Record Store Day 4.13.19

JNip

7 minutes ago, JNip said:

What are you buying? 

https://recordstoreday.com/SpecialReleases

Will buy:

- Noel Gallagher- Wait & Return EP

- Stereophonics- Live from Dakota (white)

- The Charlatans- Us and Only Us LP

- Rolling Stones- Big Hits LP green

Maybes:

- Queen-  Bohemian Rhapsody 7''

- Gorillaz- The Fall LP

- 13th Floor Elevators- LP

Is this Noel’s new full album? I’m a big fan of his so this would excite me 

Probably nothing since last year was a massive beating at Josey Records where I waited a long time to come away empty handed. The juice isn't worth the squeeze though I'd like to get that Crow and Lost In Translation soundtracks but I'll just see if some of my usual online place have leftover inventory. 

i remember standing in line at backspin records 10 years ago for record store day, then getting inside and it was like walmart on black friday. can't imagine how much worse it's gotten since then. never again will i get up early on a saturday for that shit. 

I always go to piranha get there early and usually get what I want.  Looking for a lot of the live items this year.  Green Day, billy Joel, Elton John, and Mumford also Weezer teal album.  Wanted stray cats single but it was canceled.

Your going to need to be there earlier than 7 .  They’re opening at 8 next weekend

Got there just a hour before last year and had no issues getting what I wanted other than the Type O release. I went and got in line at Breakaway which doesn’t open early and picked it up there.

This year, I really just want the Wax Trax documentary soundtrack since it comes with two tickets to a screening where Ministry is going to play a set of just Wax Trax era shit.

So looks like Jeff Tweedy is releasing WARMER on RSD... a follow-up to last year's WARM, which I really liked.

I've never gone early on RSD so have no idea if I'll be able to get this or not... the release said they pressed 5,000 copies for RSD... no idea how rare that is / how likely I would get it.

4 hours ago, oSuJeff97 said:

Thanks. We have a Josey Records in Tulsa and also there's another pretty big local store here called Starship along with a few smaller Mom & Pop type places.  I'm hopeful that between Josey and Starship I'll be able to acquire one.

A lot of record stores will publish on their webpage/facebook which RSD releases they'll have. Not all stores get all releases.

Stood in line for about 30 min at 11:30 at End of an Ear. It was raining pretty hard, but no one seemed to be discouraged. Power was out in the store, so no lights and no music for about 45 minutes.

Picked up the Lightnin Hopkins RSD release and a used copy of Wilco's Star Wars. My 16 y/o son wanted the Rush RSD release of Signals, but there were none to be had. He picked up a used 200g pressing of Fly By Night and was pretty pleased.

Happy Record Store Day, everyone!

Went to Waterloo Records at noon, grabbed every album that I wanted and left. No line, easy. Saw that a few of the albums were gone but the ones that I wanted were still there. 

Super pumped. Even bought a Louis Armstrong Disney vinyl for whenever I have kids. 

Edited by JNip

14 hours ago, Noah Fence said:

I picked up the Townes Van Zant double album of his greatest hits.  I think I was more pleased to find a copy of Jerry Jeff's Ridin' High for $1.   

I seriously thought about grabbing this but passed on it.  How is it?