Things not going well for Britney Spears

Parliament

https://people.com/music/britney-spears-taking-me-time-amid-father-jamie-health-battle/

The star posted a picture of a quote which reads “Fall in love with taking care of yourself, mind, body, spirit” on Instagram on Wednesday, along with the caption: “We all need to take time for a little ‘me time.’ :)”

A source tells PEOPLE exclusively that the singer checked into a facility for “all-encompassing wellness treatment.”

According to another source close to the family, “Britney just needed to focus on herself” as she cares for her father Jamie after his “life-threatening” colon rupture, the source confirms.

“Her dad being sick has taken a toll on her,” the source tells PEOPLE. “He nearly died and actually had another surgery a few weeks ago. He’s not doing well. They’re so close and it has been a lot. There is nothing dramatic going on with her — she just realized she needs to make sure to take time to care for herself.”

Is that the loonie bin?

10 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Yeah, she must be exhausted from all of those 14 hour shifts down at the steel mill. 

She seems like she works pretty damn hard based on the nightly shows and the constant practice and ass kicking workouts

All that said we already have a thread for this.  It's really great, it's got pictures and everything

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Surly Bevo said:

She seems like she works pretty damn hard based on the nightly shows and the constant practice and ass kicking workouts

All that said we already have a thread for this.  It's really great, it's got pictures and everything

Didn't know she was on the Vegas circuit. Good for her. 

17 minutes ago, Surly Bevo said:

Is she out there killing herself on the recruiting trail too?

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

my gosh, she has really been thru hell, and a lot of it not her own doing.

https://variety.com/2021/music/news/britney-spears-full-statement-conservatorship-1235003940/

the statement is all over the place, but it honestly reads like an uneducated, naive, not very bright country girl pleading for help with something way bigger than she is equipped to handle. (for some reason VY comes to mind 🤔)

her family is shit. i wonder if her sister can/would help her? i guess it's hard to know how much is real vs. imagined (aka mental illness)...but it sure sounds sincere. either way, it sounds like she's got nobody that she trusts except the court. that's a terrible way to live. i feel sorry for her. 

18 minutes ago, mchookem said:

the statement is all over the place

And she was reading it which means she had time to prep.  And even more, she was going through it like she was on coke and even after asking to slow down, she still read at the same speed.  All that said, it's her money, she earned it, she should be able to Amy Winehouse it if she wants.  

i mean yeah, but it sounds like she's literally got someone watching her 24 hours a day. unless someone is slipping her speed/coke on the d/l, or she's been prescribed some shit screwing with her mind. both scenarios seem feasible.

14 hours ago, mchookem said:

my gosh, she has really been thru hell, and a lot of it not her own doing.

https://variety.com/2021/music/news/britney-spears-full-statement-conservatorship-1235003940/

the statement is all over the place, but it honestly reads like an uneducated, naive, not very bright country girl pleading for help with something way bigger than she is equipped to handle. (for some reason VY comes to mind 🤔)

her family is shit. i wonder if her sister can/would help her? i guess it's hard to know how much is real vs. imagined (aka mental illness)...but it sure sounds sincere. either way, it sounds like she's got nobody that she trusts except the court. that's a terrible way to live. i feel sorry for her. 

I made it about 1/3 of the way through that transcript. That does not reflect the thought processes of a rational person. She’s probably not any crazier than the average dysfunctional person you run across in a homeless shelter, but she’s not quite right either. 

I’m not sure what the answer is. Without supervision and someone looking after her affairs, she probably ends up like Delonte West. But isn’t that her choice to make?

• 1 month later...
1 minute ago, Pig Bellmont said:

Yes but he’s wanting to simply give way to a new conservator rather than dissolve the situation entirely.  Not quite the happy ending just yet, if I’m reading things correctly 

That is correct.  But her dad has been paying himself more than she gets, and she is paying him for the privilege.  It is fucking disgusting.  This is a good first step.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

That is correct.  But her dad has been paying himself more than she gets, and she is paying him for the privilege.  It is fucking disgusting.  This is a good first step.

That’s not really technically true as she bought a 7 million dollar house in 2017..  She gets 2k a week for fun spending cash but I’m sure her bills are much much more then that.  Now his pay was pretty damn steep but I bet there’s a lot that goes into managing everything and I bet the pay is comparable to other estate managers.  They remove the conservator deal totally and don’t put someone else in charge long term I predict another epic meltdown as I don’t think she’s really capable of handling her own shit or taking her meds.  Dudes being a bit over vilified I’d say.  

Edited by Hook1997
  • Like 1

Her dad did the right thing by securing her shit after she melted down. But he should have spent a few years getting her back on track and then handed things back over to her and a management system of her choosing. Ensuring that yourself, the no-show mom and the dumbfuck little sister stay on the gravy train for 15 years is bullshit. That's ultimately Britney's decision to make.

1 hour ago, Hook1997 said:

That’s not really technically true as she bought a 7 million dollar house in 2017..  She gets 2k a week for fun spending cash but I’m sure her bills are much much more *then* that.  Now his pay was pretty damn steep but I bet there’s a lot that goes into managing everything and I bet the pay is comparable to other estate managers.  They remove the conservator deal totally and don’t put someone else in charge long term I predict another epic meltdown as I don’t think she’s really capable of handling her own shit or taking her meds.  Dudes being a bit over vilified I’d say.  

Got damit its fucking 'than'. Not 'then.'

My apologies if it was autocorrect but that one drives me fucking nuts/rant

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hook1997 said:

That’s not really technically true as she bought a 7 million dollar house in 2017..  She gets 2k a week for fun spending cash but I’m sure her bills are much much more then that.  Now his pay was pretty damn steep but I bet there’s a lot that goes into managing everything and I bet the pay is comparable to other estate managers.  They remove the conservator deal totally and don’t put someone else in charge long term I predict another epic meltdown as I don’t think she’s really capable of handling her own shit or taking her meds.  Dudes being a bit over vilified I’d say.  

The point is, it is her fucking money.  She shouldn't be compelled to give it to anyone.  Yeah, she had a meltdown, and needed help then.  But for 13 fucking years?!?

2 hours ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

The point is, it is her fucking money.  She shouldn't be compelled to give it to anyone.  Yeah, she had a meltdown, and needed help then.  But for 13 fucking years?!?

Have you not seen a thing she’s said, posted or done the last year?  She nuttier than a squirrel turd.  The best thing for her is that someone manages her money (She bought a 7 million dollar house I don’t think the restrictions are too stiff they stop her from doing stupid shit)  for the rest of her life and a group with her best interest in mind baby sits her.  She couldn’t figure out how to get out of her own bathroom for hours a couple weeks ago…..

Edited by Hook1997
  • Haha 1

In America you have the freedom to choose not to wear a mask and infect everyone you come in contact with, but if you want to waste your own hard earned money you're deemed to crazy to take care of yourself and other people get to waste your money.  I would love to be in charge of auditing her father's management of her estate.  I bet I would find a lot of very shady shit.

Edited by NeverMarryAStripper
  • Hook 'Em 2

15 minutes ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

In America you have the freedom to choose not to wear a mask and infect everyone you come in contact with, but if you want to waste your own hard earned money you're deemed to crazy to take care of yourself and other people get to waste your money.  I would love to be in charge of auditing her father's management of her estate.  I bet I would find a lot of very shady shit.

Maybe. But BS is practically a potato. The question has always been is she coherent enough to make a reasonable decision regarding her care and that is very much still in the air. Her lawyers likened her to a “coma patient” in court. Everyone involved in her case agrees she is incapable of running her life. She in fact still has communication and evidently meets with those 2 guys who where heavily drugging and raping her while the entire world watched back in 08. It’s unfortunate that her entire family has and is using her as a check card, but if you’re in that state that’s pretty par for the course. Her claiming she wants another child is legitimately ridiculous. 

• Hook 'Em 1

• 9 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...