Terminator 27: Dark Fate -- Nov 2019

Patrick Bateman

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Went to Alamo tonight for what was billed as a free screening of Terminator 2. Turned out to be a surprise premiere of Dark Fate.

Really solid action movie. Some 80's corniness (in dialogue and some of the acting) but much more reminiscent of the first two movies that all the rest. 

• Like 2

On 4/5/2019 at 6:03 PM, Drew said:

It's crazy...there are times that girl looks like absolute smoke...then other times where she looks like a dude.  Strange

She was pretty hot for the most part in Halt and Catch Fire.

Maybe more sexy than hot.

Edited by Nole-4-Life

11 minutes ago, Nole-4-Life said:

She was pretty hot for the most part in Halt and Catch Fire.

Maybe more sexy than hot.

Yeah I get that for sure. She's definitely not everyone taste, but I would call her sexy in most things I've seen her in.

17 hours ago, DanRydell said:

Went to Alamo tonight for what was billed as a free screening of Terminator 2. Turned out to be a surprise premiere of Dark Fate.

Really solid action movie. Some 80's corniness (in dialogue and some of the acting) but much more reminiscent of the first two movies that all the rest. 

That's pretty awesome...why can't that shit happen to me, lol.

But it's good to hear it's more like the first 2 and pretty good.

I'm gonna see it. I know Linda. First time I met her was about 7 years ago at my wife's great aunt's house in Algiers Point, they were close friends until Aunt Carol died a few months ago. Visited with her for about 15 minutes before I had the sudden realization that "my neighbor Linda" was Linda Hamilton.

I saw it about a week ago. I thought it was pretty disappointing.

It trades heavily on nostalgia (kinda like TFA) but the nostalgia didn't play that well for me. The new ideas it attempts to introduce feel uninspired and/or rehashed. Linda Hamilton is just not very good. The one-dimensional angry badass act was easier to pull off at 30 than it is at 65.

The beauty of the first two was in their simplicity. The filmmakers had to overcomplicate the story a bit to work in Linda and Arnold. Results are mixed. Arnold's character and situation borders on parody.

Mackenzie Davis seemed perfect for a Terminator movie. I was excited about her casting. She was the lone bright spot and did the best she could. Natalia Reyes ("Dani") is forgettable. The new terminator is Robert Patrick redux. A less good imitation. This was probably the biggest disappointment - it's billed as a "proper" Terminator sequel but doesn't really introduce any new cool new ideas for the Terminator character. It's basically the T-1000 with a few upgrades. Meh.

Drewer your expectations.

I saw it and it was a completely satisfying movie with good pacing, fun action, and just enough Ahnold humor.  I had low expectations after Salvation and Genysis, so this was a pleasant surprise.  Is it visionary like T1?  Nope.  Is it groundbreaking like T2?  Nah.  It's just your basic Sci-Fi action flick with enough nostalgia to make it work. The plot is a total recycle of T2 but they do a good enough job of veering off to give it it's own alternate time line.  It's the TFA of the Terminator world.  Less filling the first 2 but still enough meat to make satisfying.  It's also amazing that Linda Hamilton has been MIA for 20 years and she walks right in and way more appealing and interesting than Emilia Clarke was in the last iteration.  Here's the little secret about Khaleesi.  She's a pretty one note actress.  Also, everyone will be happy with the Edward Furlong cameo.  Decades too late.

Edited by Patrick Bateman

On 11/3/2019 at 9:18 PM, RPM said:

On track to lose over $120 Million. The franchise is officially dead.

it’s because of the damn female terminator cyborg thing.  instant punch-out for the majority of the fan base and just fucking stupid pandering to god knows whom.  if they wanted to cast her as the love interest who cooks meals for and nurtures the man who is doing all the heavy lifting, fine. 

Get woke go broke. This is the end of the Terminator series and all these shitty sequels we never asked for. T3 was meh, but watchable. Salvation was underwhelming. Genisys was an abomination and this is the worst of them all, by far. Going R and bringing back Linda Hamilton and James Cameron couldn't save this franchise. I couldn't believe they were making yet another Terminator film after Genisys. Fortunately it'll be the last after flopping in the box office.

13 minutes ago, longhornmatt said:

They should just re-release T2 in theaters periodically.   Say they have digitally enhanced the effects with the latest CGI or whatever bullshit they want to hype it.  They might actually make some money.  If your only play is nostalgia, just convince the people to make an event out of the movie that actually produces that nostalgia instead of spending $500,000,000 on a shitty rehash that shows Arnold and Linda Hamilton as old people.

An "HD Remastery" or whatever, WITH NONE OF THE CGI CHANGED, would make money. It's incredibly how well the CGI in that movie has held up.

I didn't go see this because I thought T2 was supposed to make Judgment Day not happen and it's tiresome that they keep going to the well for how it's still going to happen. Just another unnecessary sequel where they switch out Robert Patrick for someone new and add another "good" Terminator to help the good guys. The formula for this franchise is stale. 

On 11/6/2019 at 8:13 AM, Chad said:

Get woke go broke.

yes.

https://mobile.twitter.com/RebelofVKulla/status/1191111626738548737

ridiculously stupid by the producers.  just unfathomable.  how do they have jobs?  no better way to take a whole bunch of money and just flush it down the shitter.  all they had to do was have big meathead good guys vs big meathead bad guys with lots of gratuitous violence and a few arnold one-liners and this would have been awesome and made a billion dollars.  instead they have to take a bunch of fucking women and try to convince us that they would serve some sort of tangible purpose beyond making sandwiches for the men actually saving the world.  good god hollywood can be retarded.