Conroe commute

My Longhorn graduate is starting a new job this summer in The Woodlands, and is thinking about living in Conroe as apartments appear to be a little less expensive. That of course means driving I-45 to and from work daily. What is the traffic like for that commute? Hook'em!

I have a couple recent grad friends who work in The Woodlands... 

Most live near the Waterway/Market Street area... Is it going to be like living in Midtown? No... But are there at least a couple bars you can go to happy hour at and not feel completely out of place, yes. 

1 hour ago, fwtxbevo said:

My Longhorn graduate is starting a new job this summer in The Woodlands, and is thinking about living in Conroe as apartments appear to be a little less expensive. That of course means driving I-45 to and from work daily. What is the traffic like for that commute? Hook'em!

Good area if he wants to bang type country MILFs

Never been North of Research Forest and 45 for my commute. So can’t speak to how that Northern commute looks currently.

With the new XOM campus 45 S, and the pinch points for 99 and Hardy can all suck pretty hard from 4:30-5:45.

I would echo if this is a permanent position, I think a young person would find more peers and entertainment in the Woodlands > Spring > Conroe, but that’s just a guess.

What Chrispy said.  The I-45 part of the drive shouldn't be too bad unless there is a wreck or it's raining.  I would echo what many have said about living "downtown" in The Woodlands.  If he\she can afford it, I would recommend they live there. There are quite a few decent options for "nightlife" downtown.  Of course, it will be a mix of some singles, 40 year old couples , and Mexican Nationals rather than solely young professionals but there are some good places to hang out.

• 2 weeks later...

Cant help with the commute but as someone that grew up in Conroe many years ago, I can't imagine being a young single college grad there.  Maybe if you just left college station it'd be ok, but not Austin.

It cant be that much more expensive to just get an apartment in the Woodlands, and whatever it is the time, gas and uber fees on the weekends will more than make up for it.  Plus you don't have to live in Conroe.   

1 hour ago, luke duke said:

I’m sure that your son can figure his commute out on his own.

To be fair, op seemed to be very careful to be gender neutral in description so I assumed it was a daughter.  It's why i avoided explicitly saying that the pussy in the Woodlands would be much better.  Unless the daughter's into that, nttiawwt.

On 4/13/2019 at 6:33 PM, Not a cat said:

To be fair, op seemed to be very careful to be gender neutral in description so I assumed it was a daughter.  It's why i avoided explicitly saying that the pussy in the Woodlands would be much better.  Unless the daughter's into that, nttiawwt.

Sounds like something a cat would say.