Hustle Never Sleeps - The Oscar Giles Story

closetojumping

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, CowboyFred said:

Hopefully Roach having a good rookie season so far (especially since he went undrafted) is something that we could sell.

Or it's more evidence of the perspective Princely U presented: "doesn't matter how good you are. NFL is dumb/lazy and you're less likely to get noticed playing in that conference"

Just depends on how you spin it, I reckon 

when oscar was recruiting my woo one of my woos coaches told a story of playing giles in high school & giles hit him so hard he broke my woos coaches facemask 

Haha, my buddie went to an oilers kids camp when he was a kid, former steeler wr was teaching it, told a story about how Bradshaw threw the ball perfectly into his chest on a play and broke apart his pads. Had a scar from it too.
  • Hook 'Em 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
10 hours ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

Ever since CTJ showed his ass on this thread, Oscar Giles has been on fire.  I'm thinking CTJ should write these kinds of screeds about every coach on staff.

How come he can still recruit?  Tom said they just print shit out and we can’t recruit.  

Oscar is probably bringing people in to watch film of Ossai while they eat hot wings together telling recruits “Look how good he is when he doesn’t have to cover CeeDee Lamb.  Can you believe that dumbfuck Orlando did that?”

• Haha 3

18 hours ago, Fondren & Main said:

How come he can still recruit?  Tom said they just print shit out and we can’t recruit.  
Oscar is probably bringing people in to watch film of Ossai while they eat hot wings together telling recruits “Look how good he is when he doesn’t have to cover CeeDee Lamb.  Can you believe that dumbfuck Orlando did that?”

tenor.gif?itemid=3975031

"Hot Wings" 🔥🔥🔥

Edited by LTtxfan
  • Hook 'Em 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
58 minutes ago, ClubWhatever said:

So training defensive linemen is the main qualification for being a DC.  Guess we know who Anwar’s source is now. 

Derek Warehime got an OC job after a three-year assistant coaching gig where his most notable accomplishment was destroying the Little family's bathroom. Coordinators have been hired on lesser resumes.

Be careful of "The Peter Principle" OG...

So someone likely got to Anwar to send a tweet to help OG get more recognition/money...

Fyi:  Texas paid $950k for DL Coaches in 2020

• Mark Hagen, defensive tackles, $550,000 (two - through 2021 season)
  • Oscar Giles, defensive ends, $400,000 (two - through 2021 season)

Top 10 DL Coaches Salaries (USAToday Coaching Salary Database)

1. Larry Johnson, Ohio State — $900,000
2. Rodney Garner, Auburn — $700,000
3. Joe Salave’a, Oregon — $650,000
4. Brick Haley, Missouri — $625,000
5. Odell Haggins, Florida State — $525,000
5. Tracy Rocker, South Carolina — $525,000
7. Todd Bates, Clemson — $515,000
8. Terry Price, Texas A&M — $508,000
9. Lemanski Hall, Clemson — $500,000
9. Freddie Roach, Alabama — $500,000

— Larry Johnson is the highest-paid coach at $900,000, but Clemson spends more on defensive line coaching than any other school at $1.15 million. In a related note, Ohio State led the nation in sacks and tackles for loss in 2019. Clemson did both in 2018, as mentioned above.