Email Notification

immamac

Our email stats have gotten significantly higher over the last 3 months and I'm trying to figure out why - our opened emails and unique opens is in the hundreds per day and our sent emails are in the 10k+ per day.

I'm not bitching too much about the cost, but it seems like a colossal waste of money to be paying for millions of emails that go unopened. Do people actually want to get these emails? Should I unsubscribe everyone by default? 

Do people sign up using their everyday, goto, real email account.
I thought signing up for things (including messageboards) is why things like hotmail exist.

So you are saying that if I go to my hotmail account, which I do every 2 or 3 months that there is a ton of shit from surly? Good to know, now I'll just avoid that.

zepol you are following every thread you have ever posted in lol https://www.surlyhorns.com/board/index.php?/followed/ use this link to fix your notification preferences if you are still getting spammed, I changed it to only email you once a week with all the content you follow you can just turn that off if you want.

I don't understand subscribing to threads. Clicking on one takes me to the last post I read, I know which ones I've posted to because there's an icon for that, and most of the threads I like to check I know already.
Because it keeps all the threads I care about the most all in one place and no other thread will be shown.

• 2 weeks later...