Things seem to be going quite well for Joe Biden

Parliament

15 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

I love confrontational politics, but isn't Joe's case that he's going to win over moderate Republicans who hate Trump's crass bullying and bring in sane, mature, and rational leadership?

Then again, lying and bullying work really well. So... guess we'll see.

Its the campaign right now.  You have to hit the bully in the mouth.  After he goes down, then you can bring in sane, mature, and rational leadership.  Until then, you aren't the leader, so you aren't leading shit.

In world history, nobody has ever politely debated a wanna-be dictator or actual dictator out of office.

Even that better video is hard to hear, so I cranked it up in some headphones and I invite everyone to do the same.

His campaign staffer tries to intervene early and he tells her "shush, shush".

Biden keeps pointing his finger at the guy and the guy says, at about 0:45 "this is not OK" referring to Biden jabbing his finger right in his chest.

I can't really make out his full response, but he's furious. He clearly threatens to slap the guy in some way.

"Don't tell me that ... slap (you around?) ..."?

I see that bt and the other bernie bros are already finding their excuse not to vote for Biden in the general.  I guess M4A will be their single issue like abortion is for so much of the right.  And they wonder why so many "centrists" claim that they are the flip side of the coin to Trumpers.  

• Like 2

I am very happy to vote for Biden. All he needs to do is say he won't actively veto progressive legislation that gets through the House and Senate. I don't think that's an unreasonable standard.

I invite the debate, though, what is more important than the fact that 80+M Americans are either uninsured or underinsured right now?

1 minute ago, HenryJames said:

Yes, he just switched from bully to bitch when Biden verbally punched him in the mouth.

It's not really a tough guy move to physically threaten someone you can hurt with complete impunity but if he hits you back he will probably be killed by the Secret Service or imprisoned for life.

That's bitch shit from Biden. Coward shit.

I'd love to see that same fighting spirit when it comes to him dealing with Republicans who actually have power, but he's not going to do that. He's going to smile and hug them.

1 minute ago, henrygandorf said:

biden is either going to showcase his articulate reasoning or lead with emotion.

i vote for emotion.  it's what the situation calls for, and it's the only club in his bag.

Yes, but what emotion?

Is Joe motivated here by a sincere belief in values? 

No.

It's not that he's being such a hard-line progressive warrior that he is saying "FUCK YOU!" to conservatives and conservative politics, this is how he feels when anyone beneath him challenges him, no matter if it's from the right or left.

The emotion motivating him is an elite furious that the lessers would defy him.

47 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

I am very happy to vote for Biden. All he needs to do is say he won't actively veto progressive legislation that gets through the House and Senate. I don't think that's an unreasonable standard.

This is so ridiculous.   If your options are Joe or Trump, you and other Bernies aren't going to vote for Biden because he doesn't pass your purity test and instead are going to vote for Trump.  INSANITY   

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

We are probably only a few days way from some prominent leftists saying they will actually vote for Trump in November. 

If we torture the definition of "prominent", then I bet you could already find some if you search hard enough. There are about 50 Brooklyn podcasters on Twitter odds are one of them has already said they'll vote for Trump.

Some irony-poisoned white 25-year-old guy with a beard and a few thousand Twitter followers (who all look like him) will then be used to attack a massive nationwide movement of workers, minorities, young people, Muslims, and LGBT activists.

Have fun doing it. :)

11 minutes ago, Ted Lange said:

This is so ridiculous.   If your options are Joe or Trump, you and other Bernies aren't going to vote for Biden because he doesn't pass your purity test and instead are going to vote for Trump.  INSANITY   

I'm not going to vote for Trump. Just silliness.

11 minutes ago, mdmost said:

We're going to get a whole election cycle with bt doing this with Biden put in place of Trump. 

Don't criticize Joe. It's His Turn!!

2 minutes ago, 6th Street said:

He's going to give himself carpel gunnel syndrome, averaging like 1000 posts per day

This is scientific racism, Poster-Americans do NOT have more fast-twitch posting fibers. #DoBetter

Biden is in serious cognitive decline.

After a year of stages crowded with flash-in-the-pan phenoms and forgettable faces, the race for the 2020 Democratic presidential nomination is about to yield a totally new kind of debate: Joe Biden versus Bernie Sanders, mano a mano.

That’s bad news for Biden, and his team knows it. We know they know it because they won’t accept Sanders’s offer for a one-on-one debate about health care policy; because they’re lobbying to make the debate format less demanding; because Biden is refusing invitations for extended interviews on cable news; and because he was recently spotted handing out leaflets to reporters after an event instead of talking to them directly — clearly a workaround designed by his staff to prevent him from putting his foot in his mouth.

His staff are right to be worried. The elder statesman is prone to lapses in coherence, to put it politely. The signs have been there for months: when Biden asked supporters to “go to Joe 30330 and help me in this fight” in the August debate, the Guardian called it “one of the most cryptic gaffes of his career.” But it was only the beginning.

In his bid for the nomination, Biden has forgotten Barack Obama’s name repeatedly, proclaimed he was running for Senate, declared that over 150 million people have been killed by gun violence since 2007, confused his wife with his sister, confused Angela Merkel with Margaret Thatcher, and confused Theresa May twice with Margaret Thatcher. He’s issued an endless litany of baffling and embarrassing statements, including, “Tomorrow’s Super Thursday,” “We choose truth over facts,” “Poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids,” “Why, why, why, why, why, why, why?” and “We hold these truths to be self-evident: all men and women created by the, go, you know the, you know the thing.”

Biden’s allies have attempted to explain all this away by pointing out that Biden has long struggled with a stutter. It’s true that Biden stuttered as a child, but it is not true that he’s always labored to verbally convey his ideas. For decades Biden’s speech was lucid, convincing, at times even charismatic. In 2012, he was lavished with praise for verbally eviscerating Paul Ryan during a vice presidential debate. Less than ten years ago he was confident, composed, funny, and alert when he spoke in public. Nowadays, his campaign makes a concerted effort to limit his exposure to prevent the likelihood of verbal slip-ups, confessing that they tend to happen “late in the day.”

https://jacobinmag.com/2020/03/joe-biden-gaffes-democratic-presidential-campaign-trump

Edited by Horn Under a Bad Sign

7 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

Take this imagine. Replace Trump with Biden and Pence with Stacey Abrams.

That's 2021 and onward when it comes to developing healthcare policy and responses to pandemics.

Feel good?

Jeez dude, what other thing to run into the ground are you going to move on to starting after tonight?

7 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

If we torture the definition of "prominent", then I bet you could already find some if you search hard enough. There are about 50 Brooklyn podcasters on Twitter odds are one of them has already said they'll vote for Trump.

Some irony-poisoned white 25-year-old guy with a beard and a few thousand Twitter followers (who all look like him) will then be used to attack a massive nationwide movement of workers, minorities, young people, Muslims, and LGBT activists.

Have fun doing it. :)

Advice for the progressive movement moving forward:  Amplify and empower more voices outside of the Brooklyn/class traitor bubble. 

• Like 1

It's far-fetched though conceivable that Texas could go blue this fall, particularly if the carona virus and economy continue to snowball to hell. So anyone in that scenario not voting for the Democratic nominee is in fact voting for Trump. Tap dance around that all you want, but we all know it's true.

3 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

Advice for the progressive movement moving forward:  Amplify and empower more voices outside of the Brooklyn/class traitor bubble. 

What relevance does that group have to Sanders's campaign? I mean that question very seriously.

Because your obsession with those people has nothing to do with Bernie and everything to do with how you spend your time on the Internet and the filter bubble you've created for yourself in social media.

Just now, Zombie said:

It's far-fetched though conceivable that Texas could go blue this fall, particularly if the carona virus and economy continue to snowball to hell. So anyone in that scenario not voting for the Democratic nominee is in fact voting for Trump. Tap dance around that all you want, but we all know it's true.

You wanting it to be true doesn't make it true. That's not how logic works.

I choose to believe b_t when he said earlier he will vote for any non-Bloomberg D in the general. I don't see the need to demand it today. Bernie and his campaign are important to him and I think it's reasonable to allow for a proper funeral and burial before trying to figure out who gets Bernie's shoes off his body.

If I'm wrong, I'll lead the angry pitchfork mob. But Biden doesn't need votes in March, he needs them in 8 months. Same goes for washpark.

Let the process breathe a little.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

What relevance does that group have to Sanders's campaign? I mean that question very seriously.

Because your obsession with those people has nothing to do with Bernie and everything to do with how you spend your time on the Internet and the filter bubble you've created for yourself in social media.

You wanting it to be true doesn't make it true. That's not how logic works.

I love how you continue to play dumb and disregard the influence of Twitter leftists regarding Bernie's campaign. 

Your whole shtick is just basically Bernie Twitter. 

• Like 1

Just now, Hank Kingsley said:

I love how you continue to play dumb and disregard the influence of Twitter leftists regarding Bernie's campaign. 

Please explain it to me, a very dumb person.

(But again, all you're doing is betraying how you have created a social media hate trough that you feed yourself from. Bernie isn't getting millions of donors, volunteers, and voters because of Brooklyn podcasters. That's just the poisoned well you are drowning yourself in.)

4 minutes ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

Whether the guy was full of shit or not is immaterial.  We're trying to get Trump voted out of office.

The guy was trying to have his gotcha moment with Biden. I'm sick of this shit and I'm glad Biden told him he was full of shit. It's the typical shit the right throws out that the left has been failing to respond to. Biden's not taking away their fucking guns. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, HenryJames said:

Anyone who thinks Biden is going to take away his guns isn't voting for him in the first place.

Some people who think that won't be voting at all because they got locked inside their own vehicle 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, HenryJames said:

Anyone who thinks Biden is going to take away his guns isn't voting for him in the first place.

So we're just abandoning the whole, "Joe is going to win over the white working class in the Rust Belt" thing? The whole Obama->Trump->Biden gambit is dead now?

The new strategy is to scream at podcast hosts and Internet posters until Joe wins?

Wonderful.

8 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

Who does this turn off?  Serious question.

I'd vote for Bernie. But the hardliners of Bernie's base hate the hardest when you're on board 80%. That 20% seems to drive them insane. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

Joe Biden just told a factory worker that he's full of shit during a tense argument over guns.

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/03/10/joe-biden-told-an-auto-worker-youre-full-of-shit-during-a-tense-argument-over-guns.html

The Dems are going to fuck around and lose this got damn election.

AR-14.....lulz 

• Like 1

Yeah I'm gonna need some "clarification" on this because there is not a snowball's chance in hell I am voting for this guy if his position is that he will veto M4A if it gets through Congress.

I don't even need him to champion it. Just say you wouldn't fucking veto it.

Jesus Christ

Exactly! You will have much better luck getting Trump on-board with M4A.
  • Like 2

The guy was trying to have his gotcha moment with Biden. I'm sick of this shit and I'm glad Biden told him he was full of shit. It's the typical shit the right throws out that the left has been failing to respond to. Biden's not taking away their fucking guns. 

Even Bernie supporters loved it when Beto did it.

Wonder why they’re concern trolling about it this time?

18 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

So we're just abandoning the whole, "Joe is going to win over the white working class in the Rust Belt" thing? The whole Obama->Trump->Biden gambit is dead now?

The new strategy is to scream at podcast hosts and Internet posters until Joe wins?

Wonderful.

"I own a shotgun.  My sons hunt.  Do you need 100 rounds?"

Doesn't stand a chance with the white working class, IMO.

1 minute ago, Chuckie Finster said:

"I own a shotgun.  My sons hunt.  Do you need 100 rounds?"

Doesn't stand a chance with the white working class, IMO.

If that were all of it, you'd have a great point.

I would love a sane, rational, emotionally-mature leader to debate these points in a way that bridged the legitimate concerns of hunters and gun enthusiasts with the reality of mass gun deaths.

Instead, the head of our ticket is going to be an old man who cannot emotionally handle any level of criticism from lowly citizens and who feels justified in touching them aggressively, being disrespectful to them, and even physically threatening them.

That... sucks ass.

If that were all of it, you'd have a great point.
I would love a sane, rational, emotionally-mature leader to debate these points in a way that bridged the legitimate concerns of hunters and gun enthusiasts with the reality of mass gun deaths.
Instead, the head of our ticket is going to be an old man who cannot emotionally handle any level of criticism from lowly citizens and who feels justified in touching them aggressively, being disrespectful to them, and even physically threatening them.
That... sucks ass.
Because Bernie has never brusquely dismissed critics?

• immamac changed the title to Things seem to be going quite well for Joe Biden