Borderlands 3

Storm the Field

Looking for something a little crazier? Okay, how about rifles that spawn fire-spewing volcanoes, or guns that grow legs and then chase down enemies while verbally abusing them? We’ve got those too. All of us at Gearbox are excited for you to get your hands on these weapons and bazillions more like them come September, when you’ll get to take the fight to the Calypso Twins not only on Pandora but on other planets throughout the Borderlands as well.

SWEET.

11 hours ago, Braff Zacklin said:

The Pre-Sequel didn't really grab me, but BL1 and 2 were tons o' fun. Will definitely check this out once it is cheap.

Same here, the Pre-Sequel (the one with handsome Jack and Tiny Tina or whatever right?) seemed like it tried a bit too hard to be random and funny but I enjoyed the first two. I did see that they're exploring cross console play so that would be pretty cool if they can get Sony to finally give in on that. I'll probably wait until after CFB seasons over to pick it up

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
20 hours ago, angelfacedmongoloid said:

For those with PlayStationPlus, the Borderlands Handsome collection is available for free this month

https://store.playstation.com/en-us/home/games/psplus

Thanks man. I just recently finished playing Borderlands GOTY for PS4 and was looking to pick up the Handsome Collection at some point. Last played Borderlands 2 probably 5 years ago give or take and never actually got around to playing the Pre-Sequel.

Downloaded last night and it looks great on PS4. 

• 2 weeks later...

I have been reading about the new level released and thought about downloading it. So much of what made the games so appealing in the first installments has been picked up by other developers. The shooting with a little customization, the skill tree that doesn't really change the game, the loot and the feedback loop of basically whack-a-mole enemies that just go down whatever your skill or character level is.

Anyway, I remember an extra game mode at the end of BL2 where they switched up the learning curve or gameplay loop and made all the enemies the same health and level as your character and their health and shields would recharge fast. It made every little group of enemies into a tactical chess match where you had to take down one guy at a time. I just thought it was funny for a few minutes.

• 2 months later...

I decided to go ahead and buy it on Friday since I didn't have anything to play at the moment.

It's a Borderlands game. Better looking than the previous versions, and they really improved the way the gunplay feels, but otherwise you know what you're getting into.

Edited by Storm the Field

• 2 weeks later...

I've been playing it non-stop since release. Like you said, it's more of the same (which is GREAT) with some good quality of life improvements, like auto-looting, the missed loot box, and fast traveling to vehicles. New scenery, new characters, same humor. What's not to love?

Edited by MillerEP