Deadliest Catch Season 15

RPM

I assume Josh would stay in the same stateroom he always stayed in. Pretty sure there's not a lot of difference between the two. 

Where did this sleeping quarters angst come from? You do realize Casey outranks Josh, right? 

Edited by RPM

Mandy almost getting someone killed and Sig is all "that's OK sweetheart, it's my fault". What a crock of shit. If it had been anyone else he would have totally lost his shit. Bering Sea Barbie wasn't paying attention and she's not qualified. 

On 4/26/2019 at 1:00 AM, spystud13 said:

Goddamnit, of course the second hour is dumbass interview shit again. That shit pisses me off. 

Holy shit, I apologize for this post. If any of you still have it on DVR, watch it. It’s about Sean & the Brenna, had never heard their story about losing a boat. 

the one thing with The Northwestern is they are all related to each other and thus they accept that Mandy is going to run the boat and will accept that she makes mistakes

I wonder if she did her required hours on the Cal Golden Bear ship or if she is getting her hours on The Northwestern.....I would say the hours on The Northwestern would probably be a bigger challenge than on The Golden Bear and definitely more hands on, but I would think getting some hours with her class on The Golden Bear would still be important

I would expect she will try and get on a tug in Seattle or somewhere else in the northwest and the hours on The Northwestern could be valuable for that I would think.....she probably needs to get on the deck some too because she would start on the deck on a tug for sure

3 minutes ago, ButtFumble said:

she probably needs to get on the deck some too because she would start on the deck on a tug for sure

This. She got the wheelhouse express lane because she's Daddy's girl and Uncle Edgar literally screwed the pooch. She has no idea what it's like on deck save a trip or two. Even then she spent most of the time in the galley. A Captain needs to understand what is happening at all points at all times. You don't know a single emergency procedure, you don't belong to solo. Lives are at stake. The sea is an unforgiving bitch.

7 minutes ago, RPM said:

This. She got the wheelhouse express lane because she's Daddy's girl and Uncle Edgar literally screwed the pooch. She has no idea what it's like on deck save a trip or two. Even then she spent most of the time in the galley. A Captain needs to understand what is happening at all points at all times. You don't know a single emergency procedure, you don't belong to solo. Lives are at stake. The sea is an unforgiving bitch.

that probably would have never happened on any other boat, but with everyone on The Northwestern being related it is just how it is

Nick is a cousin of Sig and Edgar and Norman, Jake was a cousin of Nick and the only ones that were not family recently were Mandy's BF before they were married and Cornelia Marie Jake that is about as close as family because they were doing him a huge favor out of respect to Phil

if she goes to a tug they will have her on the deck for sure, but she will probably move up pretty quick being a female in a male dominated industry and IF she can make use of the experience she is getting now

I am just speculating that she will go for a job on a tug, but that is a good job for a US Maritime grad and I can't imagine she wants to try to be on a big ship on the ocean.....I suppose she could go crew/supply boat for the oil industry out of Alaska too or a push boat on The Columbia River

Edited by ButtFumble

4 minutes ago, RPM said:

She ain't goin' nowhere as long as the NW is on tv.

yea I did not think of that at all......one of if not the only female in the show (besides Sean's mom), better than average looking and her dad is the big cheese for the show and can get her paid from the show better than other newbies

• 2 weeks later...

I'd like to hear others ranking of the captains by your likability of them. Just wondering if we all hate the same people lol.

My ranking based on how much I like them (i left off the new guy since it has only been a few episodes)
1. Jake

2. Sean
3. Sig

4. Mouse

5. Josh
6. Casey

7.Wild Bill

8. Keith

I used to be a big Sig fan, but his shit got tiresome. Phil was probably my favorite of all time. Hillstrands were middle of pack for me. Blake and Tony were whatever. Elliot would be at the bottom of the bottom. I'd take 15 Keiths to 1 Elliot.

I'd like to hear others ranking of the captains by your likability of them. Just wondering if we all hate the same people lol.

My ranking based on how much I like them (i left off the new guy since it has only been a few episodes)
1. Jake

2. Sean
3. Sig

4. Mouse

5. Josh
6. Casey

7.Wild Bill

8. Keith

I used to be a big Sig fan, but his shit got tiresome. Phil was probably my favorite of all time. Hillstrands were middle of pack for me. Blake and Tony were whatever. Elliot would be at the bottom of the bottom. I'd take 15 Keiths to 1 Elliot.

At this point

Sean
Jake
Keith
Josh/Casey
Sig

Harley.....that dude is douche personified

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

Sean 
Andy H. 
Casey
Mouse
Bill

Surprised to see Jake at Scrappy’s top. Totally forgot about Elliott, is he still alive? 

Agree with Nole about Harley, fuck him. 

And Edgar on the show, not so much the whole diddling part. 

Edited by spystud13
  • Like 1

Yeah, he is a Jr.  He is also way older than he looks.  He has a grandkid who is in middle school.

Hes like 45. Thats about what i figured him to be anyway. He has a grandkid i know of thats like 3. Not sure about the middle school thing. If so then his kid mustve had a kid when they were 12

6 minutes ago, Scraps said:

Hes like 45. Thats about what i figured him to be anyway. He has a grandkid i know of thats like 3. Not sure about the middle school thing. If so then his kid mustve had a kid when they were 12

Maybe the pic I saw isn't her.  His wife has not aged well. 

• 2 weeks later...
28 minutes ago, spystud13 said:

Just started this week, the NW sure as fuck wishes ol’ Edgar kept his hands to himself now. 

If that crane hadn't screwed up Sig would have had another heart attack running back and forth from the wheelhouse to the deck every pot. Think how bad it would have been pulling them in a little weather at night. Edgar really f'd up and screwed everybody. Don't know what his future is or if he'll ever be back on the boat, but Sig needs to find a replacement with equal skills. Fast.

Wizard is an old boat. If the hull was that eroded, it has to be as bad or worse in other spots. Surely they have sacrificial anodes. Wonder when was the last time those were changed? Saltwater and steel have issues that must be constantly dealt with. Like Keith said, start chipping out a 4 inch hole and you'll wind up with a 4 foot one.