Things seem to be going quite well for Joe Biden

Parliament

Just now, David Dennison said:

For a 77 year old? Yes.

Bernie is older than Methusela and I haven't seen him wander away from the camera in the middle of talking. Hell, even Trump is aware enough of his surroundings to remain in-frame.

1 minute ago, DanTheHorn said:

Shaming? If she is proud and positive that what she is doing is right how is that shameful? It is only shameful if you know that position is stupid AF.

His characterization of her position as being analogous to 2016 is dishonest as hell.

She is right.

No one owes Joe a vote just like no one owes anyone else an endorsement. It is the job of the nominee to win voters. If he cannot win a voter who desperately wants to be won then that's on Joe as a candidate.

5 minutes ago, Ted Lange said:

Speaking of MAGA.  That’s Bernie and his sore loser 20%.  We have lost on the issues, so let’s say Joe has dementia!   Never mind Bernie had a heart attack and won’t release his medical records!   It’s like the Trumpkins posting non stop memes of Hillary coughing.  Idiots. 

Are you telling Sanders' supporters they are not needed?  

Is the mental fitness of a candidate not an important consideration?

7 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

It doesn't matter. He's finished.

Bernie Sanders' viability has nothing at all to do with Joe Biden's mental fitness. It's irrelevant.

Bernie could be 400 delegates behind or ahead and it wouldn't make Joe any more or less mentally sound.

Just now, washparkhorn said:

I thought electability was the most important question for the neverbernie bros?  No?

Do we not think Biden has electability issues?

Bloomberg could declare his candidacy on Monday as the head of the "Restore Monarchy Party" on Monday and beat Trump and Biden. And he might, if Joe looks unelectable. 

Does anyone not agree that Bidens brain is old mush? I think we are past that at this point. It’s known. Everyone should embrace it, including Biden. 

Trump is for sure going to bring it up in every sentence. You have to counter and say yes I’m old, my memory what it used to be, neither is yours. Example A: when you did you didn’t remember firing the WH pandemic team which you clearly did a year earlier. So while we are both old and may not remember everything, at least I’m not a liar, I won’t lie to the American People, I won’t jeopardize their safety to make myself look better, by firing the pandemic staff. By denying American citizens off the coast becsuse you don’t want the numbers to go up. 

If Bidens staff isn’t preparing him for these attacks now, they will lose. 

26 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

Is the mental fitness of a candidate not an important consideration?

Bernie Sanders' viability has nothing at all to do with Joe Biden's mental fitness. It's irrelevant.

Bernie could be 400 delegates behind or ahead and it wouldn't make Joe any more or less mentally sound.

It says a lot about Bernie's political acumen.

There is a global pandemic playing out in the midst of one of the most consequential elections in U.S. history.

In the nominating contest only one of our candidates is speaking directly to the public daily, bringing together experts for extended discussions, the other has his fans posting MAGA memes about how bad the other candidate is. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, washparkhorn said:

2 hours ago, washparkhorn said:

2 hours ago, Ted Lange said:

30 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

i was told 90% of them would vote for biden anyway, so what's the argument here?

22 hours ago, washparkhorn said:

I know that is what you have heard, but Democratic turnout in 2020 is WAY UP compared to 2016. 

We can take the Presidency, keep the House, and take the Senate. 

Don't repeat this Trump talking point. It has been overused this cycle (based on a centrist/no to M4A media strategy). It is not good for Democrats to repeat this. It depresses the vote in November. 

With kindness intended. The media is reckless sometimes and doesn't look at the actual numbers.

The Sanders' voters that don't vote for Biden in November were never going to.

No need to focus (waste time and resources) on that group.

Resources are exponentially better deployed turning out the AA vote in battleground states.

[BTW,  I've talked to plenty of Bernie supporters who will vote for whoever the D nominee is./csb]

There is a global pandemic playing out in the midst of one of the most consequential elections in U.S. history.
In the nominating contest only one of our candidates is speaking directly to the public daily, bringing together experts for extended discussions, the other has his fans posting MAGA memes about how bad the other candidate is. 
Bernie himself is speaking lucidly and fielding questions and answering them nimbly. He's holding roundtables with medical experts that we can watch and see a candidate who is mentally sharp and aware.

Voters in upcoming primary states should not vote for the candidate that is clearly mentally unfit.

They won't, but they should.

13 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

Bernie himself is speaking lucidly and fielding questions and answering them nimbly. He's holding roundtables with medical experts that we can watch and see a candidate who is mentally sharp and aware.

Voters in upcoming primary states should not vote for the candidate that is clearly mentally unfit.

They won't, but they should.

And he lost a democratic primary to so called unfit candidate AND Hillary.  I wouln t trust Bernie to run a campaign vs Sarah Palin.  He is suited to be a sideline sitter senator in a state the size of El Paso. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

It would be nice if media would critically look at what's happening.

Like Democrats voting en mass against bernies platform?

Or Bernie being so inept at building a coalition he couldn’t beat Hillary or Joe?

At some point you have to realize, he ain’t good at national elections and two would be horrific at trying to push an agenda as a president.  How much more proof do you need?

Edited by Ted Lange
  • Like 4

Or Bernie being so inept at building a coalition he couldn’t beat Hillary or Joe?

At some point you have to realize, he ain’t good at national elections and two would be horrific at trying to push an agenda as a president.  How much more proof do you need?
Ted you should go to a non-Joe thread to talk about the guy that isn't Joe Biden. :)

8 hours ago, Ted Lange said:

Yep, even the democrats don't want his agenda, and realize what it could do across the board at state and national level elections .

So I guess the liberal consensus when Joe wins is that a vain, combative, mentally-declining president who lies constantly with politics too regressive to meet the needs of the moment is actually good now?

"HE'S BETTER THAN TRUMP!" is a fine campaign slogan, but what about after he wins and Trump isn't a factor? Is his 2024 re-election slogan going to be "WELL AT LEAST HE'S NOT TRUMP!"?

Biden 2024: Biden Still Isn't Trump
Biden 2024: Bernie Can't Build Coalitions
Biden 2024: Look! Over There! A Distraction!

• Fuck You 2

1 minute ago, bad_teammate said:

So I guess the liberal consensus when Joe wins is that a vain, combative, mentally-declining president who lies constantly with politics too regressive to meet the needs of the moment is actually good now?

"HE'S BETTER THAN TRUMP!" is a fine campaign slogan, but what about after he wins and Trump isn't a factor? Is his 2024 re-election slogan going to be "WELL AT LEAST HE'S NOT TRUMP!"?

Bernie is even left of the pack in the democrat world. What coalition is he gonna a build ?  He's an angry man yelling at clouds.

2 hours ago, bad_teammate said:

Biden 2024: Fuck you, dog faced lying pony soldier! Let’s take it outside.

OK fine I just watched a shitty NRA video with a guitar riff playing over a dumbass in overalls shooting a gun... now what?

Joe lied. Joe has said he wants to take guns away and it is in the NRA video. He told Beto that Beto would lead the fight and Beto said he wants to confiscate assault rifles. Joe himself even answers "Bingo!" when asked if he's coming for guns.

Now, you can argue that Joe is too mentally diminished to be taken seriously or listened to (this is the MAGA argument about Trump's constant lying, stupidity, and mental impairment), but as deplorable as beard dork and the NRA are, they're not lying here.

And if we had clear-headed and well-spoken leadership with courage and a spine on this issue, it would be a lot better. Beto projected confidence in saying HELL YES we're coming for your ARs and AKs. Joe is a stammering, sundowning idiot (something everyone here agreed with until the Monday before Super Tuesday, but is now heresy), on the other hand.

This shit is fucking pathetic.

Over half the god damned delegates remain in play but the corporate media has done such a great job of manufacturing consent that the narrative is that it's already over (which makes it functionally over). It's amazing the 180 millions of supposedly engaged voters turned on this guy just because the media narrative told them to turn.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

That he wants to confiscate guns.

You can pedant all you want. He said they should be illegal.

“Bingo,” the Democrat interjected, “you’re right if you have an assault weapon.”

“The fact of the matter is they should be illegal, period,” 

Just now, Incredulity said:

You can pedant all you want. He said they should be illegal.

“Bingo,” the Democrat interjected, “you’re right if you have an assault weapon.”

“The fact of the matter is they should be illegal, period,” 

They should be. But he doesn't want to confiscate guns. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

OK fine I just watched a shitty NRA video with a guitar riff playing over a dumbass in overalls shooting a gun... now what?

Joe lied. Joe has said he wants to take guns away and it is in the NRA video. He told Beto that Beto would lead the fight and Beto said he wants to confiscate assault rifles. Joe himself even answers "Bingo!" when asked if he's coming for guns.

Now, you can argue that Joe is too mentally diminished to be taken seriously or listened to (this is the MAGA argument about Trump's constant lying, stupidity, and mental impairment), but as deplorable as beard dork and the NRA are, they're not lying here.

And if we had clear-headed and well-spoken leadership with courage and a spine on this issue, it would be a lot better. Beto projected confidence in saying HELL YES we're coming for your ARs and AKs. Joe is a stammering, sundowning idiot (something everyone here agreed with until the Monday before Super Tuesday, but is now heresy), on the other hand.

This shit is fucking pathetic.

Over half the god damned delegates remain in play but the corporate media has done such a great job of manufacturing consent that the narrative is that it's already over (which makes it functionally over). It's amazing the 180 millions of supposedly engaged voters turned on this guy just because the media narrative told them to turn.

What's amazing is that Bernie is doing such a poor job of convincing more people to vote for him than Joe Biden.

2 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

They should be. But he doesn't want to confiscate guns. 

Anderson Cooper: “So, to gun owners out there who say, well, a Biden administration means they’re going to come for my guns?”

Biden: "Bingo!"

Why did he say that?

Why did he say Beto is going to lead the fight against guns?

1 minute ago, David Dennison said:

What's amazing is that Bernie is doing such a poor job of convincing more people to vote for him than Joe Biden.

It definitely sucks. People who want competent governance have been fucking owned, you're right. Rack 'em.

*2022, Joe Biden literally shits himself during a UN speech and wanders offstage while panicked staffers flock around him*

David Dennison: "lol Bernie Sanders is a loser."

Anderson Cooper: “So, to gun owners out there who say, well, a Biden administration means they’re going to come for my guns?”

Biden: "Bingo!"

Why did he say that?

Why did he say Beto is going to lead the fight against guns?

It definitely sucks. People who want competent governance have been fucking owned, you're right. Rack 'em.

*2022, Joe Biden literally shits himself during a UN speech and wanders offstage while panicked staffers flock around him*

David Dennison: "lol Bernie Sanders is a loser."

He's been unsuccessful running for president.

That's great. The best possible outcome of a Biden administration is that he just wanders around the White House while people like Warren and Sanders lead policy battles in Congress that he just smiles at and signs when it comes to his desk.

he can putt around the west wing in a wheelchair and ring a bell when he needs more jello as long as he beats trump.

• Like 2

• immamac changed the title to Things seem to be going quite well for Joe Biden