Things seem to be going quite well for Joe Biden

Parliament

1 minute ago, 6th Street said:

Throwing out random tidbits like nominating a Republican running mate is brilliant politics and red meat for moderate voters. Much better than divisive rhetoric from Biden's competition. 

Hilarious considering anyone on the fence at this point only needs one bullshit excuse to vote Trump over Biden, meaning they’re going to vote Trump anyway. 

6 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Hilarious considering anyone on the fence at this point only needs one bullshit excuse to vote Trump over Biden, meaning they’re going to vote Trump anyway. 

The general election is 11 months away and you still have to get thru primary season. The ability to court moderates and minorities will be the deciding factor in who wins the nomination. 

Just now, bad_teammate said:

Such a huge middle finger to his important base of older black voters. lol he's amazing

Democrats have been giving the shaft to black voters for decades, at least it's a bit smaller object shoved up their collective asses.  Biden is a slap in the face to older black voters when you factor in his opposition to bussing (and it was racism regardless of his excuses).

8 minutes ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

Democrats have been giving the shaft to black voters for decades, at least it's a bit smaller object shoved up their collective asses.  Biden is a slap in the face to older black voters when you factor in his opposition to bussing (and it was racism regardless of his excuses).

I'm sure black people would be just thrilled to hear that you and bad_teammate, two titans of intellect, are deciding for them how they should feel.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BradInATX said:

I'm sure black people would be just thrilled to hear that you and bad_teammate, two titans of intellect, are deciding for them how they should feel.

I'm sorry, when exactly did I tell anyone how to think or feel ?  Saying he's a slap in the face is MY opinion based on his recored against bussing.

1 minute ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

I'm sorry, when exactly did I tell anyone how to think or feel ?  Saying he's a slap in the face is MY opinion based on his recored against bussing.

Fair.

Allow me to amend

I'm sure black people would be just thrilled to hear that you and bad_teammate, two titans of intellect, have formed opinion as to how they should feel, and are happily espousing them all over the internet.

Edited by BradInATX
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, BradInATX said:

Fair.

Allow me to amend

I'm sure black people would be just thrilled to hear that you and bad_teammate, two titans of intellect, have formed opinion as to how they should feel, and are happily espousing them all over the internet.

Again, a swing and a miss. It was my opinion about how his stance on bussing is a slap in the face to black folks in my opinion (my opinion, not a suggestion as to how others could or should view it). That is not me telling them how to feel or think.  How they feel about it is their opinion or feeling.  See how that works ?    It's also my opinion that people can change their positions on issues, and I bet Joe regrets that action (and not just because it could cost him votes).

Had I stated, black people SHOULD be offended by his bussing stance that would be me telling them what to think. 

Edited by Onboard 2.0

57 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Biden isn't running against Trump yet. He's still courting Democrats and independents who can vote in a Dem primary.

I don't know if Chi and Brad are joking, but black people don't vote for Republicans and they don't like Republicans.

Blacks go Dem 90% very consistently. Trump's 8.4% showing was actually pretty good historically.

It's a pretty spicy take to think that black voters would either like or feel neutrally about Joe choosing a Republican as his running mate, especially given that Joe is essentially running as the "I'll do one term and right the ship and hand it off" guy. Joe choosing a Republican as his VP is him saying, "If I die, next in line is someone 90+% of you wouldn't want."

I know you guys are just desperate to dunk on me, and you keep eating shit while trying so it just increases your desire to actually hit one, but this is a particularly bad attempt.

#sad

I’m now convinced that Hugo and BT both live in Hugo’s moms basement. The certainty of everything with which they both speak is too close not to be the same person. 

Then inevitably when they are both wrong they whine and cry and talk about revolution. They’ll say take the loss pussy and vote for my guy but they’ll be the first to sit out if Biden is nominated. If trump wins they’ll blame the Bernie bros for being racist. 

Edited by Jhawk

1 hour ago, bad_teammate said:

I don't know if Chi and Brad are joking, but black people don't vote for Republicans and they don't like Republicans.

Blacks go Dem 90% very consistently. Trump's 8.4% showing was actually pretty good historically.

It's a pretty spicy take to think that black voters would either like or feel neutrally about Joe choosing a Republican as his running mate, especially given that Joe is essentially running as the "I'll do one term and right the ship and hand it off" guy. Joe choosing a Republican as his VP is him saying, "If I die, next in line is someone 90+% of you wouldn't want."

I know you guys are just desperate to dunk on me, and you keep eating shit while trying so it just increases your desire to actually hit one, but this is a particularly bad attempt.

#sad

I live in Chicago and I'm a fuckload closer to being black than you.  I ran track for a poor hs growing up all the way to division one where I survived a couple years on the team...I can let you figure out how many black people I grew up close with, vs you.  It doesn't matter what they vote in the final - we are talking the D primary and you're talking about how they should hate Joe B.  Get it through your thick skull - THEY DO NOT HATE JOE BIDEN NO MATTER HOW BADLY YOU WANT THEM TO.  Is that clear?  Because you moving the goal posts to 'they don't vote Republican' needs the all caps treatment.  He can pick satan and everything shows they'll still side with Joe over the far left nutters like yourself.  Joe with a R VP vs Trump?  They'll vote Joe.  Joe with a R VP vs Bernie and the most hardcore D you can find...they'll still vote Joe.  It's obvious the further this goes with Joe still in the lead, you're beginning to lose the little sanity you had left. 

• Like 1

https://apnews.com/86ac620dd00045dc9a8f21900ee4cfdc

Richmond credits Biden’s popularity with black voters to their ability to discern authenticity and the vice president’s relatability that transcends race.

“If they look at his life, they understand although he’s white, he’s had a life full of some very big ups, but some humongous downs,” Richmond said, adding that Barack Obama’s decision to choose Biden as his running mate sends a strong signal to black voters.

“We don’t want to lose,” Richmond said. “He’s our best chance and he was vice president to Barack Obama. The person he trusted the most was Joe Biden.”

3 hours ago, bad_teammate said:

Such a huge middle finger to his important base of older black voters. lol he's amazing

Pictures bad_teammate...upper class O/G pedigree (oil and gas...not original gangster) sitting on the southside spewing this.  Brings a serious chuckle.  You'd get run out so fucking fast...

But here on the internet you get to be an expert on all things black.  What a world.

The way progressive maximalists chide and condescend to black people for supporting Biden reminds me a lot of how the Clinton faction treated blacks for supporting Obama in 08, and young women for supporting Bernie in 16.

Stop blaming your prospects for your inability to make the sale.if you can’t close the deal that’s on you.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

The way progressive maximalists chide and condescend to black people for supporting Biden reminds me a lot of how the Clinton faction treated blacks for supporting Obama in 08, and young women for supporting Bernie in 16.

Stop blaming your prospects for your inability to make the sale.if you can’t close the deal that’s on you.

Spot on.  

52 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

I live in Chicago and I'm a fuckload closer to being black than you.  I ran track for a poor hs growing up all the way to division one where I survived a couple years on the team...I can let you figure out how many black people I grew up close with, vs you. 

giphy.gif

Your personal story is immaterial. How close you feel you are to black on the spectrum is not relevant to anything. You're making it personal because your arguments aren't good and you're hoping that emotionalism and hysterics will carry things. Call henry for advice on epic rage takedown attempts.

It doesn't matter what they vote in the final - we are talking the D primary and you're talking about how they should hate Joe B.  Get it through your thick skull - THEY DO NOT HATE JOE BIDEN NO MATTER HOW BADLY YOU WANT THEM TO. 

I don't think they hate Joe Biden. I don't know what you're so mad about (being wrong all the time, I guess), but I'm not trying to convince any black people to hate Joe Biden. I'm pointing out the simple reality of how unpopular among blacks a Republican VP would be. They could still stick with Joe after he tells them to eat shit (lots of people love voting for people who tell them to eat shit), but selecting a Republican VP is a "fuck you" to black voters because the Republican party is the party of white supremacy.

He can pick satan and everything shows they'll still side with Joe over the far left nutters like yourself.

I'm not running. And if you're referring to Bernie, he's the clear #2 for black voters behind Joe.

42 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

And if you're referring to Bernie, he's the clear #2 for black voters behind Joe.

i'm sure he's #2, but last i checked, biden had more support than the next 3-4 options behind him combined.  bernie is a lot closer to #3 than he is to biden, so being the clear #2 is like saying ou was the clear #2 vs lsu.

as for biden choosing a republican, does anyone honestly think he's going to?  this seems like classic biden trying to message unity while floating some stupid shit, then turning around and showing his loyalty to his party.  it's almost a move out of trump's playbook - say something dumb, then take a victory lap when he does something obvious. 

i would handicap "african-american female" against the field for vp pick.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, henrygandorf said:

i'm sure he's #2, but last i checked, biden had more support than the next 3-4 options behind him combined.  bernie is a lot closer to #3 than he is to biden, so being the clear #2 is like saying ou was the clear #2 vs lsu.

as for biden choosing a republican, does anyone honestly think he's going to?  this seems like classic biden trying to message unity while floating some stupid shit, then turning around and showing his loyalty to his party.  it's almost a move out of trump's playbook - say something dumb, then take a victory lap when he does something obvious. 

i would handicap "african-american female" against the field for vp pick.

I agree. My betting order of VP is:

-black female

-any other minority female (Tammy Duckworth or Catherine Cortez Masto)

-white female (Sinema/Klobuchar/Whitmer)

-minority male

-white man 

22 hours ago, StruggleBus said:

I'd vote for Joe Biden tomorrow. My life is good, and he's least likely of all of the dem candidates to do anything that would change that. 

Well, that settles it.  I was going to vote for someone with ideas and who wants to actually improve this country, but StruggleBus's life is good so I guess there's no point.  Senile mush brains Biden vs. senile mush brains Trump it is.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tom said:

Well, that settles it.  I was going to vote for someone with ideas and who wants to actually improve this country, but StruggleBus's life is good so I guess there's no point.  Senile mush brains Biden vs. senile mush brains Trump it is.

To be fair, he said that’s who he would vote for.  Where was he saying you or anyone else should vote that way?

23 hours ago, bad_teammate said:

giphy.gif

Your personal story is immaterial. How close you feel you are to black on the spectrum is not relevant to anything. You're making it personal because your arguments aren't good and you're hoping that emotionalism and hysterics will carry things. Call henry for advice on epic rage takedown attempts.

I don't think they hate Joe Biden. I don't know what you're so mad about (being wrong all the time, I guess), but I'm not trying to convince any black people to hate Joe Biden. I'm pointing out the simple reality of how unpopular among blacks a Republican VP would be. They could still stick with Joe after he tells them to eat shit (lots of people love voting for people who tell them to eat shit), but selecting a Republican VP is a "fuck you" to black voters because the Republican party is the party of white supremacy.

I'm not running. And if you're referring to Bernie, he's the clear #2 for black voters behind Joe.

Lol.  Ok.  I’m just saying you’d get your clock cleaned on any argument sitting around in the real world telling black people what they should be offended by.  But somehow you’ve staked out your spot on the far left on the interwebz to spew your BS.  Point is you have zero credibility. 

OF COURSE you say someone’s background doesn’t lend credibility in a political argument.  What else is a white guy telling black people what to be offended by going to say?   Lol

56 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Lol.  Ok.  I’m just saying you’d get your clock cleaned on any argument sitting around in the real world telling black people what they should be offended by.  But somehow you’ve staked out your spot on the far left on the interwebz to spew your BS.  Point is you have zero credibility. 

This isn't based on my personal observations or connections, it's noticing the statistical reality that fewer than 10% of black voters choose Republicans in any given election.

You're making it personal because you think you can use identity politics as a weapon and I don't give a shit about identity politics so it doesn't work on me.

OF COURSE you say someone’s background doesn’t lend credibility in a political argument.

If the political argument were a matter of experience in a certain group, sure, but I don't really give a shit about identity politics. I'm a structuralist/materialist.

Choosing a Republican to be VP is a "fuck you" to black Democratic voters from any candidate. Do you actually disagree or are you just arguing because you don't like me personally?

3 hours ago, bad_teammate said:

Choosing a Republican to be VP is a "fuck you" to black Democratic voters from any candidate. 

it would be a slap in the face from anyone at any age.  but someone in their late 70's?  who's hinted at the idea of being a one-term president?

to do this, he'd have to be the craziest vice-president since aaron burr and burr shot a guy.

Joe Biden isn’t picking a Republican for Vice President. If joe wins the nomination the VP will be a woman and the only women left in the Republican Party are stepford wives nut jobs. Who cares what he said he might consider that ain’t happening. Arguing about it is pointless. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

Who cares what he said he might consider that ain’t happening.

Because it indicates a fundamental weakness that he has that has been exploited by the fascist right and will continue to be exploited by the fascist right if he wins. And that's the kindest interpretation.

The more uncomfortable reality is that he actually agrees with much of the Republican project; that he doesn't actually understand the problem with their efforts so he won't be a reliable warrior against them. Cutting social benefits, compromising on all progressive agendas, etc...

At some point you guys need to stop endlessly apologizing for these shitty candidates.

19 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Yeah I don't know how the Dems are going to handle the campaign.  Maybe just sequester him starting now and let surrogates go on the road.  

Apparently there's more cringe-worthy video out today of him voters that coal miners should learn to program and that American culture is from Europe and "not some African country."

Edited by Message Board User

He's not meaning this in the way that Richard Spencer and Stephen Miller mean it. I think Joe is saying that our mistreatment of women comes from European tradition.

It's impossible to follow this guy sometimes -- a lot of the time.

He's kind of beautiful in how bad he is.

Biden 2020: Murky & Odd

Referring to it as "our culture" is ethnocentric. That's inarguable. We can say that Biden is non-racist in his enthocentrism, of course, and that's probably very true.

The unavoidable reality, though, is that Biden's internal logic is muddy, his ability to clearly articulate is poor, and he's the most likely person to go up against Donald Trump in 2020.

We should all be very fucking concerned.

• immamac changed the title to Things seem to be going quite well for Joe Biden