Things seem to be going quite well for Joe Biden

Parliament

Biden, like many of his generation was definitely more racist. He's certainly changed his position, and thinking like many have, which is commendable, and a sign of how we are changing as a society.  I don't condemn him for what he did back then because you'd have to condemn most of America, and at this point that really doesn't do jack shit for anyone.   But, he is a product of his times.  

Anyone trying to talk away or deny he said it (and many have done both) are just full of it.  It's what he does, say things that reveal his continuing loss of cognitive powers.  His gaffes used to be funny, now they're just getting a bit sad.

11 minutes ago, immortal13 said:

Biden is a pathetic, racist, old white man who is losing his mind. Everything liberals claim to be opposed to. 

And everything dumbasses like you seem to love. Weird how you label something as the exact thing you support then claim to oppose it. Just really weird.

• Like 2
  • Fuck You 2

7 hours ago, washparkhorn said:

And the President of the United States is retweeting this cretin. smh

Hey Hey Hey, This site loves cretins.  Especially making fun of fat asses.  Double standard? 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Red Five said:

"Biden made a very minor gaffe. Therefore, Biden and Trump are the same. Therefore, I'm forced to vote for Trump."

Minor gaffe ?  Fuck that.  That's the answer always rolled out when it's your guy.  

Biden's an old man quickly losing his mental capacity.

• Like 1

You will be shocked to learn how the current president talks then. 

And yes, that is a minor gaffe. A major one would be like talking shit about American POWs or calling nazis good people or bragging about committing sexual assault. Things like that. 

• Like 8

7 minutes ago, Red Five said:

You will be shocked to learn how the current president talks then. 

And yes, that is a minor gaffe. A major one would be like talking shit about American POWs or calling nazis good people or bragging about committing sexual assault. Things like that. 

Not shocked at all, and haven't really defended his talk. When he didn't lose the election over his grab the pussy comment I was shocked beyond belief. 

What I find funny as hell are the gymnastics to defend democrats comments as  "gaffes" and nothing to see here.. ALWAYS...  and in every instance.  Hypocritical is the term I believe.  

Edited by Onboard 2.0
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Chuckie Finster said:

I’m not selecting anything, it was merely an observation. But I’m flattered that you didn’t call me a Republican this time. emoji846.png

Yes, that's exactly what you're doing. And what Biff did as well (his far more laughably explicit). You're saying the quiet part loud.

Both the Democratic and Republican wings of the Corporate Party are deeply white institutions perpetuating white authority generally and white patriarchy specifically. The Democratic wing is less racist and more tolerant of difference than the Republican wing, but only really in cultural and social contexts. In economic terms, the terms that actually matter when it comes to who has power, they are basically identical.

Both wings select their favored minorities. The Democratic wing's criteria are far more inclusive for favored minorities, so they have a much broader range to choose from. They have a lot more black friends and they've even let one date their daughter briefly so long as he followed all their basic rules and didn't try to change the rules at all. They get to have the cool culture as a result, to the Republican wing's endless annoyance.

The Republican wing's criteria are far more rigid, so they have fewer black friends and largely uncool ones at that.

Openly sorting the blacks into "Good" and "Bad" piles is gauche. Y'all need to #DoBetter and just do that silently. This is (one of) the problem(s) with performative identity politics. The big show of deference to Black Voices and Black Bodies. The reverent pledge of unity to Black Causes. The selective use of AAVE ("you ain't black") to show solidarity and acceptance.

Again, a material analysis alone would do a lot of good here. Just start from the basic standpoint that money is power and move from there. Increase the money that historically disadvantaged groups have and they gain power. They don't need our white condescension and acceptance and mimicry, they need money and power.

Living wages, property (as long as property is a thing), retirement, security, safety nets. If we aren't talking about those things, we shouldn't even be fucking talking.

This is Charlemagne's point that the entire punditry class just ignores and ignores. He wants to know what material benefits his community is going to get and the Democratic wing's response is "look at my record, man!" and "TRUMP IS RACIST!"

And the response from the howling idiot jackals who reflexively defend anything Democratic is the same. White power and authority perpetuated and the woke white moron class is happy with it so long as the Proper Blacks do the proper song and dance. And when one of them, like Charlemagne, makes a white power figure look stupid, well he's no longer part of the approved group.

Dumbshit Surly poster reaction, "That's too many words to read and think about, so... uh... YOU LOVE TRUMP!" - Like Kevin Hart in

40-Year-Old Virgin without the charm or humor.

Edited by bad_teammate
  • Like 2

34 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

Dotard trolls are out in force this Sunday morning.

Well, they can't go to church or the shooting range, and there's no one leaving an abortion clinic to harass, so what else are they gonna do?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, burntorangebongos said:

Not one single person here mocked CTG. You made that up out of whole cloth because that is what you do when you are losing a fight. Kind of Trump-like if you ask me.

So I guess it was a compliment when he was referred to as a "C-list celebrity nobody"?

2 hours ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

Not shocked at all, and haven't really defended his talk. When he didn't lose the election over his grab the pussy comment I was shocked beyond belief. 

What I find funny as hell are the gymnastics to defend democrats comments as  "gaffes" and nothing to see here.. ALWAYS...  and in every instance.  Hypocritical is the term I believe.  

Sure, maybe you haven't defended his talk.  You also haven't spent a fraction of the time criticizing it in 4 years as you have spent criticizing Biden's talk in 4 days.  We all see straight through your transparent bullshit.  The whole "I don't support Trump, the Democrats are forcing me to support him due to nominating ______" isn't really believable this time around.

Edited by Tom
  • Like 2

Energy spent making an argument on a forum is about who you're talking to, not what you believe.

I spend more time criticizing Biden than Trump because this forum hates Trump and will defend anything regarding Biden. I hate Trump way more than I dislike Biden, but there's no point in expending energy excoriating Trump here because that's the lingua franca. There's only so much energy or time you can spend saying, "Yes, I agree with everyone else."

Onboard says plenty of stupid shit to tear him apart for, no need to invent things.

• Like 2

Shamelessness is, as I’ve noted before, Trump’s superpower. No other candidate could have the chutzpah to accuse his opponent of so many offenses for which there is far more copious evidence of his own guilt. Yet it worked for Trump once and could work for him again. If there’s one thing he has learned from a lifelong career as a huckster, it is to never underestimate the gullibility of his supporters.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2020/05/24/trumps-i-know-you-are-what-am-i-campaign-rolls/

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Tom said:

Sure, maybe you haven't defended his talk.  You also haven't spent a fraction of the time criticizing it in 4 years as you have spent criticizing Biden's talk in 4 days.  We all see straight through your transparent bullshit.  The whole "I don't support Trump, the Democrats are forcing me to support him due to nominating ______" isn't really believable this time around.

Criticizing his rhetoric ?  Hardly, I think he's just cognitively falling apart before our eyes. I'm laughing at the hypocrisy y'all got thru defending your folks, talking away their comments, "gaffes", mis speaks, etc. when they get caught doing things you spend pages a day on calling out republicans for.  

• Like 1

When Biden suggests injections of bleach and light, when he calls Belgium a city, when he commits one hundredth of the lies of Trump I'll start to wonder about his cognitive abilities. Until then it doesn't make a lick of difference to me. Lo and behold, the polls show that the majority of Americans don't give a damn about it either. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

Energy spent making an argument on a forum is about who you're talking to, not what you believe.

I spend more time criticizing Biden than Trump because this forum hates Trump and will defend anything regarding Biden. I hate Trump way more than I dislike Biden, but there's no point in expending energy excoriating Trump here because that's the lingua franca. There's only so much energy or time you can spend saying, "Yes, I agree with everyone else."

Onboard says plenty of stupid shit to tear him apart for, no need to invent things.

Inventing things?  You honestly think Onboard's motives are the same as yours?

I'm honestly beginning to believe you might actually want Trump to win this election just to prove some point.  You need to get over your primary PTSD if you're defending Onboard.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Sbbruin said:

So a lot more like Trump than we thought I guess.

Exactly. I think if you flipped the media coverage and the party affiliation nobody would even really blink an eye. 

I think Joe has more decency than Trump, but if you told me it’s a veneer and he doesn’t I wouldn’t be surprised. 

35 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

So I guess it was a compliment when he was referred to as a "C-list celebrity nobody"?

Actually yes. No way he is more famous than D lister Kathy Griffin. C-list is a promotion. Show one more example of criticism of Charlemagne than this mild example. 

30 minutes ago, cactusflinthead said:

Hypocrisy, pearl clutching nonsense. I once upon a time thought the GOP was above such nonsense. Honestly, the way they fought it out and ate their own with scandal made me believe maybe they were. I was probably naive and wrong to think that, but it’s possible Trump out a final bullet in the head to this thing and now there’s nothing but. 

This is every bit as obvious and stupid as Russia gate, or me too being walked back for Biden or a host of other shit. 

I think, honestly it’s all our fault and Washington was probably right when warning of factionalism. It makes us do stupid things like making arguments we don’t really believe in in an attempt to convince the absolutely most utterly stupid amongst us of an argument that we don’t really care about or believe in. 

This is a clear example of the entire right pissing on my leg and telling me it’s raining. 

Edited by Wulaw Horn
  • Like 3

Or nominating joe biden or Donald trump, and supporting people you wouldn’t trust to make any other decision in your life for you

Ignore policy bc that’s not what I’m talking about. 

Trump is a reprehensible human being in a way that has nothing to do with policy

Biden is, at best, a clown and an old man with diminishing mental capabilities, and at worst whatever b_t says about him. The fact that these are the two choices from a personal level to represent “what we believe in” is sad and wrong. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tom said:

Inventing things?  You honestly think Onboard's motives are the same as yours?

No, I think Onboard is an idiot conservative. There's no need to overextend. Ask him a question meant to draw out his logic. Rhetoric.

I'm honestly beginning to believe you might actually want Trump to win this election just to prove some point.

Q for libs

1 hour ago, Irieguy said:

Actually yes. No way he is more famous than D lister Kathy Griffin. C-list is a promotion. Show one more example of criticism of Charlemagne than this mild example. 

lol

"Ah well, nevertheless..."

On 5/22/2020 at 4:04 PM, Red Five said:

C'mon Joe, hold it together. No unforced errors.... is what his handlers need to be telling him about 40 times a day.

He will forget whatever they say within 2 minutes.  He’s got dementia.  And it’s very sad his family hasn’t started guardianship proceedings.  

Edited by Johnny Sack
  • Fuck You 2

6 hours ago, zork said:

Hey Hey Hey, This site loves cretins.  Especially making fun of fat asses.  Double standard? 

A lot of people are running around with a "plank" in an eye. I guess it has helped with distancing, so there is that positive I guess. 

He will forget whatever they say within 2 minutes.  He’s got dementia.  And it’s very sad his family hasn’t started guardianship proceedings.  
I'll take a Dementia Joe surrounded by a brilliant administration over a literally evil Trump surrounded by incompetent grifters. It's not even a close choice.
  • Like 2

• immamac changed the title to Things seem to be going quite well for Joe Biden