the same. Do the math again. You could argue that a non-vote is something like a half-vote for Trump, but it's literally not the same mathematically. It makes zero sense.

BT votes Trump: Biden 200, Trump 201
BT doesn't vote: Biden 200, Trump 200
BT votes Biden: Biden 201, Trump 200

Eliminating the top option doesn't yield the same result in either direction. A vote for Trump from me means Biden needs 2. A non-vote means he needs 1. A vote for Biden means Biden needs 0.

You're using bad logic and worse rhetoric.

You're such a pedant.

In an instance where you're a literal tiebreaking vote, yes. But when 45% has a hard on for Trump, 40% for Biden, and there are 15% like you, a non-vote is a vote for Trump. I'll let you guess which one is more representative of reality.

Be better.

27 minutes ago, Longhornmaniac8 said:

You're such a pedant.

Words and ideas matter.

Don't know what to tell ya.

27 minutes ago, Longhornmaniac8 said:

In an instance where you're a literal tiebreaking vote, yes. But when 45% has a hard on for Trump, 40% for Biden, and there are 15% like you, a non-vote is a vote for Trump. I'll let you guess which one is more representative of reality.

This does not make sense. The math was worked out above; a non-vote isn't a vote for Trump.

What you guys are trying to say is that a non-vote FEELS like a vote for Trump. Which is fine, but don't conflate how things make you feel with what actually makes sense.

• Like 1

On 6/1/2020 at 10:47 PM, bad_teammate said:

My guy did pretty well, actually.

I can see why the Warren/Pete guys are so bitter, though.

Pretty well, eh?  If Bernie is your guy, he did as well as every other D candidate not named Joe.  He lost.  Or did you mean the guy that did pretty well against Bill Weld?  Freudian slip?  Sometimes you gotta wonder.

3 hours ago, SizzleChest said:

He'll get flamed for it, but because 1) he's not HRC and 2) Trump has numbed us to shit like this, it won't stick, imo.

Yeah, it won't stick because nothing matters anymore. It used to matter a little, but not anymore.

It should stick; no one should accept this from their nominee. This man shouldn't be the Democratic nominee. This is a nightmare.

Yeah, it won't stick because nothing matters anymore. It used to matter a little, but not anymore.
It should stick; no one should accept this from their nominee. This man shouldn't be the Democratic nominee. This is a nightmare.
1. Wasn't that bad, and is probably an undercount to be frank

2. Hyperbole much? We get it, your guy didn't win. Get the fuck over it. The real nightmare would be 4 more years of The Cheetoh.
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

1. Wasn't that bad, and is probably an undercount to be frank

Horseshit.

“The words a president says matter. So when the President stands up and divides people all the time, you're going to get the worst of us to come out. The worst in us all to come out,” Biden said Thursday evening during a virtual town hall.

“Do we really think this is as good as we can be as a nation? I don't think the vast majority of people think that. There are probably anywhere from 10 to 15% of the people out there, they're just not very good people. But that's not who we are. The vast majority of people are decent. We have to appeal to that and we have to unite people, bring them together."

Who are the people he's talking about? What does he mean?

He can say anything and it will never matter. I would like for my side to be better than that.

2. Hyperbole much? We get it, your guy didn't win. Get the fuck over it. The real nightmare would be 4 more years of The Cheetoh.

What does Donald Trump have to do with what we're talking about?

Are you people going to be doing this for Biden's entire term in office? (Stupid question, of course you are. You'll talk about Trump more than MAGA talks about Hillary.)

• Like 2

11 hours ago, SizzleChest said:

He'll get flamed for it, but because 1) he's not HRC and 2) Trump has numbed us to shit like this, it won't stick, imo.

Can we put all those people in a basket?  If we did fill this basket would it be deplorable?

i don’t get why anyone would ever see fit to say the quiet part out loud. Maybe there is an electoral advantage I’m not seeing to it, but when you are on a glide path to winning  just run out the clock I’d say. 

1 minute ago, Patrick Bateman said:

That's probably a rosy assessment of the situation..... but yea, still a dumb comment.

It was an unnecessary comment.  He could have not touched the topic and said something direct about citizen behavior, but still diplomatic overall.

But at this point, Biden looks like a weak chump if he glides over this and doesn't acknowledge this while there are citizens and cops being video recorded treating their fellow citizens like they're not human beings.

2 hours ago, bad_teammate said:

Jesus.

I'll go with 538's take on election day, but if Nate the dork thinks this thing really is a true tossup then I'll have to rethink my current position. I literally haven't mattered in a presidential election since the 1970s.

Every red state that matters is in play this year. Please vote for Biden.

• Like 1

• immamac changed the title to Things seem to be going quite well for Joe Biden