Deadliest Catch Season 15

RPM

7 hours ago, ss13 said:

Never know with editing, but wonder if he would have made it back in time on the other boat? Rough fucking decision. 

I doubt it. Let's say they're 400 miles from Dutch, and they can make 10 knots. That's a 34-35 hour steam to Dutch Harbor. The DJ would have to catch a 4.5 hour flight back to Seattle. Best case, we're talking about 38-39 hours. The way it was depicted on the show, DJ told the captains his mother was in hospice at night, and then she passes the following day. 

“Okay, well, no one told me any of this shit.” 

Except the guy on the phone that did. 

Nick’s nose injury certainly disappeared quickly. 

If you were blind & could only follow with audio, you would swear Anderson was 85. 

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Hook1997 said:

I think Josh if he was on his own would do much better then we see on the show because he knows he has a huge safety net with Casey and knows he can coast by with him around.   He needs one of those birds tossed out the nest seasons.

I think Casey should get his own boat, and if he owns a piece of the Cornelia Marie, hold on to that sweet, sweet mailbox money. He’s certainly earned it. 

7 minutes ago, Scraps said:

I hate Josh.

Has that dude ever been in the engine room? Fucking get off your ass and learn something dumbass.

Yeah, Casey is elbow deep in everything. Dude is Edgar Hansen capable at fixing stuff. Josh sits on his stupid ass and talks to the camera. At least get down there and back-seat the guy and learn something.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Nole-4-Life said:

Yeah, Casey is elbow deep in everything. Dude is Edgar Hansen capable at fixing stuff. Josh sits on his stupid ass and talks to the camera. At least get down there and back-seat the guy and learn something.

Exactly.  He has made very little progress from 4 years ago.

• Hook 'Em 1

13 hours ago, ss13 said:

seems a little random the nearest boat just magically had three spare hydraulic motors handy. 

They're basic electric motors. I was surprised they had 3, but I suspect that was a camera support ship that trails the boat.

A pretty ho hum episode. At least they didn't hit us with a cliffhanger as we stare into the abyss of 2 weeks without Deadliest Catch. 

I did have one question. Casey appears to briefly fix the fuel pump, and then promptly runs over a pot. If he didn't run over the pot, would the fuel pump stay fixed? 

10 minutes ago, RPM said:

They're basic electric motors. I was surprised they had 3, but I suspect that was a camera support ship that trails the boat.

Same. It was way too convenient to not be a camera chase boat. The producers have to be getting pissed that Junior's sheer incompetence is exposing the fake elements of the show. Then again, it's their decision to air the camera chase boat scenes. 

Edited by billfromlaketravis

Sat what you want about Jake being a little whiny bitch at times but they guy has done every job on a boat and is not afraid to get his hands dirty.
  • Hook 'Em 1

• 2 weeks later...

Regarding the episode that aired last night, Sig Hansen is still on the show? If Discovery is paying him per episode, and not per appearance, they're not getting their money's worth. 

Once again, they used editing to create a conflict between Jake and Sig, when there was probably no issue there. Jake couldn't find water if he fell out of a boat, Sig offers him a lifeline and he takes it. He suffers through some blanks, and then runs into the bio mass. 

I would like to start a Coast Guard petition to make it illegal for Captain Keith to take his shirt off. That stuff last night looked like something out of Aliens. I'm glad he's alright, but stop showing the camera your gut. 

36 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Or if it’s really a rogue wave, why stop?  

You fish until you can't. There were multiple huge waves. Once you see those you secure the deck and hunker down. They were lucky nobody was swept overboard. Next time maybe not so lucky.

4 hours ago, RPM said:

You fish until you can't. There were multiple huge waves. Once you see those you secure the deck and hunker down. They were lucky nobody was swept overboard. Next time maybe not so lucky.

was lucky that deckhand didn't lose his leg.

• Hook 'Em 1

16 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Not sure I understand the difference with waves coming over port and starboard rails. 

Bridge aft has a tall rail down the side. Bridge forward doesn't. They would have been washed overboard.

1000w_q95.jpg

4274b0b8adb4c21c04a8f7d1d969ea0e.jpg

Edited by RPM