NIT semifinals: Texas vs. TCU, 8:30 PM, ESPN

Machinator

1 hour ago, Napoleon said:

How is Texas favored by 1 point?

TCU should be favored by 5 or more?

ESPN Preview: http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/game?gameId=401123694

Texas opened at -1.  Most everything now has TCU  -1.5.

O/U opened at 140.  Now it has moved to 138.  Some have it at 138.5.

If my math is right, for TCU to cover and go over, it has to be 71-69.

OK.  Cool.  Hook 'em.

2 hours ago, Napoleon said:

How is Texas favored by 1 point?

TCU should be favored by 5 or more?

ESPN Preview: http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/game?gameId=401123694

Pretty much every single computer system has Texas favored over TCU. Even Massey, where TCU has a higher overall ranking, give the power rating (prediction) edge to Texas. We're obviously missing Hayes but it's not a shock that we're favored or anything.

Edited by Huckleberry

Pretty much every single computer system has Texas favored over TCU. Even Massey, where TCU has a higher overall ranking, give the power rating (prediction) edge to Texas. We're obviously missing Hayes but it's not a shock that we're favored or anything.

Apparently the oddsmakers don’t take coaching into account.

2 hours ago, Huckleberry said:

Didn't TCU beat us twice this year? or just the last game of the season where they beat us by ~15 in Austin?.

Now we don't have Jaxson, but we do have Roach. We also squeaked by our first two game in Austin and TCU has been blowing out their opponents in every game of the NIT. (In Fort Worth)

I don't bet and obviously would love to win this whole damned thing, but I would expect my gambling friend who went to Vanderbilt to lay $200 to $500 on TCU tonight. (He has a slight gambling addiction.)

6 hours ago, Zepol87 said:

I was supposed to fly out to our Brooklyn office for the week yesterday and wanted to hit this up but I got fucked and now have to go Lexington.

Yeah but Lexington is like the Brooklyn of Kentucky.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, smwhorn said:

So since it appears we are stuck with Shaka for (at least) next season, do we want us to win this game ??

Asking for a friend.

Look at it this way.  Shakablah is a wellness program.  It elevates the heart rate, increases stomach acid to aid digestion, and creates enough rage venting that you don’t beat the shit out of asshole boss.