Things seem to be going quite well for Joe Biden

Parliament

Just now, Brisketexan said:

I’m glad you don’t care what anyone else believes. Because nobody believes you. You’re a shamed Trumper, but you’ll still pull the lever for him, because goshdurnit, the Dem nominee (doesn’t matter who) is too much like Hillary!

You're a prozac, enhanced ledge sitter. Believe what you want, doesn't change fact.  Nobody is as corrupt as Hillary was NOBODY.

You're a prozac, enhanced ledge sitter. Believe what you want, doesn't change fact.  Nobody is as corrupt as Hillary was NOBODY.

Quoted for “wow.”

And I say that as someone who loathed her quite possibly longer than you have.

Yet you watch someone go into office, nakedly direct public dollars to his private enterprises and wave it in your face....shamelessly court foreign dollars being spent at his businesses and flowing into his pockets to curry favor...fill his cabinet with yes men and crooks in their own right...etc etc ad infinitum....you’re the Iraqi information minister of assessing corruption.

Hillary was really bad/corrupt. What you need to see and realize is that yes, it’s possible to be worse. And you voted for it. But to admit that was to admit that you were suckered, and you can’t do that.

It’s ok. You don’t have to. We know.

15 minutes ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

I dunno, I think the guy you voted for who did business with the Iranian Revolutionary Guard was probably more corrupt.

3 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Quoted for “wow.”

And I say that as someone who loathed her quite possibly longer than you have.

Yet you watch someone go into office, nakedly direct public dollars to his private enterprises and wave it in your face....shamelessly court foreign dollars being spent at his businesses and flowing into his pockets to curry favor...fill his cabinet with yes men and crooks in their own right...etc etc ad infinitum....you’re the Iraqi information minister of assessing corruption.

Hillary was really bad/corrupt. What you need to see and realize is that yes, it’s possible to be worse. And you voted for it. But to admit that was to admit that you were suckered, and you can’t do that.

It’s ok. You don’t have to. We know.

Just how invested are you in blathering on about things you have no idea about.  You have no idea about my voting habits.  I have no reason to lie about them so we'll just end it there. The night air is bad for you so come on in off that ledge

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

I don't care what you believe.  I've said it many times, my vote was against Hillary, not for Trump.  Joe Biden or Bernie was the 2016 candidate, and I'd have voted for them.  If the democrats have a candidate that can fog a mirror they'll probably get my vote in 2020.

If that’s true then you really are every bit as fucking stupid as everyone here thinks.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck You 1

28 minutes ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

I don't care what you believe.  I've said it many times, my vote was against Hillary, not for Trump.  Joe Biden or Bernie was the 2016 candidate, and I'd have voted for them.  If the democrats have a candidate that can fog a mirror they'll probably get my vote in 2020.

Senator onboard, I served with Brisketexan. I knew Brisketexan. Brisketexan was a friend of mine. Senator onboard,  you're no Brisketexan. 

22 minutes ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

Your emotions are running ahead of your education.  It's almost as if you're . . . losing hinge integrity.

despite what onboard did or didn't do, it's an absolute fact that people said they were voting one way, and voted the other way, in 2016.  or said nothing, and voted for trump.  it doesn't matter the reason, it fucking happened.  the polls were either glitched, or people were dishonest.  my vote will always be for shady people over the idea of evil machines.

yeah, it may have been embarrassing then.  it definitely is embarrassing now, but it fucking happened.

#stoprelitigating

despite what onboard did or didn't do, it's an absolute fact that people said they were voting one way, and voted the other way, in 2016.  or said nothing, and voted for trump.  it doesn't matter the reason, it fucking happened.  the polls were either glitched, or people were dishonest.  my vote will always be for shady people over the idea of evil machines.
yeah, it may have been embarrassing then.  it definitely is embarrassing now, but it fucking happened.
#stoprelitigating

No need to relitigate. It’s going to happen again in 2020.

He’s winning a second term, and it will be voters like Onboard who bring it home for him.

On 4/1/2019 at 10:16 AM, Hugo Stiglitz said:

This is a generational thing.  That doesn’t excuse the creepy behavior but according to some older women I talked to the creepo touching wasn’t as big a deal back then.  They said they almost expected it and if it didn’t happen it was almost a slight. Don’t get me wrong, they’re very glad it’s unacceptable now and it should have been back then but it was a different time.

With the way things are going, pretty soon all human interaction will be court-regulated.

46 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

No need to relitigate. It’s going to happen again in 2020.

He’s winning a second term, and it will be voters like Onboard who bring it home for him.

No he’s not winning again. Hillary isn’t running again and you’re underestimating the country. Just because it contains a bunch of shitstains doesn’t mean it’s done. It’s always had plenty of shitstains. 

What you got is nothing new. It’s not all waiting on you. That’s vanity. 

Edited by JimmyJames

#stoprelitigating

I 1,000% believe people were ashamed to admit they planned to vote for Trump, so they lied to pollsters.

But, again, for the 346th time, the polls were not wrong or horrifically off kilter in 2016.

The aggregate of national polls gave Trump about a 20-25% chance of victory.

Yes, that’s not a great chance but it’s not a 0% chance like people want to remember it to be.

Just because conventional wisdom and the media had all but anointed Hillary Clinton doesn’t change what the actual polling was showing.

And after the stupid Comey press conference, Trump’s numbers got better and the race tightened the last 2-3 weeks of the election.

Which caused the undecideds and independents to break Trump’s way.

So when you put together the fact that Hillary actually won the national popular vote and Trump won electorally by approximately 80,000 votes in a combined three states, that completely jibes with the predicted 25% chance of a Trump victory.

Sorry to get all pedantic and school marm-y but the continued “fake news” that the polls were just soooo wrong in 2016 so therefore we shouldn’t ever trust polling again is infuriating.

It’s based off a Trumpian/Fox News narrative designed to be another reason citizens shouldn’t trust the media and traditional institutions.

On it’s own, it’s not that big a deal but when taken with all the other attempts by the current movement to sow mistrust amongst the citizenry, it’s alarming and it primes otherwise reasonable people to fall for the next lie and the next and the next.

We have to fight back against these attempts to dupe us into not trusting who Trump and his mouthpieces tell us to not trust.

Because they ultimate outcome for them is for us to trust THEM.
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Bama Chick said:

I 1,000% believe people were ashamed to admit they planned to vote for Trump, so they lied to pollsters.

But, again, for the 346th time, the polls were not wrong or horrifically off kilter in 2016.

The aggregate of national polls gave Trump about a 20-25% chance of victory.

Yes, that’s not a great chance but it’s not a 0% chance like people want to remember it to be.

Just because conventional wisdom and the media had all but anointed Hillary Clinton doesn’t change what the actual polling was showing.

And after the stupid Comey press conference, Trump’s numbers got better and the race tightened the last 2-3 weeks of the election.

Which caused the undecideds and independents to break Trump’s way.

So when you put together the fact that Hillary actually won the national popular vote and Trump won electorally by approximately 80,000 votes in a combined three states, that completely jibes with the predicted 25% chance of a Trump victory.

Sorry to get all pedantic and school marm-y but the continued “fake news” that the polls were just soooo wrong in 2016 so therefore we shouldn’t ever trust polling again is infuriating.

It’s based off a Trumpian/Fox News narrative designed to be another reason citizens shouldn’t trust the media and traditional institutions.

On it’s own, it’s not that big a deal but when taken with all the other attempts by the current movement to sow mistrust amongst the citizenry, it’s alarming and it primes otherwise reasonable people to fall for the next lie and the next and the next.

We have to fight back against these attempts to dupe us into not trusting who Trump and his mouthpieces tell us to not trust.

Because they ultimate outcome for them is for us to trust THEM.

sorry, i wasn't trying to put "polling" on trial.  i was just suggesting that we shouldn't reject what people said they did or didn't do in 2016.

lol

--------------------------------

"My bill strikes at the heart of the injustice of court-ordered busing. It prohibits the federal courts from disrupting our educational system in the name of the constitution where there is no evidence that the governmental officials intended to discriminate," Biden wrote to fellow senators on March 25, 1977. "I believe there is a growing sentiment in the Congress to curb unnecessary busing."

Biden, who at the time was 34 and serving his first term in the Senate, repeatedly asked for -- and received -- the support of Sen. James Eastland, a Mississippi Democrat and chairman of the Judiciary Committee and a leading symbol of Southern resistance to desegregation. Eastland frequently spoke of blacks as "an inferior race."

"Dear Mr. Chairman," Biden wrote on June 30, 1977. "I want you to know that I very much appreciate your help during this week's committee meeting in attempting to bring my anti-busing legislation to a vote."

-------------------------------

Jesus.

Edited by bad_teammate

On 4/7/2019 at 10:57 AM, mdmost said:

When being woke goes wrong...

I sincerely believe Repub operatives posing as Dems get the left all worked up about vote-losers like trans rights. How that has become an issue of pressing import in this mean old world is beyond me, but lefties fall for this kind of crap all the time. Am I for trans rights? Of course I am, but it's not a good hill for a whole party to die on.

10 hours ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

I sincerely believe Repub operatives posing as Dems get the left all worked up about vote-losers like trans rights. How that has become an issue of pressing import in this mean old world is beyond me, but lefties fall for this kind of crap all the time. Am I for trans rights? Of course I am, but it's not a good hill for a whole party to die on.

Go fuck yourself. 

• Like 2

On 4/8/2019 at 9:56 PM, henrygandorf said:

it's insane he's still standing at this point.

The media are going to turn him into a Democrat version of Trump.  They are going to go so far over the top trying to persuade people not to vote for him that they are going to actually push people into voting for him.

40 minutes ago, EMAWesome said:

The media are going to turn him into a Democrat version of Trump.  They are going to go so far over the top trying to persuade people not to vote for him that they are going to actually push people into voting for him.

And he’s not exactly getting people excited like Pete, Beto, etc.

23 hours ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

Why? Peoples rights aren’t worth fighting for? What the fuck?

On 4/8/2019 at 9:11 PM, Onboard 2.0 said:

Just how invested are you in blathering on about things you have no idea about.  You have no idea about my voting habits.  I have no reason to lie about them so we'll just end it there. The night air is bad for you so come on in off that ledge

He's a pussy to call you a liar on the internet

On 4/11/2019 at 11:08 PM, atomheartbevo said:

Best Biden story that will ever be written.  The Joe Biden I’d vote for  

https://politics.theonion.com/shirtless-biden-washes-trans-am-in-white-house-driveway-1819570732

I cried once on a plane reading that years ago when I go to the part about him cleaning up soft packs of Doral Kings and Senate Bill 486.  The visual still kills me.  

There was another one of those in short form about then Senator Biden used to haze freshmen Senators by having them box an Dover Longshoreman for 137 rounds before they could get committee assignments.  

• immamac changed the title to Things seem to be going quite well for Joe Biden