Deadliest Catch Season 15

RPM

Hillstrands are popular with the audience. After losing pretty much everything in a lawsuit over a fireworks accident I'm sure he's more than happy to be asked to do some guest shots. Andy is a completely different story. You won't see him again ever.
Is this why they sold the boat? Also what happened to John's son?

1 minute ago, DCA_HORN said:
On 5/21/2020 at 2:58 PM, RPM said:
Hillstrands are popular with the audience. After losing pretty much everything in a lawsuit over a fireworks accident I'm sure he's more than happy to be asked to do some guest shots. Andy is a completely different story. You won't see him again ever.

Is this why they sold the boat? Also what happened to John's son?

From what I've read it's most likely the reason. Don't know if it's sold yet, but it was on the market and the price has been lowered at least once. It's no longer black or named Time Bandit.

5db09c5825e60?h=475

https://dockstreetbrokers.com/vessels/cr19-032

IDK about John's son.

9 minutes ago, ss13 said:

How many years has Nick been on the NW? Fucker locked himself in the bait freezer. 

Seems like an inside latch would be a fairly simple fail-safe though. 

All walk-in's are supposed to have one. It's a simple push rod to unlatch the door.

481C00600.png

1 hour ago, ss13 said:

We should tweet that diagram to Mandy & Clark. 

They can order one for $16 or make one themselves. It ain't rocket surgery.

OK, just watched this and there was an emergency push rod installed on that door, but it was missing. The hole is there, but the rod is gone. Poor, lazy, sloppy safety and maintenance. OSHA and USCG should rip their ass for that. If Nick had a screwdriver he could have opened the door.

Edited by RPM

On 5/27/2020 at 1:37 AM, RPM said:

I'm familiar with this disputed section of the border they're covering. That was a big time patrol area way back when I was a Coastie. A lot of posturing went on.

The only interesting part of that second hour was Jonathan Hillstrand's story about when the Russian Coast Guard/Navy was chasing him, trying to board him and he's on the radio with our Coast Guard asking what to do.  They told him to make sure he was not boarded and to get back on our side ASAP.  I bet that was fucking nerve racking.

1 hour ago, Nole-4-Life said:

WAs the second hour Bill in Russia? Hell I thought it was another After the Catch and deleted sight unseen.

Tried to help, bro. 

On 5/26/2020 at 1:22 PM, ss13 said:

Guess that Bloodline show is finally over because tonight’s second hour is titled “Siberian Winter” about the Rooskies. 

Siberian Winter is On Demand if you care. I still haven't watched it yet either. 

6 hours ago, ss13 said:

Only halfway through, my DVR fucked up earlier. 

Junior needs some Flex Seal. 

That shit with Monte was crazy, kinda surprised they aired it all. 

My recording went FUBAR when Monte was pulling away from the dock and everyone was yelling. What happened? And was he drunk??

Edited by Nole-4-Life

4 minutes ago, kevwun said:

He was wasted, but luckily the boat was still tied to the pier.  I wonder if he will get in trouble with the Coast Guard over that?

I think it was staged. Keith has fired Monte for MUCH less in the past. I also doubt Monte would drink openly on a day they were scheduled to leave. They probably had a couple day window of when they wanted to leave.  Monte can't go, not a big deal we'll set sail tomorrow, but let's have him fire up the ship for good TV. 

Regardless, hammered Monte trying to pull a 155 foot boat out of dock was pretty funny. 

Edited by billfromlaketravis

2 hours ago, Nole-4-Life said:

My recording went FUBAR when Monte was pulling away from the dock and everyone was yelling. What happened? And was he drunk??

You have Direct? Appears the guide info switched from a 3-hour block to 2 in the middle of the episode, fucking up our recordings. Fortunately I noticed & caught the later replay. Full 2-hour episode is on again this Sunday morning at 8a. 

17 minutes ago, ss13 said:

You have Direct? Appears the guide info switched from a 3-hour block to 2 in the middle of the episode, fucking up our recordings. Fortunately I noticed & caught the later replay. Full 2-hour episode is on again this Sunday morning at 8a. 

I do have directv...thanks for the info!

It’s probably a licensing deal, but the Animal Planet marathon follows no rhyme or reason. Within one episode to the next they jumped between the 2007 season at 6 pm our time the 2015 season at 7 pm.

I nominate Elliott Neese as a bigger douche bag captain than Jake. At least Jake is burning heaters. Elliott vapes and rocks double barreled diamond earring  “studs”. 

6 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

The flat brim hats, white Oaks, and shooting heroin in his captain’s quarters were dead give aways. The drug addled low rider S-10 In Kodiak Alaska put it over the top. 

I think that was a Dodge Dakota.....albeit equally a piece of shit

Edited by immortal13

11 hours ago, immortal13 said:

Someone give me the Cliff Notes version of how he lost the captain's chair. I stopped watching this show a long time ago, once it became an obvious scripted soap-opera, but I always found his character interesting.

Raging drug addiction, caught on film. Coast Guard will pull your ticket right quick for that. 

Who knows what rock that guy is living under. Too bad because he seemed like he knew what he was doing out there. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, DCA_HORN said:

Can so somebody explain the russia thing? Prices are at an all time high but russia cant find enough captains? How does that work?

I believe it’s Discovery Channel produced hype. They’ve always competed with the Russians for market share and price. 

The Wild Bill story line is baffling. He said he was going to Russia to captain a boat. Then he’s in Russia to learn how they fish opies/deal with the ice. Then he gets pulled over, and almost suicides by Russian cop... Cut to Bill telling Sig he was forced to leave Russia. So was there ever a job? Looked like a weekend in Vladviostok on Discovery’s dime.