Deadliest Catch Season 15

RPM

2 hours ago, ss13 said:

I know part of it’s editing, but Bill sure does seem to pull more blanks than all the others combined. 

Can’t imagine how nervous the camera crew is during Junior’s struggles. 

Out of Coast Guard helicopter range with Junior skippering the boat would make anybody nervous. 

Edited by billfromlaketravis

14 hours ago, ss13 said:

I know part of it’s editing, but Bill sure does seem to pull more blanks than all the others combined. 

Can’t imagine how nervous the camera crew is during Junior’s struggles. 

Yeah that shit would be nerve wracking. Lucky that camera boat had an extra pump.

Is the Lady Alaska just a piece of shit? A breakdown and a leak right off the bat?

Uh I'm sure Junior personally did a full inspection of a boat that had been sitting for 10 years before he bought it. He doesn't call himself The Legend for nothing.

Meanwhile in Kodiak, the guy at Nootaikok's Used Boats can't believe he finally moved that old clunker out back.

Want to add it looks like the problem was a closed sump valve. The overflow they showed coming out of the hull was not coming from the dinky little sump pump they transferred. They needed a peri jet eductor. The fact they didn't have one onboard shows just how incompetent The Legend is.

A peri jet eductor is a cheap efficient pump that works off your fire/or any other pumped water supply. They move twice as much water than you pump via syphon.

fZiwjsMXbsPGuDUvLeTcATHzkkv7IwQmkvfsJ1T6

I didn't know it was legal to set sail in a commercial vessel with out one. That little pump they transferred had a garden hose discharge, it wasn't pumping shit.

The Legend has bought a leaky pig in a poke, as is. Now he's finding trash in the fuel tanks, faulty pumps, closed valves (still hasn't found the source of the leak) and he's venture way out of rescue range. What more proof do you need to know that is guy is a complete moran?

Stork.jpg

Edited by RPM
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Lat22 said:

I find it hard to believe that Harley would have a single friend or ally in the entire fleet.  Does that cocksucker ever find crab without potlicking off of somebody else?

Hard to believe Harley hasn't been called out big time by another captain. Maybe I missed it. He's an ass.

How much time did Harley really waste? If he put down 20 prospect pots and pulled blanks, it wouldn’t take long to stack and move. The show didn’t give us any points of reference to figure it out. I think a lot of the “betrayal” was fake and added for drama. 

But hey, what are gonna do? People don’t want to watch Sean Dwyer fish for 60 minutes. 

I find it hard to believe that Harley would have a single friend or ally in the entire fleet.  Does that cocksucker ever find crab without potlicking off of somebody else?
This shit has to be tv drama. He would get his ass beat in every dockside bar if he really did this shit.
  • Like 1

I can't believe it's not highly illegal to pull another boat's pot and take the crab. That's twice he's done it on camera. That has to be an arraigned deal or Fish and Game would be all over them.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chewbacca said:
14 hours ago, Lat22 said:

This shit has to be tv drama. He would get his ass beat in every dockside bar if he really did this shit.

This. Harley is usually referred to as the made for TV 14 term as a “jack ass”. Sailors can and do curse much worse than that. He’s the Season 16 bad guy, and Discovery is going to portray him that way. 

Would I rather have a beer with the Hillstrands or Harley, well that’s an easy question. At least I know John and Andy won’t steal my beer when I get up to take a piss.

Edited by billfromlaketravis
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, RPM said:

I can't believe it's not highly illegal to pull another boat's pot and take the crab. That's twice he's done it on camera. That has to be an arraigned deal or Fish and Game would be all over them.

Don’t think he pulled Cornelia’s this episode, that was after he re-set near them. Like someone said above, they make 2 days seem like 20 minutes in editing. 

^ If you want to record even more episodes, Outdoor Channel (606 on Direct) airs one every weekday at 11a. They’re in 2008 now, think Phil’s about to kick it. 

I watched the one where Nick had to tell Jake his sister died unexpectedly the other night while pretty boozed up. That wasn’t the most fun. 

53 minutes ago, ss13 said:

^ If you want to record even more episodes, Outdoor Channel (606 on Direct) airs one every weekday at 11a. They’re in 2008 now, think Phil’s about to kick it. 

I watched the one where Nick had to tell Jake his sister died unexpectedly the other night while pretty boozed up. That wasn’t the most fun. 

I just watched that episode. Watching Captain Phil kill it with the “crab farts” in the 2008 opie season was fun to watch. He might be the best fisherman featured on the show. Not a great businessman though. 

What was the Phil timeline? Passed the blood clout during opies 2008. Tried to give it a go for king crab 2008, but had to hand it off to Murray. Came back for opies 2009 and had a ton of boat problems, but the fishing was good. Out for king crab 2009, and passed during opies 2010 right? 

Yeah I usually DVR the 11 am episode on the Outdoor Channel. There’s also 7 episode marathon every Thursday on Animal Planet. 3 pm - 10 pm. And Discovery Channel will randomly have unadvertised marathons on day time TV. 

I can’t I blame him either. Seemed like a good kid that had to take a lot of s***. 

Speaking of good kids, I miss Scottie Hillstrand. I know Jonathan and Andy have had their share of legal troubles, but I think the Time Bandit would still be running if Scottie was involved. He made a difficult choice to be with his family and I respect him for it. 

Fuck Bill 6 ways from Sunday. He is a horrible father. 

I was rooting for Josh, but the way he laid that string was all wrong. Should have gone hard starboard and crossed the biomass. Right idea, wrong cast.

22 hours ago, RPM said:

Fuck Bill 6 ways from Sunday. He is a horrible father. 

I was rooting for Josh, but the way he laid that string was all wrong. Should have gone hard starboard and crossed the biomass. Right idea, wrong cast.

Josh is just a dipshit.  Can't believe nobody has poached Casey yet to run their boat. 

Look at the last name on this list. 

The Trident crab catcher vessel fleet is comprised of 5 vessels ranging in size from 108 to 144 ft. These vessels spend the majority of their fishing time in the Bering Sea targeting King crab, Opilio (Snow crab), and Bairdi Tanner crab. These fisheries take place from late fall through the winter months and some may continue into the early spring. In addition to crab, some of these vessels also harvest Pacific cod and Sablefish (Blackcod) in the Bering Sea using pot gear. During the summer months the vessels stay busy tendering salmon in Bristol Bay and Southeast Alaska. The Bountiful has the added capability of processing and freezing its catch.

• Barbara J // Length: 110 ft.
  • Billikin // Length: 135 ft.
  • Bountiful // Length: 165 ft.
  • Farwest Leader // Length: 110 ft.
  • Royal Viking // Length: 108 ft.
  • Southern Wind // Length: 144 ft.

https://www.tridentseafoods.com/our-story/our-fleet/

• Like 1