2019 Rangers Astros Thread Of Hate

Vic Mackey

3 minutes ago, youdunnf'dup said:

I just know there was one point where I rooted for both teams. I feel like a lot of people who grew up in Austin and/or SA in their late 20s and early 30s would say the same thing. I grew up rooting for Biggio and Bagwell just like I grew up rooting for Juan Gonzalez and Pudge. My main point is this entire thread is stupid. There is no rivalry between these teams. We’ve been in the same division for 7 years. I’d probably like the Astros if they were still in the NL. 

But I know idiots on both sides of this want to force this rivalry into existence. Neither team has any real history so we have to fabricate a forced rivalry.

I’m amazed at how you try to minimize winning a World Series like it’s so easy yet the rangers haven’t done it. Makes sense.

3 minutes ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

I’m amazed at how you try to minimize winning a World Series like it’s so easy yet the rangers haven’t done it. Makes sense.

Well it would’ve been easy if Ron Washington made the defensive replacement that he made 90% of the year. God damnit lol. I think he was smoking a cig somewhere and forgot.

Edited by youdunnf'dup

46 minutes ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

If Ranger fans are aggy, like you say, they would claim the Astros' WS as their own. 

Edited by Horndog
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, TexArcher said:

And you're the same guy who posts "Asstros."  Ironic.

Look, y'all enjoy being within 7 games of Houston for a minute.  Thump your chests and talk your shit.  Have a little pride in your third place club.

But you know as well as we do that you're gonna run out of innings and the Astros are gonna win the division again.

Keep losing and it'll be closer than 7 games

5 hours ago, youdunnf'dup said:

We have a winning record against you guys all time, and it isn’t even remotely close. The day you guys shrink that gap is the day you’re allowed to call us aggy. Until then, calling us aggy would be giving aggy WAY too much credit. The difference in our franchise is 1 game 7, and about 40 games head to head. Same amount of World Series appearances, 7 division titles to 9. Both teams have an all time winning percentage of just barely above .450. The only real difference is one game 7 in your favor, and a ton of head to head games in our favor. Let’s stop pretending like one franchise is so inferior to the other, because it just isn’t. Hell, let’s stop pretending like this is even a rivalry lol. We have no history together. We’ve been in the same division for 7 years. During that time, both teams have been good together for about 3 of those years. During that time we’ve either owned the Astros when we’ve had even teams, or we’re .500 against them with an inferior team on paper. So regardless of how y’all want to do this “no you’re aggy, no you’re aggy” dick measuring contest, it still doesn’t change the fact that our franchises have had a pretty similar trajectory over the course of our existences. Except for the 1 game 7 against the dodgers, and the 30 or 40 plus games that we lead this head to head series by.

This entire thread is stupid this year lol. We aren’t a real rivalry. The Astros are the better team on paper, and should be better. They were the World Series favorite coming into the year. We were rebuilding. Yet here we are, 6-6 against each other. 

Being aggy has zero to do with W-L records.  Aggy is a state of mind.

People do not give one pinch of shit about the Silver Boot.  Did you hang banners up around the stadium over it?

I do think it's irony on a base level but it's a hoot that an ex-Astro helped keep the Rangers from winning a world series while an ex-Ranger absolutely hooked the Astros the fuck up in their World Series win.

On 7/13/2019 at 5:37 PM, Pato del Muerto said:

How about having a nickname for every player on the team?

Kinda like:

josh Hamilton- hambone

nelson Cruz- nelly

colby lewis- the snake

ron washington- powder nose

or moose antler or deer antler hands or whatever that gay shit and t-shirt was y’all made. 

Im sure y’all had more player nicknames than that but you high society franchise fans would never do that. 

11 hours ago, Beau Vine said:

The Astros should return the favor and send the Giants a mural of the 2017 World Series celebration to put in the visitors clubhouse for the Dodgers to see.

Giants win on Rangers field for their first WS in 56 years

Astros win on Dodgers field for their first WS in ever (in 56th season of play)

• Like 1

On 7/23/2019 at 6:51 AM, Rockethorn1978 said:

Kinda like:

josh Hamilton- hambone

nelson Cruz- nelly

colby lewis- the snake

ron washington- powder nose

or moose antler or deer antler hands or whatever that gay shit and t-shirt was y’all made. 

Im sure y’all had more player nicknames than that but you high society franchise fans would never do that. 

Don't forget The Big Chill (Mazara), Rougie (Odor), and The Condor (Ronald Guzman even though Chris Sale, who is actually good at baseball, already had it).

You turds enjoying 4th place?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...