Deadliest Catch Season 15

RPM

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah they really should stop with the junior is in debt half a million, or any other financial doomsday shit. There’s a ton of money in the industry. It takes millions to buy a boat, it takes millions to maintain a boat, and the payout is millions. Now that it’s quota and not derby for these fisheries, the risk is mitigated a good deal. And if you burn through 20k of extra bait and fuel to get your quota it’s a drop in the bucket of the overall financials. And you can always cod fish or berdai or any number of other fisheries to bring revenue to a boat that is short, as bill and Sean and others have been shown doing here and there. 

the drama is the effort to get the crab, not the financial ramifications of the boat owners. 

I’m watching the season that aired in 2012. The stuff with Elliott and his ex/kids is pretty tough to watch. That said, Elliott should have appeared in person with an attorney at his ex’s restraining order hearing. Dialing into a court hearing seems doomed to fail. 

Also he shouldn’t have called her every 5 seconds for 14 hours straight. 

Edited by billfromlaketravis

4 hours ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:

I saw parts of the two-hour season finale of that one the other night, all kinds of shit happened. 

They had really bad ice flows all of opie season, so bad that most boats shut down for 3 weeks waiting for the ice to clear. But it was still a good year to be on the Wizard. Deckhands made $151k during opie season. I can’t imagine what that goofy bastard Lynn did with a check for 151 grand. 

King Season was interesting too. The survey cut their quotas in half so Junior, Keith, and Elliott had to go chase blue crab up north. Junior appeared to be the only captain that had a good blue crab season. 

7 hours ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:

Was wondering when ‘Rona was gonna make an appearance. 

2-hour season finale next week, looks pretty good. 

I wish they’d shed some light on what the date is for each episode. Based on Sig’s recounting of the Seattle news, I assume the show is taking place in late February 2020.

Kind of a jerk move by Josh to leave Casey to catch 11k pounds of opies, but he’ll probably get home before the COVID stuff hits the fan. The rest of the fleet might not be so lucky. 

Jake might be screwed. I believe he had 126k pounds to catch with 3 greenhorns on deck while pulling blanks in the last episode. I could see him being at sea another 3-4 weeks. It could be a real pain in the ass for him to get home. 

3 hours ago, billfromlaketravis said:

I wish they’d shed some light on what the date is for each episode. Based on Sig’s recounting of the Seattle news, I assume the show is taking place in late February 2020.

Kind of a jerk move by Josh to leave Casey to catch 11k pounds of opies, but he’ll probably get home before the COVID stuff hits the fan. The rest of the fleet might not be so lucky. 

Jake might be screwed. I believe he had 126k pounds to catch with 3 greenhorns on deck while pulling blanks in the last episode. I could see him being at sea another 3-4 weeks. It could be a real pain in the ass for him to get home. 

Am I the only one that hits pause when they show close ups of their electronics?  The dates are usually Dec-Feb but I'm sure they get jumbled up during editing.

10 minutes ago, Bobby Light said:

Good end to the season. Ice pack fishing, Coast Guard rescue, captain squabbles, and got to see Jake Harris for the first time in years. You can tell he’s been through some shit.

And the Wizard deckhands make $100k/year?! Holy shit! That’s like 3 times as much as everyone else

I’d say the juice is worth the squeeze on The Wizard. Keith is an ass, but the money is worth it. Nobody is up there to have fun. 

I’m rooting for Jake, but math is hard. Even after his off load, he has to drive the boat from St Paul to Kodiak. As the crow flies, that’s a cool 662 miles. He was never going to make it home in time. 

I’m glad to see the fleet hit their numbers and got home safe. I was worried they’d get quarantined at the Seattle airport or something awful.

10 hours ago, Bobby Light said:

And the Wizard deckhands make $100k/year?! Holy shit! That’s like 3 times as much as everyone else

They had 3 times the quota of everyone else this year also.  All the other boats and around 300-400K and they had 1.5 million.

Edited by kevwun

11 hours ago, Bobby Light said:

Good end to the season. Ice pack fishing, Coast Guard rescue, captain squabbles, and got to see Jake Harris for the first time in years. You can tell he’s been through some shit.

Wasn't the 100K just for opie season?  I don't think it even includes what they make in king

21 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

I don’t think I understand how Harley setting monte down had the results it did. At worst, you’d think pots that close would split the crab. But wizard’s pots were there first for some amount of time, so how did they end up almost empty while southern wind pots were full?

Yeah that was strange. It could be editing/“dramatic story telling” or the crabs went after the fresher bait/ more heavily baited pots. 

I remember from a few seasons back that Keith doubled the bait in his set back pots when he saw that he was being potted down. 

1 hour ago, Pato del Muerto said:

I don’t think Casey is ...uh...on board...with that. 

Whenever there is a crab season, and if Jake is clean, there’s definitely going to be some friction. Obviously Casey won’t be welcome if the Harris Boys are running the boat. Unless Casey is Josh’s brother in law, he should probably buy/run another boat. 

Josh is going to give Jake a million second chances because they’re blood. 

On 9/23/2020 at 12:55 AM, RPM said:

I'm sick of the Harley drama.

I don't believe one bit of it.  It has to be prearranged between the boats.  With tens of thousands of dollars on the line, there would be massive fist fights back at the dock. Pull up next to a wade fisherman in any bay Texas sometime and see how that works out for you.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Goddamn. 

22 minutes ago, RPM said:

'DEADLIEST CATCH' STAR NICK MCGLASHAN DEAD AT 33

This was the guy strung out on heroin that Wild Bill chose over his own son. Wise choice there, Bill.

He struggled for years with addiction to alcohol and drugs ... it got bad enough he was suspended from part of Season 13 and ended up in rehab. It got so bad he said he was drinking a half-gallon of vodka and shooting up with one gram of meth and 2 grams of heroin in a single day. He tried hard to stay sober and said he was trying to inspire others to get clean.

The Medical Examiner and family tell TMZ ... Nick passed away Sunday in Nashville. The cause of death has not been determined.

41 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

I was rooting for Nick. He seemed like a good fisherman when he was straight. For once, Wild Bill will be sincere when they show him mourning for Nick. 

He wouldn't gaf if it was his son. Bill is a pos.