Hustle Never Sleeps - The Oscar Giles Story

closetojumping

• 1 month later...
9 hours ago, maninblack said:

Whats his new burner handle going to be

Hahahahaha. Knowing that fucktard, I’m going with HornInVA. ill let you know when I start getting Meh bombed. 

seriously fuck that cunt, neg bombing him off this site was probably a top 5 enjoyable moment for me. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

44 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Hahahahaha. Knowing that fucktard, I’m going with HornInVA. ill let you know when I start getting Meh bombed. 

seriously fuck that cunt, neg bombing him off this site was probably a top 5 enjoyable moment for me. 

It was a nice little valentines present from @closetojumping wasn't it?

VAHorn-Rep.png

1 hour ago, Viper said:

It was a nice little valentines present from @closetojumping wasn't it?

VAHorn-Rep.png

I've never done anything like that before, but man, I enjoyed the hour it took me to go through and neg that piece of shit the 120 times it took to get him to banination. Got tired of his fucking years of bullshit and Sydney mentioned the neg pleasure he was deriving, so I joined the pettiness. Fuck that fucking guy. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

• 1 month later...

Thx for this Giles nugget @Hornsfan91  

MORE JORDON THOMAS 

It happened a little sooner than expected and that's the only surprise.  It seemed for the longest time that Texas had a great shot at Thomas’ services. He instantly bonded with DL coach Oscar Giles and loved the family atmosphere. Give the Horns' staff credit for getting in on him early.

LSU, OU, Texas A&M, and others were among his many scholarship offers, but at the end of the day this kid was never going far from home. A&M's Terry Price made a credible push, but over the last four months it seemed the burnt orange was his silent leader. His main reason for committing to Texas?

"One of the reasons was the state on my chest, family on my back," Thomas told Inside Texas. "Always family."

After missing his junior year to injury, Thomas is healthy and ready to finish his high school career strong.  "I'm working to get better on my football technique and better awareness with my eyes," said Thomas. "I just want to get better."

A big factor was his grandfather, who Thomas lives with. I'm told he was a big fan of Texas once he visited campus last February, and is very fond of Giles and the UT staff. What type of player will the Longhorns be getting in Thomas?

"Humble and hungry, with ruthless aggression," Thomas said.

His high school coach, Brian Morgan, just gushes over his 2021 talent. Great kid, high character, and hard worker are attributes you hear the most. Texas just got a junkyard dog that won't complain, will be versatile enough to play a few spots on the defensive line, and is only hungry for success. Giles, keep Gilin'.

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Thx for this Giles nugget @Hornsfan91  

MORE JORDON THOMAS 

It happened a little sooner than expected and that's the only surprise.  It seemed for the longest time that Texas had a great shot at Thomas’ services. He instantly bonded with DL coach Oscar Giles and loved the family atmosphere. Give the Horns' staff credit for getting in on him early.

LSU, OU, Texas A&M, and others were among his many scholarship offers, but at the end of the day this kid was never going far from home. A&M's Terry Price made a credible push, but over the last four months it seemed the burnt orange was his silent leader. His main reason for committing to Texas?

"One of the reasons was the state on my chest, family on my back," Thomas told Inside Texas. "Always family."

After missing his junior year to injury, Thomas is healthy and ready to finish his high school career strong.  "I'm working to get better on my football technique and better awareness with my eyes," said Thomas. "I just want to get better."

A big factor was his grandfather, who Thomas lives with. I'm told he was a big fan of Texas once he visited campus last February, and is very fond of Giles and the UT staff. What type of player will the Longhorns be getting in Thomas?

"Humble and hungry, with ruthless aggression," Thomas said.

His high school coach, Brian Morgan, just gushes over his 2021 talent. Great kid, high character, and hard worker are attributes you hear the most. Texas just got a junkyard dog that won't complain, will be versatile enough to play a few spots on the defensive line, and is only hungry for success. Giles, keep Gilin'.

spacer.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

And not a done deal, but great stuff from @RGBIII 

"Roach interview with Smith"

Clayton Smith is down to six. The four-star outside linebacker from Texarkana (Texas) High is ready to narrow down his field as he closes in on deciding what schools he will officially visit. Texas made the cut along with LSU, Oklahoma, Oregon, Florida State and Kentucky.

The Longhorns have been making Smith a priority since Chris Ash took over, and Smith is feeling the love.“I love Texas,” he said. “It’s the fan favorite. I’ve talked with coach Giles, coach Herman and coach Ash on several occasions. They’ve let it be known I’m the number one guy on the board. I just love them.”

Chris Ash has been a big factor in this recruitment with several ties to Smith and his family, but Smith said his relationship with Texas defensive line coach Oscar Giles really cements his interest. The staff is pitching Smith on being a hybrid pass rusher, and he said Giles gave him a clear vision for his fit on and off the field at Texas.

I love the way coach Giles broke it down to me with the role that I would play in their defense. To him it’s more than just football. You can tell he’s meaning business. He doesn’t just want me to come and just be an athlete at the University of Texas. He wants me to come, play at UT, go to the league and come back with a story to tell for the other people that were supposed to go to Texas. The way he broke it down to me, he has a vision. He made that really clear.”

Smith wants to take his visits before making his decision public at the All-American Bowl. He will have to cut one school off this list to fit all of his visits in, and he knows of four schools that will definitely get visits as of now.

“I want to take all of them, but I haven’t really decided which ones I’m going to take. I know Oregon, LSU, Texas and Oklahoma will get visits right now,” he said.

At 6-foot-4, 220 pounds, Smith is ranked as the No. 8 outside linebacker in the nation and No. 16 overall prospect in Texas, according to 247Sports Composite.

Edited by LTtxfan
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, Fondren & Main said:

So, it’s hilarious that we have this thread but none for Drayton.  Giles seems to be recruiting quite well.  And, once his guys were given the chance to actually rush the passer they demolished a top ten team.

@golfclap and his omniscient hatred of Stan Drayton cannot be contained by one simple thread. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Giles is a fantastic coach.  Terry Price was also eating his lunch when he first got to Texas.  Since then, we've had TWO DPOY for the Big 12 that have shown success in the league.  With the new scheme, scouts taking notice at our DL talent, and him closing on Broughton, Collins, Sanders... he's turned himself into one of the more valuable coaches on our staff.  Parents also seem to like him.   If we can get Ossai and Coburn (both elite talents) drafted in the 1st round, DL recruiting is going to be fun.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, victory88 said:

Giles is a fantastic coach.  Terry Price was also eating his lunch when he first got to Texas.  Since then, we've had TWO DPOY for the Big 12 that have shown success in the league.  With the new scheme, scouts taking notice at our DL talent, and him closing on Broughton, Collins, Sanders... he's turned himself into one of the more valuable coaches on our staff.  Parents also seem to like him.   If we can get Ossai and Coburn (both elite talents) drafted in the 1st round, DL recruiting is going to be fun.

so every single one of u just conveniently forgets that herman assigned carrington to help giles recruit.......its no coincidence why giles started landing recruits all of a sudden when carrington got involved 

• Fuck You 4

6 hours ago, The Earl of Texas said:

Surly: “I hate Giles bc this website tells me to. He sucks.”

Also Surly: “Yeah but amid all your hating you didn’t notice he’s doing a good job.”

Surly: “EXCUSES”

I resent being lumped in with Captain Thot-for-brains

• Haha 1

On 6/17/2020 at 2:20 PM, winslow said:

so every single one of u just conveniently forgets that herman assigned carrington to help giles recruit.......its no coincidence why giles started landing recruits all of a sudden when carrington got involved 

what's your sophomore 5* cousin-in-law's take on Giles?

• Like 1

On 6/17/2020 at 9:09 AM, Fondren & Main said:

So, it’s hilarious that we have this thread but none for Drayton.  Giles seems to be recruiting quite well.  And, once his guys were given the chance to actually rush the passer they demolished a top ten team.

image.jpeg      

OG is laughing about this thread... 

Edited by LTtxfan
  • Like 1

2YacpoE4_bigger.jpg     Oscar Giles     @OscarGiles95
25m
#Truth #Leadership Don’t just scroll through it. Read it three times and apply it to everyday situations.

Quote Tweet
7oTSrBXv_normal.jpg      Jon Gordon       @JonGordon11
5h
3 Truths About Leadership:
1. Leadership isn’t about gaining power. It’s about empowering others.
2. Great leaders succeed because they bring out the greatness in others.
3. You don’t have to be great to serve but you have to serve to be a great leader.

• 2 weeks later...