Fast Food/Fast Casual Restaurants Bracket

Vic Mackey

Not this shit again. I will never get Chick Fil A. Just yesterday I was driving through some suburban wasteland during lunch and couldn't believe that the Chick Fil A drive through is backed up all the way into the roadway. Who the fuck is going to wait 15 minutes for that garbage?
It's so god damn boring and overpriced. Any of you Chick Fil A fanboys have a palate that stopped developing in first grade. 
Not this shit again, but lemme go ahead and tell you my stance on CFA...
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Bullneck said:

And WTF is "Culvers?"

Anyone who thought Sbarro would make it out of the first round is an idiot.  Sbarro shouldn't even make the First Four.

I just noticed a new Culver's being built in RR on 79 just east of AW Grimes.

Been a long time since I had one but I remember it being pretty good.the-untold-truth-of-culvers-1525643652.j20110624-157809-culvers-collage.jpg

21 minutes ago, Liquor and Poker said:

You can still order off menu.  I do so every time I visit.  4 beef enchiritos sets you back $9 and cures any desire to eat at Taco Bell for 3-4 months.

The TB's in my area tell me no, been that way for 6 or 7 years now. Apparently you can order a smothered burrito with seasoned beef, minus sour cream, minus rice, sub red sauce, sub onions to get a similar result.

I don't want to go through some In-N-Out secret horseshit deal. Just give me my fuckin' Enchirito.

24 minutes ago, 6th Street said:

You probably have a weak stomach 

Yeah, I'm weak against E Coli and dysentery.  That place sucks the diarrhea out of my ass, too.  Would eat almost any 3-day-old gas station rolling hot dog over Culver's.

Speaking of gas stations, does Allsups still make those badass burritos?  Haven't been out that way in years, but those should be on the list.

I had a VEI-7 eruption from deep in my bowels on one of my first dates with the wife after a frozen custard at Sandy's. Ran lights along Congress and W. 6th like the Blues Brothers with the Illinois State Police in hot pursuit. Had there been an proliferation of electric scooters back then someone surely would have perished.

Never stopped me from going back because Sandy's rules.

On 4/3/2019 at 7:51 PM, Knoxtnhorn said:

Well, yeah.  But so is Cracker Barrel and it's not on there.  Also, lulzes at Dominos beating Torchy's.  It's just a dumb poll because it's obvious that certain places got votes because more people are familiar with one over the other.  Of course, I'm guilty for falling for it because this is my 3rd post on the topic.

Granted, I'm no fan of Domino's, but I don't get the love for Torchy's other than it's an Texas-based company.  Expensive and not that good, IMO.

On 4/4/2019 at 10:41 AM, smuggs said:

Taco Bell. Fuck the haters.

And bring the Enchirito back to me.

taco-bell-enchirito.jpg

tenor.gif?itemid=12502580

First time to Taco Bell - 1995- had an Encherito - shit  & puked for 12 hours afterwards.

Had a WB Sweet & Spicy Bacon Burger (no cheese) yesterday. Best fast burger on the planet.

Edited by Armybrat

7 hours ago, Steamboat1874 said:

I just noticed a new Culver's being built in RR on 79 just east of AW Grimes.

Been a long time since I had one but I remember it being pretty good.the-untold-truth-of-culvers-1525643652.j20110624-157809-culvers-collage.jpg

That's irrefutable video evidence I should order a Culver's sometime.  

I didn't even look and see if BurgerFI or The Habit were there but those are good as well.  

burger chain mostly in the midwest that has had an austin location since ~2002 at the latest, along with 10 other locations in texas. 

If you’re referring to the Braker Ln location, it opened closer to 99-00. I worked at circuit city at that time and used to go there regularly. Was a solid burger back then but haven’t been back in almost 18 years.

Just now, Stunns38 said:

If you’re referring to the Braker Ln location, it opened closer to 99-00. I worked at circuit city at that time and used to go there regularly. Was a solid burger back then but haven’t been back in almost 18 years.

that's the one.  all i knew is it was there in 2002.

• Like 1

On 4/5/2019 at 11:18 AM, Liquor and Poker said:

Yeah, I'm weak against E Coli and dysentery.  That place sucks the diarrhea out of my ass, too.  Would eat almost any 3-day-old gas station rolling hot dog over Culver's.

Speaking of gas stations, does Allsups still make those badass burritos?  Haven't been out that way in years, but those should be on the list.

That would be a good name for a band.

On 4/5/2019 at 2:27 PM, smuggs said:

I had a VEI-7 eruption from deep in my bowels on one of my first dates with the wife after a frozen custard at Sandy's. Ran lights along Congress and W. 6th like the Blues Brothers with the Illinois State Police in hot pursuit. Had there been an proliferation of electric scooters back then someone surely would have perished.

Never stopped me from going back because Sandy's rules.

Edited by Bullneck
  • Like 1

Penn Station got shafted by getting a 16 seed and drawing Chick-Fil-A in the first round.  They make some damn good fries and subs.

Also, White Castle over Burger King?  Neither are exceptional, but I've never thought "Man, I really wish I had some nasty sliders instead of this greasy Whopper."

On 4/4/2019 at 10:10 AM, MNLonghornFUKM said:

Chickfila is my number 1. It's not whataburger but holy shit is their service and staff worlds better than any fast food joint out there.

Clean, well staffed, never had a bad piece of chicken.. and chickfila sauce.

With a young child, my kid can run around in the playground while someone overly friendly brings me my food, refills my drink, and takes my trash away. If they take more than a few minutes due to normal fast food mistakes, they'll often give me a free breakfast. The bathrooms are clean, there's a nice and clean changing station, and I get to listen to instrumental arrangements of the greatest CCM hits. The workers aren't jaded and angry and the food is tolerable. It's number one by far for me.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:

Have yet to have Raising Canes. Need to try it one day.

For what it is, it's pretty good. Having as simple a menu as possible helps keep it fast and fresh. The sauce seems overrated to me -- I never dip chicken, anyway, so it seems kind of pointless. But the chicken is consistently good, and the lines move fast.

• Like 1

For what it is, it's pretty good. Having as simple a menu as possible helps keep it fast and fresh. The sauce seems overrated to me -- I never dip chicken, anyway, so it seems kind of pointless. But the chicken is consistently good, and the lines move fast.
Yeah, and the toast is superfluous. But the chicken is tasty.

15 hours ago, Walden Ponderer said:

It would be better if they had some gravy.

That sauce is basically mayo and ketchup with some paprika.

• Like 1