2019 Rangers Astros Thread Of Hate

Vic Mackey

The scrappy rangers will go 81-81 and end up with another mid to late first round pick, hang their moral victory banner and open their new park saying "this is the year Odor and Gallo break it open" and they are 6 games over .500 again at the mid way point only to womp womp womp it to 81-81 again. Rinse, repeat in 2021.

4 minutes ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

The scrappy rangers will go 81-81 and end up with another mid to late first round pick, hang their moral victory banner and open their new park saying "this is the year Odor and Gallo break it open" and they are 6 games over .500 again at the mid way point only to womp womp womp it to 81-81 again. Rinse, repeat in 2021.

I think the Rangers finish in the 86-90 win range this year  tbh 

11 minutes ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

Gallo not doing it for you this year?  His WAR right now is higher than any Astro not named bregman. 

Edited by Pato del Muerto

3 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Gallo not doing it for you this year?  His WAR right now is higher than any Astro not named bregman. 

Lol cool story bro. Come back and talk when the full season is done and not talking his 51 game sample size. I’m sure he will do what he does every year and be close to that incredible .220 avg. but yea he’s better than any Astro. I’m sure teams would take him over altuve for an entire season body of work.

3 hours ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

tenor.gif?itemid=9304094

17 minutes ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

Lol cool story bro. Come back and talk when the full season is done and not talking his 51 game sample size. I’m sure he will do what he does every year and be close to that incredible .220 avg. but yea he’s better than any Astro. I’m sure teams would take him over altuve for an entire season body of work.

Did I say any of that?  No harm in giving a guy a little respect for a good first half. 

3 WAR in 50 games is good, right?

Edited by Pato del Muerto

45 minutes ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

Altuve has less than a third of Danny Santana’s WAR but yeah wow he’s such a stud! Def would want him in his decline phase over prime Joey Gallo

20 hours ago, TheFlagship said:

Altuve has less than a third of Danny Santana’s WAR but yeah wow he’s such a stud! Def would want him in his decline phase over prime Joey Gallo

Joey Gallo is batting over .210 for the first time in his life.  Maybe this "breakout" is legit and he's progressing from a Poor Man's Adam Dunn to a Regular Adam Dunn.

Jose Altuve is a first ballot Hall of Famer who just turned 29.

Of course you'd rather have Altuve over "Prime Joey Gallo."  Unless you're stupid.

Edited by TexArcher

32 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

Joey Gallo is batting over .210 for the first time in his life.  Maybe this "breakout" is legit and he's progressing from a Poor Man's Adam Dunn to a Regular Adam Dunn.

Jose Altuve is a first ballot Hall of Famer who just turned 29.

Of course you'd rather have Altuve over "Prime Joey Gallo."  Unless you're stupid.

Literally zero teams would choose Altuve, who hasn’t been an elite player since 2017 and is in decline, over 25 year old Gallo who’s an MVP candidate and plays CF.

Well maybe the Mets would. 

51 minutes ago, TheFlagship said:

Literally zero teams would choose Altuve, who hasn’t been an elite player since 2017 and is in decline, over 25 year old Gallo who’s an MVP candidate and plays CF.

Well maybe the Mets would. 

So you are stupid.  Noted.

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:

What do you expect? Houston is Aggy. So you get corny shit like this. Like T-sip and all the lame shit Aggy calls Texas. Oh and TU. 

And you're the same guy who posts "Asstros."  Ironic.

Look, y'all enjoy being within 7 games of Houston for a minute.  Thump your chests and talk your shit.  Have a little pride in your third place club.

But you know as well as we do that you're gonna run out of innings and the Astros are gonna win the division again.

1 hour ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

So the team with a World Series trophy is aggy and the team that missed a fly ball to win it all isn’t aggy? Lol ok. 

We have a winning record against you guys all time, and it isn’t even remotely close. The day you guys shrink that gap is the day you’re allowed to call us aggy. Until then, calling us aggy would be giving aggy WAY too much credit. The difference in our franchise is 1 game 7, and about 40 games head to head. Same amount of World Series appearances, 7 division titles to 9. Both teams have an all time winning percentage of just barely above .450. The only real difference is one game 7 in your favor, and a ton of head to head games in our favor. Let’s stop pretending like one franchise is so inferior to the other, because it just isn’t. Hell, let’s stop pretending like this is even a rivalry lol. We have no history together. We’ve been in the same division for 7 years. During that time, both teams have been good together for about 3 of those years. During that time we’ve either owned the Astros when we’ve had even teams, or we’re .500 against them with an inferior team on paper. So regardless of how y’all want to do this “no you’re aggy, no you’re aggy” dick measuring contest, it still doesn’t change the fact that our franchises have had a pretty similar trajectory over the course of our existences. Except for the 1 game 7 against the dodgers, and the 30 or 40 plus games that we lead this head to head series by.

This entire thread is stupid this year lol. We aren’t a real rivalry. The Astros are the better team on paper, and should be better. They were the World Series favorite coming into the year. We were rebuilding. Yet here we are, 6-6 against each other. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

Hahahahahaha I’ll take a World Series over a regular season record. That’s aggy as fuck and proves my point. 

I’m not saying I wouldn’t. But it’s one World Series. One. Does aggy have a better head to head record over us in anything that we’ve ever done? My point is this “no, you’re aggy” shit is so ridiculous from both sides, especially when both franchises have VERY similar histories. Nobody is aggy in this equation. Unless you want to factor in region. In which case most aggys are probably, in fact, Astros fans. 

12 minutes ago, youdunnf'dup said:

The difference in our franchise is 1 game 7, and about 40 games head to head. Same amount of World Series appearances, 7 division titles to 9. Both teams have an all time winning percentage of just barely above .450. The only real difference is one game 7 in your favor, and a ton of head to head games in our favor. Let’s stop pretending like one franchise is so inferior to the other, because it just isn’t.

Actually, it is.

The Astros all-time winning percentage is significantly higher.  They're about to win their 10th division title to the Rangers 7.  And they have a world championship.

And the gaps in all of these things are going to grow over the next 5 years, guaranteed.  The Astros are on pace to win 100 games in spite of a truckload of injuries.  And the minor league system is still loaded.  The Astros are going to be perennial contenders for several years.  And the Rangers aren't.  And deep down y'all know it, or you wouldn't be in here prancing around like giddy schoolgirls because the Rangers are actually within SEVEN games of Houston.

You said calling y'all aggy is giving too much credit to aggy?  Bullshit.  Aggy has a championship.  The Rangers are more like Texas Tech: a couple of very good seasons in an otherwise completely forgettable existence.

1 minute ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

Very similar minus the only reason we play 162 games and that’s to win a title. But yea basically the same. Lol.

Lol if you guys were some storied franchise with multiple World Series wins, I’d accept your argument a little more. You’ve won one time. Congratulations. But clearly you hate the rangers and y’all want this fake rivalry to be a real thing, so you have that to hang your hat on forever. I’m not even saying the head to head record is something to be proud of. But when you’ve beaten a team 40 more times than they’ve beaten you, and that other team has one more championship (one total), there is no aggy. It’s two average franchises.

Stfu, you act as if your the storied franchise by calling it a “fake rivalry” when your stories franchise hasn’t won jack shit that matters. The only people that think highly of the rangers are the ranger fans. If we offered up this argument to anyone with no dog in the fight you would hear Astros by far. But whatever makes you guys feel relevant. 

• Like 1

I just know there was one point where I rooted for both teams. I feel like a lot of people who grew up in Austin and/or SA in their late 20s and early 30s would say the same thing. I grew up rooting for Biggio and Bagwell just like I grew up rooting for Juan Gonzalez and Pudge. My main point is this entire thread is stupid. There is no rivalry between these teams. We’ve been in the same division for 7 years. I’d probably like the Astros if they were still in the NL. 

But I know idiots on both sides of this want to force this rivalry into existence. Neither team has any real history so we have to fabricate a forced rivalry.

4 minutes ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

Stfu, you act as if your the storied franchise by calling it a “fake rivalry” when your stories franchise hasn’t won jack shit that matters. The only people that think highly of the rangers are the ranger fans. If we offered up this argument to anyone with no dog in the fight you would hear Astros by far. But whatever makes you guys feel relevant. 

You’re*

and who is saying anything about offering up any argument to anyone else. You guys are clearly the better team right now. That can’t be disputed. It’s just funny that both sides try to force this rivalry into existence. Like, this isn’t Spurs v mavs v rockets. There is no history 

Edited by youdunnf'dup