Things seem to be going quite well for Joe Biden

Parliament

So you're buying the idea that this recent wave against Biden is a conspiracy emanating from Bernieland?

I don’t think any of the wave of attacks that seem to roll out when a new contender emerges are Bernie driven or Bernie conspiracies.

I do think they are just organic reactions from Bernie supporters who feel threatened and are battle ready and feel the need to hold the high ground and prevent anyone from stealing Bernie’s perceived front runner status.

I don’t think it’s a campaign initiative. It’s a supporter thing. It isn’t necessarily bad but it is getting tiresome and we’ll see if it becomes something that other voters start to ignore because it just just becomes “Oh, whatever. Here they go again, no matter how serious or material the substance of the issue is.”

It can become a bit of the boy who cried wolf.

It’s not fair but the other campaigns will most certainly allow the perception that it’s just those crazy Bernie folks pushing nonsense so everyone should just ignore them.

8 hours ago, bad_teammate said:

Bernie needs to come out and say, "You won't do it, Joe, no balls."

Bernie is too old, way too liberal,  and at his age doesn't have balls, he has raisins.  He's a genuinely concerned, and selfless man in my opinion, but he's not the person to take the helm as president at his age or his political philosophy in nation that wasn't built on that philosophy.  

Now that it's the strongest gov't on the planet he wants to change the rules, and the way it works (to change the country) to a vastly different system that doesn't reward people who work hard, but instead takes from those that will work, and achieve to give to those that will not work.

The system is gamed, but he's not proposing to fix the rules, he's proposing to radically change them.  He'd be like Carter.  Ethical, trustworthy, but ineffectual in the end.

I have no doubts Bernies supporters are one of the groups playing up the creepy Biden narrative.  It's called politics.

Would be nice if everybody who has accusations against any of the candidates would come out now with them so that we all don't have to wait until after a candidate is chosen. Would be better if they posted their trespasses as they happened.   I wasn't jazzed by Biden even remotely--he's waffled too much regarding whether he's wanted to run.  F'k the polls, either he wanted to run for president to improve the US or didn't  

Now, we're getting a bunch of people coming forward once he's entered the race.  I'm skeptical because he was VP for 8 years and no one cared.  Had he not entered the race, I guess the way he made people feel wouldn't have mattered as much since no claims were made then either. Everything he does seems to be in public--even in the James Woods feel good short clip.  More than anything, he just needs to keep his hands off people.  That's a pretty good rule of thumb in general. 

• Like 1

The video itself, which is worth watching.

He talks about hugging and shaking hands and putting hands on shoulders.

He leaves out...

- Sniffing hair
- Caressing faces
- Hands damn near chest level in a side-hug

And he also says that the times have changed... they haven't. The only thing that has changed is that some women aren't silent about it anymore. Caressing a strange woman's face and smelling her hair has never been a normal and cool thing to do.

Sorry, Joe.

Also, no way he comes out with this if he isn't going to run, right? He's still going to announce, right?

Pretty please!?

6 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

The video itself, which is worth watching.

He talks about hugging and shaking hands and putting hands on shoulders.

He leaves out...

- Sniffing hair
- Caressing faces
- Hands damn near chest level in a side-hug

And he also says that the times have changed... they haven't. The only thing that has changed is that some women aren't silent about it anymore. Caressing a strange woman's face and smelling her hair has never been a normal and cool thing to do.

Sorry, Joe.

Also, no way he comes out with this if he isn't going to run, right? He's still going to announce, right?

Pretty please!?

He better run. What would all those centrist consultants do with themselves if he made the smart decision and stayed out?!

7 minutes ago, EuroHorn said:

he should just say that he identifies as a dog.  That way he can sniff women’s ass and other parts without doing anything wrong. The progressives would be fine with that.

This message is brought to us by a  grab them by the pussy Republican.    

Edited by Mdhorn
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Cheeseweasel said:

does anyone have a person in their lives who they could put their hand on the other person's chin like this and have it be normal?  cameras or no, if i did that to my wife she would smack my hand away and say, "what the fuck are you doing?"

i get that he's a politician and he's old, but so many of these videos are just girls kinda awkwardly pulling away from him.  really surprised it's taken this long to be a big story.

25 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

does anyone have a person in their lives who they could put their hand on the other person's chin like this and have it be normal?  cameras or no, if i did that to my wife she would smack my hand away and say, "what the fuck are you doing?"

i get that he's a politician and he's old, but so many of these videos are just girls kinda awkwardly pulling away from him.  really surprised it's taken this long to be a big story.

You know what Joe’s big problem is?  He’s not a star. 

I wonder if he hugs Obama’s kids like a creep or smells their hair?

42 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

i get that he's a politician and he's old, but so many of these videos are just girls kinda awkwardly pulling away from him. 

Pssh.  Amateur.  I was the high school champion of getting girls to awkwardly pull away from me.  I didn't even have to reach out or use my hands.  I just had an innate gift.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, henrygandorf said:

I think you underestimate her - you should try it sometime.  She certainly didn't smack my hand away.

2 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

And that wasn’t  my hand.

i almost did both sides of the bit, but felt compelled to put that on a tee for you.

back to biden for a split-second.  i get that he thinks that social norms are-a-changing, but there was a 9 year old girl pulling away from him in one of those clips.  i have to think she was doing that out of instinct, and would've done it a century ago.  just because secretaries and stewardesses were used to getting harassed in the 50's, doesn't mean it's cool to repel women of all ages forever, joe.

After hundreds of hours of diligent researech over many months, I've concluded that this dude has literally never, ever gotten anything right in his entire life.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/SB122049148440397625

Throughout his career, Mr. Biden has consistently opposed modernization of our strategic nuclear forces. He was a fierce opponent of Reagan's Strategic Defense Initiative. Mr. Biden voted against funding SDI, saying, "The president's continued adherence to [SDI] constitutes one of the most reckless and irresponsible acts in the history of modern statecraft." Mr. Biden has remained a consistent critic of missile defense and even opposed the U.S. dropping out of the Antiballistic Missile Treaty after the collapse of the Soviet Union (which was the co-signatory to the ABM Treaty) and the end of the Cold War.

In 2006, after having voted three years earlier to authorize President George W. Bush's war to liberate Iraq, Mr. Biden argued for the partition of Iraq, which would have led to its crack-up. Then in 2007, Mr. Biden opposed President Bush's troop surge in Iraq, calling it a "tragic mistake." It turned out to be quite the opposite. Without the surge, the Iraq war would have been lost, giving jihadists their most important victory ever.

Edited by Thetexashammer

2 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

yes, i already saw when you said this on the buttigieg thread.  it was earlier today.

all the dems are going through the same death spiral via twitter.  got it.

Its not relegated to the dems. It is a broad devolution in political discourse. Twatter is only just an example, but low hanging fruit in the course of this political subforum. 

Edited by Anastasis

Just now, Anastasis said:

Its not relegated to the dems. It is a broad devolution in political discourse. Twatter is only just an example, but low hanging fruit in the evolution of the political subforum. 

you really expect me to ingest more than 280 characters at once?  ain't nobody got time for that.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

you really expect me to ingest more than 280 characters at once?  ain't nobody got time for that.

I know that feels. So we are left with two 70 years olds trading gif takedowns and twatter clapbacks operating to the pinnacle of the American political system.  What a time to be alive. 

Edited by Anastasis

On 4/1/2019 at 7:53 PM, Incredulity said:

How in the world can anyone watch Joe’s touchy/feely greatest hits and respond, “meh”?

I am a kid of the 80’s and that shit was in full blown focus during grade school, especially around coaching/after school activity.  How do you go through the 90’s and 00’s as am adult and have that sort of contact feel appropriate?  

At best, it is extremely weird.

how the fuck are you a kid of the 80s and such a crotchety old asshole?  i thought you were damn near armybrat's age

• immamac changed the title to Things seem to be going quite well for Joe Biden