Things seem to be going quite well for Joe Biden

Parliament

3 hours ago, Queen Bitch said:

Every red state that matters is in play this year. Please vote for Biden.

If Texas went blue, that might be enough to change the shitty platform that republicans have. Because without Texas they never win another presidential election.  It might take losing a non-trump presidential election to get there though. 

13 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

If Texas went blue, that might be enough to change the shitty platform that republicans have. Because without Texas they never win another presidential election.  It might take losing a non-trump presidential election to get there though. 

538 surmised that if Texas ends up in play for Biden, he would be looking at 400 EVs because so many other states would be out of play. Regardless they made the point that Biden shouldn’t waste resources in Texas, outside of fundraising.

as for long term prospects for the gop, the political middle always finds an equilibrium. If the current gop finds themselves too small, they will shift to the left. In that same scenario, Dems policies would have shifted more to the Left given their #s, so there would be moderate Dems open to more GOP ideas.

I still don’t see Texas shifting until at least 1 democrat wins a statewide vote. Maybe Texas will shift all at once but we haven’t even gone purple yet.

On 5/31/2020 at 10:06 AM, honolulu horn said:

w0u74fjk7hf31.jpg

This is the cool one? 

Never was. Calling himself Kid Rock pretty much made him lame right away, and his music was as one dimensional, and tired as he looks in that pic.  Last thing anyone needs is a musician or film star telling anyone how they should be voting.

Here's a novel idea, let's put civics classes back in elementary, middle, and high school.

5 minutes ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

He gets my vote... as the candidate most likely to go full dementia on national TV.  Never go full dementia on national TV.....

Right, because the current inhabitant of 1600 Penn Ave is a fucking picture of good mental health.

• Like 7

1 minute ago, Bateshorn said:

Right, because the current inhabitant of 1600 Penn Ave is a fucking picture of good mental health.

This could be a good place for the why not both gif.  Trump's not mental though, he's just such a narcissistic, self important prick he doesn't care about rules or law.  Joe's genuinely losing his shit, and there is no friggin' way to deny that.

1 minute ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

This could be a good place for the why not both gif.  Trump's not mental though, he's just such a narcissistic, self important prick he doesn't care about rules or law.  Joe's genuinely losing his shit, and there is no friggin' way to deny that.

You think trump is all there? I don’t need to read past that sentence.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

Excuse Me Reaction GIF by Mashable

What a coincidence... That's the face is I make when I hear some of the things Joe's said the last couple months. That is when he's allowed out of the ward.......errrrrrr..... back out on the campaign trail.

Edited by Onboard 2.0

16 minutes ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

What a coincidence... That's the face is I make when I hear some of the things Joe's said the last couple months. That is when he's allowed out of the ward.......errrrrrr..... back out on the campaign trail.

What face do you make when someone proposes to the American people that taking bleach would be a good idea to battle coronavirus?

11 hours ago, BradInATX said:
11 hours ago, henrygandorf said:
things going well for joe biden?

Thread title should never change, at least until he (hopefully) wins the election. Strong reverse jinx game.

That’s why I kind of hope b_t votes for dotard.  He has an uncanny ability to be wrong on ever political race; much like me and #stonks.

12 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

Who are you going to vote for?

Probably gonna sit this one out, depending on who Joe picks as a running mate, my first one since I've been voter eligible.  Joe will probably win Va. whether I vote or not though. Va. is turning bluer and bluer.

2 minutes ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

He still has some catching up to do...

7576604.PNG

You just keep beating that horse. Joe is failing at keeping his metal faculties together. That's just  a very observable fact.  You can say But Trump all day, but Joe's mind is increasingly out to lunch.

9 minutes ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

You just keep beating that horse. Joe is failing at keeping his metal faculties together. That's just  a very observable fact.  You can say But Trump all day, but Joe's mind is increasingly out to lunch.

Lucky for us, he will surround himself with competent people (and not shit his pants). How’s that working out for your guy?

Guest Lobo

"She saved my life."

"She saved your life?  She's a meteorologist!"  

"I had Wind Cancer."

"WIND CANCER!"  /seinfeldvoice 

Joe ain't no Soaring Orator, but somebody pull up a clip of Trump in the Rose Garden about a month ago where he's trying to thank myriad big pharma companies for their help during Covid-19.  And he just stammers and mumbles through their names for about fifteen seconds.  He makes a two-Xanax Hellen Keller  reading a Turkish phone book sounds like Winston Churchill.  

Edited by Lobo

11 minutes ago, BradInATX said:

Don't mind onboard, he's just trying to talk himself and anyone who will listen into believing he's not a scumbag for his inevitable Trump vote.

Oh there's the boy !!. Who's a good boy ?! Who's a good boy ? !  you're a good boy, now siiiiiit,  roll over... now bite your ass....

• Haha 1
  • Fuck You 1

28 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

New tools will have to be invented to measure the levels of assholish joy I would feel at the expense of the right-wing pricks that have surrounded me for my entire life if Texas goes blue for the first time since Carter.

Better keep shitting on the one guy who actually has a chance to accomplish this! 

• Like 2

Just now, JimmyJames said:

A video clip is by definition edited. 

So literally all videos you ever see online are "edited" since they pass through software at some level from the hardware.

Is it common to call a clip an "edited video"?

Is this an "edited video"?

The Republican will take to the murder of language for political ends like a duck to water, this is a given. So Brad hopping in like this is no suprise, but I (foolishly) do expect better of the non-Republicans.

Honest people who aren't trolls know that when something is referred to as an "edited video" they mean the content of the video has been manipulated; parts removed, spliced out of context, video or audio altered.

2 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

The Republican will take to the murder of language for political ends like a duck to water, this is a given. So Brad hopping in like this is no suprise, but I (foolishly) do expect better of the non-Republicans.

Honest people who aren't trolls know that when something is referred to as an "edited video" they mean the content of the video has been manipulated; parts removed, spliced out of context, video or audio altered.

Shortening a video for time, while still technically editing, is not "editing" in the sense we're talking about, which is manipulating a video in a way that changes the takeaway.

Shortening a video where you cut off the last few seconds, which drastically changes the perception of the video, is absolutely manipulating/editing in a dishonest fashion. I'm confident that a very strong majority of people would agree with that. C'mon, man.

• Like 1

• immamac changed the title to Things seem to be going quite well for Joe Biden