Things seem to be going quite well for Joe Biden

Parliament

15 hours ago, Bama Chick said:

Wait.

I’m a forty something woman from Alabama and have never lived in Texas or been a fan of UT and even I know what the Torbush meme means.

Goody for you.  How completely fucked up it is I've never heard the term. I'm just all broken up about it, and beginng to question everything in my life now.

Biden would not be my 1st, 2nd, 3rd or 4th choice for president, but if he is the nominee I would vote for him. Try and remember we have a racist, gutless, cowardly white national asshole currently occupying the most powerful office in the world. We may not all like Biden, but if he gets the nomination then we should vote for him in order to get the grifting assclown and his family of thieves out of our nation's capital. 

Edited by UpperWestside
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

Joe should have to actually earn your votes, and even if he doesn't earn it and you give it to him anyway in 2020, you should support a primary opponent in 2024.

He's been in Washington 30+ years, and hasn't earned them yet ?  Not gonna happen, that canoe paddled way long ago.

10 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

Joe should have to actually earn your votes, and even if he doesn't earn it and you give it to him anyway in 2020, you should support a primary opponent in 2024.

He hinted he may be a one termer.  So his VP would matter a lot. 

Joe would never be a one termer by choice.  Dude thinks he’s god’s gift to America.  Sure, he might hint he would be a one term president now for political expediency but once he acquired the White House, he’d run again and probably lose. 

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz

Lol if you believe that.  Those polls didn’t even say what Biden is claiming they said.  Imagine basing your campaign on a few cherry picked polls.  Dude is a joke and a worse candidate than Hillary.  I’ll still vote for him though if I have to because fuck Trump but seriously, we can do better.

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz

2 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Lol if you believe that.  Those polls didn’t even say what Biden is claiming they said.  Imagine basing your campaign on a few cherry picked polls.  Dude is a joke and a worse candidate than Hillary.  I’ll still vote for him though if I have to because fuck Trump but seriously, we can do better.

Hugo, I'm sure you're a good guy IRL and it would be great to sit down to shoot the shit over a beer or 10, but sometimes I wonder if we live in the same reality.  

Biden, gaffes and all, is exponentially a better candidate that Hillary, whose negatives were through the roof and had been front and center in the public eye for 25 years and was undergoing an FBI investigation in 2016.  Just wait til he trots out Obama on the campaign trail - and if he picks a VP like Gillum or Abrams?  Just give him the White House already.

• Like 1

On 11/3/2019 at 7:27 AM, bad_teammate said:

Biden has always been a whore for Wall Street.

It will be refreshing to have a President that's a whore for Wall Street rather than a whore for Evangelical hypocrites and Russian mafia.

Baby steps.

5 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

The idea that there are voters out there who would vote

1) Biden 

2)trump

3) other D or R

seems pretty far fetched. Can anyone produce such a voter?

I can't but I can produce several who are:

1) Biden

2) Leave it blank, 3rd party, or write in something stupid like Willie Nelson

6 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

The idea that there are voters out there who would vote

1) Biden 

2)trump

3) other D or R

seems pretty far fetched. Can anyone produce such a voter?

Idk, we have evidence of people that voted for Barack Obama twice, whose 2016 rankings where:

Trump

Stein/Johnson

Not vote

Hillary

Image result for people are idiots gif

Let's elect the gaffe machine with no policy ideas who will tread water for four years before the next Republican rides in because a year out he polls a point or two higher than the other candidates who **checks notes** are also all projected to beat Trump.

22 minutes ago, Tom said:

Let's elect the gaffe machine with no policy ideas who will tread water for four years before the next Republican rides in because a year out he polls a point or two higher than the other candidates who **checks notes** are also all projected to beat Trump.

Warren is not beating Trump. She is disliked in the Midwest 

2 hours ago, 6th Street said:

Warren is not beating Trump. She is disliked in the Midwest 

Is this based on one Times poll that shows her losing midwestern states to Trump?  Every other poll I've seen shows Trump losing to all of the top Democrats.  Warren is my first choice, but I didn't mention her in this post.  I'd take most Democratic candidates over Biden.  And we're still a year out before the first primary has even taken place.

Likely D voters are already going to vote for whomever is nominated.  A charismatic nominee that stirs up grassroot support from those who normally wouldn't vote is better IMO than trying to find the least offending, most conservative Democrat to try to get former Trump voters to switch sides. 

The cliche "Democrats fall in love while Republicans fall in line" still rings true.  Nobody is falling in love with Joe Biden.  His entire support and strategy seems to be based on "I think Biden can beat Trump."  Nobody talks about what he stands for.   Trump will come out strong and confident in the debates and I could see him eating Joe alive.  It would be nice to have someone who knows where he is and doesn't start talking about record players or vomiting random numbers out of his mouth.  

• Like 2

• immamac changed the title to Things seem to be going quite well for Joe Biden