Texas v. Lipscomb-THU, 6:00p-CDT

Guest Lobo

9 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

Completely understand the sardonic celebrations, but it's also true that if you're playing then you play to win. Congratulations to the team for stepping up and showing out instead of getting their asses kicked then claiming it was because they didn't want to be there like a bitchass SEC football team.

This. We could have bitched out in round one because we weren’t happy to be in the NIT. Good job rallying and motivating them 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Machinator said:

Yeah, it's not like a play in team would ever make a run to the Final Four or anything.

Shaka Smart certainly wouldn't know anything about that.

I believe a play in team has gotten to at least the round of 32 every year since they began having high seeded at large teams play in it. 

23 minutes ago, Goo Punch said:

I'm gonna be at the bar at the Round Rock Olive Garden all night celebrating this championship season. How many scotches will it take for this championship buzz to come down? I don't know. You do the math, I'm doing the alfredo, and the hostess, in that order. Maybe both at the same time. Who knows. Anything goes when the Horns win a title.

Here's the Hostess......

giphy.gif

27 minutes ago, Steamboat1874 said:

Serious (hypothetical) question.....

Is winning the NIT better than making the NCAA Tournament and losing in the first round ?

No. But if you’re gonna get stuck in the NIT might as well just win it. 

38 minutes ago, Steamboat1874 said:

Is winning the NIT better than making the NCAA Tournament and losing in the first round ?

No.

But if we assume that Shaka was returning to Texas no matter the result, winning the NIT is more useful for the team than flaming out in the first round. Whether the coaches and returning players can build on this performance remains to be seen.

Edited by Machinator

11 hours ago, Goo Punch said:

I'm gonna be at the bar at the Round Rock Olive Garden all night celebrating this championship season. How many scotches will it take for this championship buzz to come down? I don't know. You do the math, I'm doing the alfredo, and the hostess, in that order. Maybe both at the same time. Who knows. Anything goes when the Horns win a title.

Here's the Hostess......

giphy.gif

How yah holding up this morning GP???  😀

5717440-1.jpg

Show off your team pride in this Texas Longhorns Burnt Orange 2019 NIT Champions Short Sleeve T Shirt! This Texas Short Sleeve Tee features a Texas Longhorns Mens Basketball 2019 NIT National Championship. Make sure everyone knows you root for the Longhorns with this Burnt Orange Texas T Shirt. Hook Em Horns!

29 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

5717440-1.jpg

Show off your team pride in this Texas Longhorns Burnt Orange 2019 NIT Champions Short Sleeve T Shirt! This Texas Short Sleeve Tee features a Texas Longhorns Mens Basketball 2019 NIT National Championship. Make sure everyone knows you root for the Longhorns with this Burnt Orange Texas T Shirt. Hook Em Horns!

Pass. Doesn't say #69!!!!

7 hours ago, Steamboat1874 said:

If you are a mid-major that has very little chance of ever getting past the first round unless something drastically changes in your ability to recruit, and you manage to do something outrageously unusual during the NIT that gets you a lot of extra publicity, then absolutely. If you are anyone else, no, not really.

On 4/4/2019 at 7:06 PM, Underdog said:

So, it's possible for the Big 12 to win the NIT Championship and the NCAA Basketball Championship?  Well, let's see.

Baylor Women in FF also. 

Ok...so far, so good.  Now if Tech wins, then the state of Texas owns basketball this year, and the Big12 is the best league.

10 hours ago, Cairn Horn88 said:

Ok...so far, so good.  Now if Tech wins, then the state of Texas owns basketball this year, and the Big12 is the best league.

Helluva game last night, that one stretch where both teams were knocking down shots was outstanding. 

I think so and Byrd had done a great job there.  In the last 16 seasons, he took Belmont to the post-season 13 times, including 8 trips to the Big Dance.  That's a 50% clip not even Shaka can best.  And Belmont did a lot of that out of the Ohio Valley conference, which is not exactly a cakewalk.

Good for Casey Alexander.  Sadly, somehow Shaka will turn this into negotiating leverage with our own Belmont Hall, "The Lipscomb coach got a pay raise and I beat him, why can't I get more money?"