Texas v. Lipscomb-THU, 6:00p-CDT

Guest Lobo

Didn't see a thread for this colossal showdown tonight at Madison Square Garden.  I think an NIT Championship, even in this day and age, is an impressive feat for this team given the challenges they've faced this year on and off the court.  Plus, you gotta root for them even if you're too cool for school, simply because it's fucking Lipscomb.  Fucking Pat Boone went there.  3,000 kids who practice two hours less a week than we do because of mandatory chapel time.  Although we are just 1-point favorites.

So here's to the Longhorns bringing back some kinda hardware.  

Wash away troubles, wash away my pain.

With the reign of Shakabalah

Wash away my sorrow, wash away my shame.

With the reign of Shakablah 

Ah ooh, yeah, yeah yeah

54 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

I thought Lipscomb was a cosmetics brand.  

We got this. TCU was the real tourney championship.  

Your mom uses LipCum 

22 minutes ago, Machinator said:

I guess it's appropriate they used Kerwin for the final game day image of the season.

D3PPDTBWAAIWZbm.jpg

Because his dumb ass is (partially) why we aren't in the NCAAs because his ass can't stop smoking weed during the home stretch? 

21 minutes ago, Fozzz said:

Folks, we stand on the precipice of history.  Tonight Shaka will achieve something that has only been achieved once in the entire proud history of Texas basketball.  

a win tonight portends an NIT dynasty 

3 minutes ago, TornACL said:

That's why you schedule those difficult non conf opponents, to sharpen your skills in preparation for the NIT.

Just saying don't be surprised if they win. They were the 1 seed in their conference and lost to 2 Liberty in the CCG who actually won their first round game over an SEC powerhouse. 

Lipscomb locker room tonight:

and David took a stone from his pouch and slung it at the Philistine.  Amen.  Let’s win this for all the little schools that never made it this far. 

It’ll probably work actually.  But I have to say the young guys on this team have benefited from these five games.  We came this far guys, the list of NIT champions the last 25 years is a decent list of programs.  The runners up, not so much.  Lipscomb can get their world changed some other time.