Chicken Fried Steak

Limp Brisket

9 hours ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

No shit.  Chopped steak is the crap I used to order for my kids so they could eat a “steak” when really they were just eating a hamburger patty

A properly seasoned chopped/hamburger steak is absolutely delicious when accompanied by perfectly grilled onions, brown  gravy and mashed potatoes.   

it is by no means crap.  

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 3

34 minutes ago, Trey3216 said:

A properly seasoned chopped/hamburger steak is absolutely delicious when accompanied by perfectly grilled onions, brown  gravy and mashed potatoes.   

it is by no means crap.  

I don't disagree but this is the chicken fried steak thread, good sir.

The salisbury steak thread is over there ----->

Swanson Salisbury Steak TV Dinner : r/nostalgia

• 4 months later...
I stopped for lunch at Schobels in Columbus on Thursday, they had CFS on the lunch buffet and it was very good.  $16.95 buffet included drink, dessert, homemade rolls, etc., and it was all good.
IMG_5316.thumb.jpeg.7bed6831eb0ec0da2827817e95a7079f.jpeg

The Schobels lunch buffet has been a damned good thing for a damned long time.
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, CatManDo said:

I stopped for lunch at Schobels in Columbus on Thursday, they had CFS on the lunch buffet and it was very good.  $16.95 buffet included drink, dessert, homemade rolls, etc., and it was all good.

IMG_5316.jpeg

Worth it just for the pie.  

3 minutes ago, Blotto said:

Is this buffet like a Double Daves eat until you feel bad about yourself  buffet? 

Yes it is.  There's a nice salad bar there too, but I usually skip it and go straight for the meats & sides.

57 minutes ago, Blotto said:

runforrest.gif.f36f903b8a957821d8b90e640e2acf86.gif

I will add that the buffet choices change everyday, so CFS is not always one of the selections.  If you’re planning to travel for lunch, you might want to call first to confirm.  Also, I believe the buffet is just M-F.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, CatManDo said:

IMG_5316.jpeg

Dang.  All those times passing between Austin and Houston and back and never knowing about this place.  I have the sads.

6 minutes ago, MalibuSheriff said:

Dang.  All those times passing between Austin and Houston and back and never knowing about this place.  I have the sads.

You took the words out of my mouth. 

Some Katy people at UT told me it was pretty solid. Good pie. But they didn't sell it well. Bad ass CFS and a buffet for 17 bucks would have grabbed my attention. 

12 minutes ago, MalibuSheriff said:

The 71 bypass around Columbus  was finished my sophomore year at UT so after that I would never detour through old 71 and stop at Schobel’s.  Before the bypass I hit it quite often.  

• Hook 'Em 1