Things seem to be going quite well for Joe Biden

Parliament

4 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

Because it will maintain the lobbying power of private insurers to perpetually sabotage public health.

So how are these private insurers no longer a part of the healthcare equation? I’m curious how a multibillion dollar industry is disappeared

2 minutes ago, SubliminalHorn said:

So how are these private insurers no longer a part of the healthcare equation?

Everyone gets on Medicare, which already has a management structure. There are nooks and crannies within the administration of Medicare for private industry (as @Anastasis will be along shortly to explain), but there is no need to have them selling insurance to individual Americans for healthcare necessities.

You just pass legislation that outlaws the selling of certain healthcare "products" and then those companies adapt or die.

Isn't the market beautiful?

• Hook 'Em 1

Can’t say it enough, I’m so fucking glad this is happening in a redistricting year. The NDRC, Natl Dem Redistricting Commission, is being led up by Eric Holder and has Pres Obama’s attention as well. They learned from their disaster with 2010 and Tea Party wave.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

How can you tell ?  Gonna get real interesting around the Biden camp come Fall when he needs to be trotted out on a full time campaign trail.

Keep this up. Keep lowering expectations. He was actually in PA yesterday stumping and outlined an economic plan to help save our economy. Try not to be too disappointed when he can muster to string  sentences together and shows a depth of understanding beyond anything the President has articulated in 4 years. 

5 hours ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

Gonna get real interesting around the Biden camp come Fall when he needs to be trotted out on a full time campaign trail.

Ok, now that I've finished laughing, here's a serious response. 

It makes me fucking giddy that Republicans are holding on to the thought above as some sort of turning point for Trump. Every Republican asshole has turned a blind eye to Trump's daily indiscretions for 4 years. The gaffes, the offensive remarks, the horribly policy, the cruelty...everything. And now it will finally bite you in the ass. No one will give a single fuck about a Joe Biden gaffe. It's meaningless. 

I understand if that confuses Republicans. Y'all have been counting on Democrats and Independents to actually have principles, genuine beliefs, and a preference for accountability when it comes to judging and sizing up D candidates, and you've taken advantage of that for decades. Now none of that shit matters. You've successfully broken the country and now it's a fair fucking fight. 

After Trump is out of office, there will be a lot of #Resistance Dems that will need to re-learn the ability to be critical of Joe Biden as POTUS. He shouldn't get a free pass. 

But first things first. Get the fuck out, Dotard. 

Edited by Hank Kingsley
  • Like 5

Before the final debate with Sanders, Biden came across fine because those of us who were against him set up the idea that he was about to literally wander off stage muttering about Corn Pop.

If you want to sabotage Biden at the debates, talk up how cogent he is NOW and then act all shocked when he sounds like a doddering old man at the debates.

But MAGA is in desperation mode, much like we Sanders fans were at the time, so that's not emotionally fulfilling.

The non-strategic view is that Biden is dangerously doddering and a piss-poor example of the brain we need in the White House at this historical knife's edge. But it is what it is. The dipshit voters made their dipshit decision.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

Before the final debate with Sanders, Biden came across fine because those of us who were against him set up the idea that he was about to literally wander off stage muttering about Corn Pop.

If you want to sabotage Biden at the debates, talk up how cogent he is NOW and then act all shocked when he sounds like a doddering old man at the debates.

But MAGA is in desperation mode, much like we Sanders fans were at the time, so that's not emotionally fulfilling.

The non-strategic view is that Biden is dangerously doddering and a piss-poor example of the brain we need in the White House at this historical knife's edge. But it is what it is. The dipshit voters made their dipshit decision.

bernie also likes biden as a person, and in that last debate, he basically put it on a tee for joe to make him look as capable as possible.  i know he caught some shit for that from the hardcore bros, but bernie saw the writing on the wall and it was the best possible move for the country.  bernie could've decimated him, but he wants trump gone as much as anyone.

but you're correct.  they've lowered expectations so much that anything short of seizing out on stage will leave a lot of swing/indie/questioning pubs thinking, "hmm, maybe he isn't as demented as the video clips i've been watching on facebook would have me believe."

it's nice to be on the right side of the strategic playbook for once with this shit.  maybe it's because trump only has one play.

also, for the debates, one thing we can count on, is that trump will try to bully biden, talk over him, push him around, and try to elicit a babbling response.  we've seen joe lose it in groups when the conversation has escalated.

what we can't have - "hey buster, you don't know what the hell, you know, it's nonsense, hey man, just, if you believe him, then don't freaking vote for me, because, well, that's my time..."

what we need - joe smiles, shakes his head a little, then, calmly "mr president, the country has grown tired of your lies, we don't believe them, we need a change.  i'm not going to address all the nonsense.  it's been four years.  we're onto you, jack.  next question."

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

also, for the debates, one thing we can count on, is that trump will try to bully biden, talk over him, push him around, and try to elicit a babbling response.  we've seen joe lose it in groups when the conversation has escalated.

what we can't have - "hey buster, you don't know what the hell, you know, it's nonsense, hey man, just, if you believe him, then don't freaking vote for me, because, well, that's my time..."

what we need - joe smiles, shakes his head a little, then, calmly "mr president, the country has grown tired of your lies, we don't believe them, we need a change.  i'm not going to address all the nonsense.  it's been four years.  we're onto you, jack.  next question."

I don’t think Biden should debate him. I don’t think anyone should debate Trump. Trump doesn’t debate at all, so why give him the audience?  I don’t think it’ll matter.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, henrygandorf said:

I think Biden getting mad at the Democratic debates was planned. He knew he was going to be getting bombarded from all sides, and a few times he'd get riled up and it almost gave off the vibe of "damn, he's tired of all of these people ganging up on him" and made him sympathetic. I think it was intentional or at least planned by his handlers.

I think he's going to be just fine against Trump, and the "laugh it off" strategy is clearly going to be his tack. His entire campaign schtick is to be the adult in the room. He's seasoned and intelligent enough to stay in the lane.

Edited by BradInATX
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Texaspython said:

I don’t think Biden should debate him. I don’t think anyone should debate Trump. Trump doesn’t debate at all, so why give him the audience?  I don’t think it’ll matter.

Does anyone really expect trump to discuss policy ideas and plans? Give me a fucking break. Debates will be useless. 

10 hours ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

How can you tell ?  Gonna get real interesting around the Biden camp come Fall when he needs to be trotted out on a full time campaign trail.

Lol. Bless your heart.

11 minutes ago, G650 said:

Lol. Bless your heart.

You better save your bless your hearts, real and backhanded slaps for Joe. The guys cheese is slipping off his cracker.  

I wish there was a better candidate, but the DNC is gonna roll out Joe, and a president....... errr Vice president  to be named later. Trump says stupid shit all the time, but there'd be even more eye rolling if he lost his train of thought the way Joe does almost every time he speaks.  They probably have him in shrink wrap in a 42 degree facility, trying to keep his brain as fresh as possible

9 minutes ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

Trump says stupid shit all the time, but there'd be even more eye rolling if he lost his train of thought the way Joe does almost every time he speaks. 

yes, trump is a model of coherence and clarity.

and that's not eye-rolling.  that's relief.  because we're done with his shit in a few months.

Just now, henrygandorf said:

yes, trump is a model of coherence and clarity.

and that's not eye-rolling.  that's relief.  because we're done with his shit in a few months.

And I said just about that.  Joe is not a well man. You can hate trump all you want, and that fact won't change.

4 minutes ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

And I said just about that.  Joe is not a well man. You can hate trump all you want, and that fact won't change.

i have seen zero proof that trump is in better physical or mental shape than joe biden.  all the republican talking points in the world won't change that.

the fact that trump trots out fake doctor's notes that have obvious hyperbolic language makes people believe it less, not more.

And the vast majority of Americans still prefer him to the fucking lunatic currently in office. The DNC can Weekend at Bernie’s him until November and I will still crawl over broken glass to vote for him.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 5

26 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

it's still humorous to hear trump supporters say things like, "are you kidding me with biden, he is not a well man, he's losing it."

of course blatant lack of self-awareness is a feature, not a bug, when it comes to the gop.

Well it's to their demise to go down that road. There's not a lot of ammunition, the bar for Joe is set crazy low. Couple that with the unhinged, slurred, bizarre rambling from POTUS that the Dems could roll out, and it should end pretty quick. 

6 minutes ago, honolulu horn said:

Well it's to their demise to go down that road. There's not a lot of ammunition, the bar for Joe is set crazy low. Couple that with the unhinged, slurred, bizarre rambling from POTUS that the Dems could roll out, and it should end pretty quick. 

the most influential political operative for joe biden is donald trump.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, henrygandorf said:

it's still humorous to hear trump supporters say things like, "are you kidding me with biden, he is not a well man, he's losing it."

of course blatant lack of self-awareness is a feature, not a bug, when it comes to the gop.

These people haven't spent one millisecond in critical thought or self-reflection since we elected a black dude.

Edited by Post Oak
  • Like 4

On 7/10/2020 at 12:50 PM, Texaspython said:

I'd like to see Trump debates in a format similar to "Pop Up Video" where he is fact checked in real-time. It would be for entertainment purposes only. Anyone with two brain cells to rub together know that if his lips are moving he's lying and his rabid defenders can't read.

On 7/10/2020 at 12:35 PM, henrygandorf said:

what we need - joe smiles, shakes his head a little, then, calmly "mr president, the country has grown tired of your lies, we don't believe them, we need a change.  i'm not going to address all the nonsense malarkey.  it's been four years.  we're onto you, jack.  next question."

• Like 2

On 7/10/2020 at 7:21 AM, Onboard 2.0 said:

I don’t think so man. He can basically sit in the basement from now until November and win in a walk. 
I thought if he came out literally drooling and shitting himself at a debate that might move the needle but I’m fairly certain that still wouldn’t budge the race one iota toward trump. 

• 2 months later...
On 6/14/2020 at 6:05 PM, henrygandorf said:

you’re both wrong. the thread title is a long-standing shaggy/surly tradition of “things not going well for...” threads. 

it typically forecasts the opposite. 

On 6/14/2020 at 8:19 PM, zork said:

Yes, Biden should be a shoe-in to win the Heisman if nothing else.

This is an interesting analysis by 4 interrogation and body language analysis experts:

• Fuck You 1

Call me crazy, late to the party etc....I’ve watched on the Biden YouTube lately and the old guy starts off wheezing, can barely talk, gets better, coughs into both hands, says 200 million instead of 200 thousand, scratches his face multiple times.... genius move to get expectations so low, if he walks to the podium and smiles he has won the debate!  It’s so weird and unpredictable that Trump doesn’t know which Biden will appear.  It’s almost like Biden vs Biden would be more fun.....ask him his position on fracking for example, and then show excerpt from primary debate....etc...

2 hours ago, orangecat92 said:

Call me crazy, late to the party etc....I’ve watched on the Biden YouTube lately and the old guy starts off wheezing, can barely talk, gets better, coughs into both hands, says 200 million instead of 200 thousand, scratches his face multiple times.... genius move to get expectations so low, if he walks to the podium and smiles he has won the debate!  It’s so weird and unpredictable that Trump doesn’t know which Biden will appear.  It’s almost like Biden vs Biden would be more fun.....ask him his position on fracking for example, and then show excerpt from primary debate....etc...

And he's STILL exponentially more coherent, lucid and intelligent that the orange cunt. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

The orange fucktard was talking about using the “herd mentality” to combat the Covid 19 pandemic in a town hall recently.

The guy is so stupid. The term he was looking for is “ herd immunity”. Good luck with herd immunity trump, we would have to suffer a death toll in the millions to achieve it. 

Edited by Voldemort86

2 hours ago, Voldemort86 said:

The orange fucktard was talking about using the “herd mentality” to combat the Covid 19 pandemic in a town hall recently.

The guy is so stupid. The term he was looking for is “ herd immunity”. Good luck with herd immunity trump, we would have to suffer a death toll in the millions to achieve it. 

And that's assuming one getting the Coronavirus provides one with immunity ever after.  The jury is still out on that one.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Voldemort86 said:

It's awesome when the leader of the free world can get neither the concept nor the terminology correct. 

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Buzzrock said:

He hangs in pretty good here for 40 minutes. Rattles off a lot of numbers by memory.

I do not care what kind of advanced research chemicals they are using. Give him EPO and adderall and "Vitamin B" shots and testosterone and HGH and  the cream AND the clear. Keep using them. Pump him up full of whatever you have to. There ain't no anti-doping policy for presidents.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

• immamac changed the title to Things seem to be going quite well for Joe Biden