Things seem to be going quite well for Joe Biden

Parliament

29 minutes ago, Bruh Man said:

Joe needs to announce and get on the road. Nobody will remember any of this a year from now.

I disagree with this completely.  Joe needs to fuck off and not run.  Part of why we lost in 2016 is that we managed to nominate one of the few women on earth who couldn't smash Trump on the issue of sexual misconduct/assault because she had a husband that's been accused of similar conduct by multiple women.  There's quite a bit of cringeworthy video of Biden and we'll do better not to waste our energy and credibility defending that.  I'm not equating his behavior with Trump's but we have plenty of candidates that have always known better than to be creeps toward women and girls.

• Like 2

Joe needs to announce and get on the road. Nobody will remember any of this a year from now.

Hi. Person with a vagina here.

I’m still pissed about his treatment of Anita Hill. And I’m not the only one.

And have you never met a woman?

We tend to hold grudges.
  • Like 3

11 hours ago, Anastasis said:

Its not relegated to the dems. It is a broad devolution in political discourse. Twatter is only just an example, but low hanging fruit in the course of this political subforum. 

Well, you post on surly.  I'm just sayin'.

13 minutes ago, Harvard Man said:

Biden is killing it in his speech. Tough as nails. He'll eat Trump alive. 

He's the nominee. He'll raise big money. And win the Midwest easily. Add Kamala & there's your winner.

Man, watching this, I realize he's pretty old and up there with Trump, but he's light years more coherent and sharp. I wonder how that would play in a debate setting. He doesn't lack charisma like Hillary did, either, so it won't look like the nerd debating the bully.

Speech reminds me of why  I've always thought he's the easy choice if you want Trump out. He would absolutely smash him in the rust belt. It'd be over before it ever even started.

Edited by BradInATX

3 hours ago, Bojack said:

I disagree with this completely.  Joe needs to fuck off and not run.  Part of why we lost in 2016 is that we managed to nominate one of the few women on earth who couldn't smash Trump on the issue of sexual misconduct/assault because she had a husband that's been accused of similar conduct by multiple women.  There's quite a bit of cringeworthy video of Biden and we'll do better not to waste our energy and credibility defending that.  I'm not equating his behavior with Trump's but we have plenty of candidates that have always known better than to be creeps toward women and girls.

I agree that Biden is a bad choice.  Where I become highly concerned is when my crystal ball ($9.95) clearly shows the Dems pushing every candidate off the plank to their political deaths because (a) Beto has a DUI, we can't have that (b) Biden is Uncle Creepy, can't have that, (c) Amy is a bitch, can't have that (d) Kamala is a secret conservative, can't have that, (e) Pete is too young and eww, can't have that,

. . . and meanwhile Trump wins the election.

Can't have that.

3 minutes ago, BradInATX said:

Man, watching this, I realize he's pretty old and up there with Trump, but he's light years more coherent and sharp. I wonder how that would play in a debate setting. He doesn't lack charisma like Hillary did, either, so it won't look like the nerd debating the bully.

Hillary fucking destroyed Trump in all 3 debates and it didn't move the needle one iota.

Just now, jimmyjazz said:

Hillary fucking destroyed Trump in all 3 debates and it didn't move the needle one iota.

She did not. At least not in the way it matters. If you're focused on policies and details, she won. But if you're focused on policies and details, you're almost certainly already a Democrat. She completely lost the optics battle and the charisma battle was absolute destruction. Biden won't lose the charisma battle.

• Like 1

I forgot about that clip.  He’s a fucking idiot with the timing and class of an Invicta Watch, but he fucking nailed that line. 

So much so, that Hillary’s biggest fan—-Anderson Cooper holds it together about as well as Jimmy Fallon during an SNL skit.  

On 4/2/2019 at 10:35 AM, bad_teammate said:

Yep. Once Joe starts talking, it's over.

There's reason he hasn't been trotted out to speak on these scandals; he cannot be trusted. He will get out there with a script written by some campaign staff and, very much like Donald, go off script because (1) he is impetuous and (2) he thinks he's the smartest and coolest guy in every room he's in.

He'd be halfway through some focus-tested apology/perspective-builder edited by friendly feminists before throwing something in off-script about Millennial snowflakes and the "new left".

and i'm gonna posrep this post for being exactly correct. he joked not once, but twice today in his speech about 1) having permission to give a dude a hug, and 2) weirdly pulling a child near him and saying he had "permission to touch him."

yuck, dude.

Well, he will certainly carry the Penn State alumni base which will give him the Swing State’s 20 electoral college votes.  

20 minutes ago, BradInATX said:

She did not. At least not in the way it matters. If you're focused on policies and details, she won. But if you're focused on policies and details, you're almost certainly already a Democrat. She completely lost the optics battle and the charisma battle was absolute destruction. Biden won't lose the charisma battle.

Wait, "politics and details" = "Democrat"?

Uh, OK.

She also won the optics battle, as hard as it is to believe.  There was no charisma on those stages.  

3 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

She also won the optics battle

She did not. She got absolutely bludgeoned. If you asked 100 people who voted in 2016 to recall their top 3 memories of the debates, you'd have 300 answers that were all things Trump said. That's called losing the optics battle.

Edited by BradInATX
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, BradInATX said:

She did not. She got absolutely bludgeoned. If you asked 100 people who voted in 2016 to recall their top 3 memories of the debates, you'd have 300 answers that were all things Trump said. That's called losing the optics battle.

Oh for pity's sake.  If you're talking about web-based polls that made no effort to control multiple responses, etc. then yes, some of them leaned Trump.  If you're talking legitimate polls that disclosed the science behind their efforts, you're wrong.  Here are the results from the first debate:

debate-polls

48 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Oh for pity's sake.  If you're talking about web-based polls that made no effort to control multiple responses, etc. then yes, some of them leaned Trump.  If you're talking legitimate polls that disclosed the science behind their efforts, you're wrong.  Here are the results from the first debate:

debate-polls

Do you have the crosstabs for that poll? I'd wager that a heavy majority of people that actually watch entire debates are Democrats or liberal-leaners. Republicans and low-information independents (who won Trump the election) catch the soundbites on the news later or the next day. Who do you think was featured in the 30 second soundbite montages from those debates?

Marketing 101 baby.

In a sane world, the discussion about Joe wouldn't be his touchy-feely tendencies.  It would be about Joe using the US Government to enrich his son. 

The prosecutor he got fired was leading a wide-ranging corruption probe into the natural gas firm Burisma Holdings that employed Biden’s younger son, Hunter, as a board member.

U.S. banking records show Hunter Biden’s American-based firm, Rosemont Seneca Partners LLC, received regular transfers into one of its accounts — usually more than $166,000 a month — from Burisma from spring 2014 through fall 2015,during a period when Vice President Biden was the main U.S. official dealing with Ukraine and its tense relations with Russia. -The Hill

https://thehill.com/opinion/white-house/436816-joe-bidens-2020-ukrainian-nightmare-a-closed-probe-is-revived

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, BradInATX said:

Do you have the crosstabs for that poll? I'd wager that a heavy majority of people that actually watch entire debates are Democrats or liberal-leaners. Republicans and low-information independents (who won Trump the election) catch the soundbites on the news later or the next day. Who do you think was featured in the 30 second soundbite montages from those debates?

Marketing 101 baby.

Oof.  Which poll?  There are 3 represented.

I'm not gonna do your work for you, baby.  I don't care what you'd "wager".  Disprove the poll results or concede the point, or obfuscate, because Trump.

Let's play a game, you decide which of these Joe Biden said and which one El Cunado said:

"I smell that.  I go insane.  Crazy bone.  Hard.  As.  Ice." 

"Words are bullshit.  They're just useless sounds we make with our stupid mouths."

"Hey Bill, let's get the same girl pregnant tonight!"  

"Spoiler alert, it's that  dude's fucking cat!"  

trump won the election.  so people either liked trump or disliked hillary.  which of those seems more plausible?

Hating Hillary and wanting lib tears
=/= liking Trump.

There is absolutely no metric in which Trump is more likable than anyone.

He has negative likable qualities.

Of course he's not likeable.  But he owns it.  That's what makes him tricky to beat.  Jerry Jones is a fucking asshole, but he owns it so well that so many dipshit Texans can't wait to max out their credit cards to go buy his tickets and concessions even though they can't afford to support him.  Jobs was an asshole, as is Bezos.  But we can't help but do what they say.  

In a country of sheep, you still don't see how Trump could lead 1 in 5 Americans to do something they felt uncomfortable with?  Unplanned pregnancies occur at a higher clip than that and take longer than this asshole.  

One of the inspirational thoughts about Biden as a president is how smart he is. You could absolutely trust him to keep a secret or hold sensitive information close and not give away strategy or ideas or divisions in the White House. A mature leader who knows when to talk and how to talk.

The Biden 2020 run is going to be one of the greatest political reversal of fortunes in history.

He’s was a beloved elder statesmen with a good legacy (because everyone had largely overlooked/forgotten/forgiven his past transgressions) who was looked up to and remembered fondly.

He’s going to turn into a supposed front runner who flames out of a race with stories of sexual creepery, retrospectives on his shitty senate votes, viral video compilations of gaffes and tone deaf statements, and GIFs of him sniffing ladies hair.

Don’t do it Joe! Save yourself! You still have a chance to be the Secretary of State or Ambassador to the UN if the Democratic nominee wins.

If you run all you’ll have to look forward to is hanging out with Mike Dukakis and roaming the woods with Hillary.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Bama Chick said:

The Biden 2020 run is going to be one of the greatest political reversal of fortunes in history.

He’s was a beloved elder statesmen with a good legacy (because everyone had largely overlooked/forgotten/forgiven his past transgressions) who was looked up to and remembered fondly.

He’s going to turn into a supposed front runner who flames out of a race with stories of sexual creepery, retrospectives on his shitty senate votes, viral video compilations of gaffes and tone deaf statements, and GIFs of him sniffing ladies hair.

Don’t do it Joe! Save yourself! You still have a chance to be the Secretary of State or Ambassador to the UN if the Democratic nominee wins.

If you run all you’ll have to look forward to is hanging out with Mike Dukakis and roaming the woods with Hillary.

seriously.  just bail out and gain some sort of emeritus status and enjoy speaking engagements and photo ops.  solid legacy.

and try not to smell so much hair, because, well, gross.

6 hours ago, bad_teammate said:

In his first appearance since his Twitter non-apology, he made the "don't worry I got permission to touch" joke twice.

The first time was when he hugged the guy who introduced him.

The second... uh...

He's clueless.. 

• immamac changed the title to Things seem to be going quite well for Joe Biden