Things seem to be going quite well for Joe Biden

Parliament

50 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

Your last word is correct. Altered.

Nope. It wasn't altered in any way. The clip is completely unaltered. Words have meanings and uses.

Destroying the meaning of language is what fascists do. Don't do that. :)

48 minutes ago, BradInATX said:

Shortening a video where you cut off the last few seconds, which drastically changes the perception of the video, is absolutely manipulating/editing in a dishonest fashion. I'm confident that a very strong majority of people would agree with that. C'mon, man.

"Edited" video has never been colloquially used to refer to selectively clipped or cut off or out of context pieces of video.

It's not an edited video. It's not an altered video.

If someone says, "That video is edited!" or "That video is altered!" you do not think it was merely clipped. Be fucking honest.

44 minutes ago, longhornmatt said:

And before you claim that your post was edited somehow, that is a direct quote of your own words.

It's clipped out of context, not edited or altered.

You're too stupid to be clever.

Stuttering Dementia Joe at it again, whose side is he on?

Are we pretending there aren’t hours of video showing Trump appearing mentally impaired, having trouble getting words out, making no sense, and generally appearing off physically? It’s easily found. He’s clearly challenged and despite what his fake doc says is not in any sort of great physical shape. I’ve seen no evidence he’s better physically or mentally than Biden
  • Like 1

A known stutterer had 10 seconds of trouble putting a sentence together.  Whats the fucking problem?

And, yes, if you edit a video down to a certain length to illicit a particular response - that's 'edited'.   I mean, that's literally what a fucking editor does.   They give out Oscars and shit for it.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Queen Bitch said:

Here’s a longer clip (different portion) from the same speech. Hit us with your nitpicks BT.

If you don’t want this over DJT, I don’t know what to tell you.

Planned, but still cool. I wish he'd call up Beto and ask for two hours of his time to teach him how to cuss all cool like. Maybe Beto can smoke him up too.

1 hour ago, bad_teammate said:

Calling a video clip "edited" is insanely dishonest. You know that.

You know what an "edited" video is.

Fucking Blue MAGA

You're on tilt at this point, BT.  

I would have used the word "altered" or "faked" if I thought that was the case. But it wasn't. The clip was edited just to be 11 seconds of him mumbling/stuttering for maximum embarrassment.There's nothing dishonest with what I said. 

It also was a video posted from Team Trump, and it's been gleefully shared by leftists. If there's a blue MAGA, you're a part of it. 

6 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

I would have used the word "altered" or "faked" if I thought that was the case. But it wasn't. The clip was edited just to be 11 seconds of him mumbling/stuttering for maximum embarrassment.There's nothing dishonest with what I said. 

Do you refer to basically every single video you've ever seen in your life as "edited" when it is cut from a longer piece? No, of course you don't.

Is the MLK video I posted above "edited"?

No, you wouldn't, at least outside the context of this argument (where you will either say you would call it "edited" or you will simply avoid/dodge the question). You know that when you accuse someone of posting an "edited" clip you're accusing them of posting a clip where the original content was altered to misrepresent.

As for being on tilt, fine, when people lie about my actions to troll me it sometimes works. Congratulations, I guess.

As for it being shared by Team Trump, I don't care. Either the clip is real or it isn't. The provenance of a real clip is immaterial.

Joe Biden is unsuited and unfit for the moment. His mental faculties, which were never great even at their peak, are in decline and have been for a while. At best it's embarrassing and at worst it's dangerous to whatever kind of progress we seek.

Donald Trump agreeing with me on some of that doesn't matter. I will continue to breathe air even if Cheeto Covfefe Mango Hamberder does, as well.

35 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

guys, let's listen to dilan.  he only has 8,000 followers but he makes solid, level-headed points free of bias or personal opinion.  he just wants biden to earn his vote, and he explains how in this short list:

These Bernie supporters are so freaking stupid. Their logic is this: Once their guy loses or drops out, they want the party to lose because if Democrats suffer a wipe out in the election then Bernie can run again in 4 years instead of possibly 8 years if the Democrats win the White House.

it’s dumb as fuck because they’re helping us all get 4 more years of that racist prick Donald Trump.

Edited by Voldemort86
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Voldemort86 said:

These Bernie supporters are so freaking stupid. Their logic is this: Once their guy loses or drops out, they want the party to lose because if Democrats suffer a wipe out in the election then Bernie can run again in 4 years instead of possibly 8 years if the Democrats win the White House.

Are you talking about me? Who is saying this?

Right now Bernie Twitter is furious at Sanders for not saying we should defund the police.

Keep up, troll.

it’s dumb as fuck because they’re helping us all get 4 more years of that racist prick Donald Trump.

How are "they" doing that?

4 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

As for being on tilt, fine, when people lie about my actions to troll me it sometimes works. Congratulations, I guess.

As for it being shared by Team Trump, I don't care. Either the clip is real or it isn't. The provenance of a real clip is immaterial.

My original post said it was a "video edit from Team Trump". The word "edit" wasn't meant to mean anything except what the word actually means. The emphasis was supposed to be that the video was posted by Team Trump, which again, was shared widely by leftists that hate Biden. And they are trying to paint Biden in the worst light possible.

I'm guessing you didn't know the source of the video when you shared the tweet,  and I'm also guessing you have no idea who Dilan Cook is, since he's basically a shitposter/troll/agitator whose only claim to Twitter fame was camping outside of Bernie's house and harassing him. 

But you're on tilt, so you tried to focus on the word "edit" and fucking cried about it. Now who's the fucking troll? 

19 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

I'm guessing you didn't know the source of the video when you shared the tweet,  and I'm also guessing you have no idea who Dilan Cook is, since he's basically a shitposter/troll/agitator whose only claim to Twitter fame was camping outside of Bernie's house and harassing him. 

But you're on tilt, so you tried to focus on the word "edit" and fucking cried about it. Now who's the fucking troll? 

I don't care that it came from Team Trump and I don't care to Dilan is.

I called out the dishonest language because I'm talking directly to the people using that dishonest language. Dilan and Trump don't post here.

1 hour ago, BradInATX said:

Shortening a video for time, while still technically editing, is not "editing" in the sense we're talking about, which is manipulating a video in a way that changes the takeaway.

Shortening a video where you cut off the last few seconds, which drastically changes the perception of the video, is absolutely manipulating/editing in a dishonest fashion. I'm confident that a very strong majority of people would agree with that. C'mon, man.

I agree with your second paragraph. (I don't know enough about actual video manipulation to know which terms are interchangeable, but the comment about 'altered' when speaking of one that has been actually spliced and remixed made sense). Cutting off a portion of one's words is a method that the conspiracy theorists and others have been doing with all sorts of people to alter perceptions of them. It was done to the testifiers at the Impeachment Inquiry, it was done to Drs Fauci and Birx of the COVID-19 Task Force, and it is endemic on Twitter and Facebook in both word and video format.

Not cool. the entire Roundtable was about one hour and twenty two minutes, so I'm fairly sure if I could find one hour and twenty two minutes footage of almost any of us in a meeting where we said or did something that it could be clipped to make us look pretty foolish. But that would be unkind. Politics is mean and harsh but I really don't want a video of me rolling my eyes or adjusting my bra out there for the world to decide I'm rude or addled in a ten second clip.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sii said:

Are we pretending there aren’t hours of video showing Trump appearing mentally impaired, having trouble getting words out, making no sense, and generally appearing off physically? It’s easily found. He’s clearly challenged and despite what his fake doc says is not in any sort of great physical shape. I’ve seen no evidence he’s better physically or mentally than Biden

Sarcasm

23 hours ago, bad_teammate said:

I sincerely hope I don't ever feel content with this shit.

I'm not sure why you guys are so proud of yourselves for it.

I’m proud that I will be voting for Biden in the fall. You know, the guy you won’t be voting for. 

I mean really, you’ve actually admitted as such. Do you deny it? Oh, so pure and great true dem?

2 hours ago, JimmyJames said:

I’m proud that I will be voting for Biden in the fall. You know, the guy you won’t be voting for. 

I mean really, you’ve actually admitted as such. Do you deny it? Oh, so pure and great true dem?

Jimmy breaking fucking news out here by saying something I've said 14,000 times in a month.

You're great at this.

BT is NOT voting for Trump. That has never been the debate with him, though many keep saying he will and he is constantly correcting them.

The debate has been his decision to not vote for Biden, either. Many of us think that’s a mistake. Regardless, he 100% will NOT be voting for Trump.

6 hours ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

I really don't pay much attention to your posts. You've said you're voting for Trump 14,000 times in a month? 

There is not a circumstance in which I would vote for Trump outside of some kind of hostage situation.

I will vote for Joe Biden if he says he won't veto universal healthcare if it passes Congress. He has stated multiple times now that he would veto it. It's a very strange and unexpected position for him to take, and I hope he reverses it soon. So until then, I'm not voting for Joe Biden.

JimmyJames, and many others here, misconstrue that on purpose because they like to create fights on the Internet.

30 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

I will vote for Joe Biden if he says he won't veto universal healthcare if it passes Congress. He has stated multiple times now that he would veto it. It's a very strange and unexpected position for him to take, and I hope he reverses it soon. So until then, I'm not voting for Joe Biden.

Multiple times? Links, please. 

10 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

March 10 said he would veto

A viral tweet said, "Joe Biden just told @Lawrence that as president he would veto Medicare for All if it passed both houses and came to his desk."

Biden’s response on MSNBC was not as definitive as the post made it seem.

Biden replied that he "would veto anything that delays providing the security and the certainty of health care being available now." He said if it passed, he would want to look at the costs and the impact on the budget and taxes for the middle class.

To put it another way, Biden only had critical words when asked about Medicare for All, but he didn’t bluntly state he would veto it.

The statement is partially accurate but takes things out of context. We rate this statement Half True.

https://www.politifact.com/factchecks/2020/mar/10/facebook-posts/when-biden-was-asked-if-he-would-veto-medicare-all/

He was asked point blank if he was reconsidering and he said he wasn't. That's a reiteration.

Joe says he would "would veto anything that delays providing the security and the certainty of health care being available now."

Do you think he just randomly said that and doesn't think it applies to M4A?

1 minute ago, mdmost said:

A beautiful preview of how Joe and the Dems will completely fail to rise to the occassion.

• Fuck You 1

2 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

He was asked point blank if he was reconsidering and he said he wasn't. That's a reiteration.

That video/response has absolutely nothing to do with the veto comments. 

Biden has his own healthcare policy. He is reiterating that he would not adopt M4A as part of his platform.

Stop being disingenuous with your arguments. It's disinformation at this point. 

There's nothing disingenuous about it.

He said he would veto universal healthcare in early March (his plan is not universal healthcare, with a best-possible-result goal of 3% of Americans being completely uninsured and M4A is the only actual universal healthcare initiative currently moving).

He reiterated his opposition to it on the 30th. Am I supposed to believe he changed his mind about the veto threat?

Edited by bad_teammate

There's nothing disingenuous about it.
He said he would veto universal healthcare in early March (his plan is not universal healthcare, with a best-possible-result goal of 3% of Americans being completely uninsured and M4A is the only actual universal healthcare initiative currently moving).
He reiterated his opposition to it on the 30th. Am I supposed to believe he changed his mind about the veto threat?

He might. A strong progressive showing in Nov will certainly bring this to the forefront and more voices will increase the chance he flips. It’s also quite likely that the policies he’s advocating now are designed to win the general election, where someone has likely done the math on a pro vs anti M4A stance as of today from a strategic (electoral college) perspective and that is less of a driver once in office.

If a Democratic Congress and Senate pass some version of MFA, there is no chance in hell that Biden wouldn't sign it.

BT believes Biden has an ideological problem with MFA. He doesn't, he has a pragmatic issue with it. He doesn't think it has the votes to pass and that it would harm Democratic candidates in the election. If the electorate shows greater support for MFA, Biden will evolve on the issue.

• Like 8

I truly have no idea who BT is gonna vote for based on the simple reason that I have no idea who he is.

I just think his stance on the board that he’s the greatest dem in history, that we all are a bunch of impure former Republican hacks, but he will instead be voting for Santa claus instead of Biden and not trump because old joe won’t jump through his stupid hoop, is just a tad disingenuous. 

Ya know what I’m saying? No ragrats. 

Edited by JimmyJames
  • Like 1

Just now, Orale said:

If a Democratic Congress and Senate pass some version of MFA, there is no chance in hell that Biden wouldn't sign it.

BT believes Biden has an ideological problem with MFA. He doesn't, he has a pragmatic issue with it. He doesn't think it has the votes to pass and that it would harm Democratic candidates in the election. If the electorate shows greater support for MFA, Biden will evolve on the issue.

Exactamundo. 

• Like 1

My completely unscientific, perhaps unrealistic  Mrs. Whiggins' hope is that it is going to be a positive bait-and-switch wherein the MFA is lowballed during campaign season and then passed in 2021 vs the negative bait-and-switch that the GOP always uses with tax cuts that never materialize for the citizenry. I see the former as better odds for the majority compared to the latter.

53 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

This is a lie, BT. Own it. 

It's not. He said he would veto it on the 10th and reiterated his position on the 30th.

51 minutes ago, Lurch said:

He might. A strong progressive showing in Nov will certainly bring this to the forefront and more voices will increase the chance he flips. It’s also quite likely that the policies he’s advocating now are designed to win the general election, where someone has likely done the math on a pro vs anti M4A stance as of today from a strategic (electoral college) perspective and that is less of a driver once in office.

Sure, all that's possible.

Lots of things are possible to imagine.

29 minutes ago, Orale said:

You can say this, but he said he would. so... ?

You guys do a lot of wishcasting into Joe Biden.

I'll take him at his word.

I think he's capable of it, sure.

You can both take him at his word today, and believe he will have a different position on M4A when it matters. That’s where I’m at.

Get him in and then push him hard.

2 minutes ago, longhornmatt said:

What part of pushing him hard on MFA now involves posting out of context 10 second clips and trying to claim that’s proof he is senile and shouldn’t be elected President?

A probably-futile effort to make people feel as uncomfortable with the direction of this party as they should be in a vain hope that they'll actually care about policy of any kind at any point.

Joe Biden fucking sucks, not just because he's declining but because he's always fucking sucked.

• immamac changed the title to Things seem to be going quite well for Joe Biden