American Solidarity Fund - Redistribution to Fight Inequality

bad_teammate

23 minutes ago, American Swindle said:

Your responses have been  full of assumption and irony.  I'll just stahp with you, because apparently I'm using words you can't understand and ideas that are too big for your mind.  Take care pal. 

Not so fast, pal. I answered your question, and now I've got a couple for you:

Do you think exploitation exists? If so, how do you define it?

6 minutes ago, Bat Guano said:

Not so fast, pal. I answered your question, and now I've got a couple for you:

Do you think exploitation exists? If so, how do you define it?

Yes.  Who do you think was exploited during the meltdown of 2008, when everyone needed housing and the bubble burst?  Who do you think was exploited during the Vietnam War?  Who do you think was exploited during the Iraq War?  

Who was responsible and what were the common denominators in all of them? Hint: the same folks that Bad Teammate wants to use to enforce his ASF nonsense.  

1 minute ago, American Swindle said:

Yes.  Who do you think was exploited during the meltdown of 2008, when everyone needed housing and the bubble burst?  Who do you think was exploited during the Vietnam War?  Who do you think was exploited during the Iraq War?  

Who was responsible and what were the common denominators in all of them? Hint: the same folks that Bad Teammate wants to use to enforce his ASF nonsense.  

I give up. What is your definition of exploitation?

2 hours ago, Bat Guano said:

Why do you think we, as a society, determined that such transfer payments were necessary? Could it have had anything to do with the wage structures?

It's chicken and egg.

Raise the wages.  Historically inflation would be the concern.  Somehow we have kept that genie in the bottle.

1 hour ago, workswithseed said:

Using memes doesn't make him wrong.

It is further evidence of how stupid he is.

But yes, the totality of his idiotic statements is the actual problem. The reliance on 4chan memes just signals where he gets his ideology... like the fucking moron he is.

Edited by bad_teammate

It is further evidence of how stupid he is.
But yes, the totality of his idiotic statements is the actual problem. The reliance on 4chan memes just signals where he gets his ideology... like the fucking moron he is.

This is the perfect example of where the radical left ends up after being smashed in any debate.

Name calling and shallow attacks with jack shit for substance. It’s no surprise the entire Leftist regime is eating it’s own with this type of mentality and intellectual dishonesty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When one party takes advantage of another using deception, fraud or theft that is contrary to both party’s mutually agreed upon terms.

As I said, you can say workers in our society are being taken advantage of, but if they choose to take the job they are offered, and understand the terms of their employment, then they are doing so under their own free will and can quit at anytime.

DESTROYed by LOGIC in YOUTube DEBATE!
Ben Shapiro & 4chan, just what mama's growin' moron needs!

“Now watch as the NPC troll tries to use what he thinks is a super cool allusion to Ben Shapiro and 4chan memes to stymie his adversary...” [steve Irwin]

You got crushed dude, take the loss and move on.

16 hours ago, Incredulity said:

It's chicken and egg.

Raise the wages.  Historically inflation would be the concern.  Somehow we have kept that genie in the bottle.

Nonsense. Welfare, SS, Medicare, food stamps, housing assistance, etc. were implemented in response to dire need - i.e., people were suffering and needed help desperately. It defies history, logic, and political reality to pretend otherwise. Wages were one factor of several in the equation, but they were a significant one.

• 11 months later...
On 3/25/2020 at 10:14 PM, longhornmatt said:

Isn’t this the thread about how everything should be redistributed by lumping it in some giant hedge fund controlled by the federal government with help from the usual giant hedge fund guys

No, this is an extremely right-wing framing. Very Republican. Which is fitting, of course, given the source.

We're in a situation where trillions in taxpayer dollars is going to private capital to prevent private capital investments from failing. In a sane world, the taxpayer would be treated as an investor. The ASF would be a means of managing those investments.

Do you have a better idea? Continue to just throw our money at capital and hope they don't kill us? Let them all die in times of struggle?

On 3/25/2020 at 10:19 PM, David Dennison said:

How about capital pays labor more and management less.

Crazy idea, I know.

Sounds great, but doesn't really address capital that is illiquid. The ASF idea creates a mechanism to simply transfer illiquid assets.

Not sure why you're so hostile here.