The Amazing Race 31

TrashMaster G

8 hours ago, Knoxtnhorn said:

Not a big fan of all the reality show peeps.  Hell, I watch Survivor and remember about 3 of the 8 that are on TAR.  I think I'd rather just have normal peeps over reality tv stars.

Same.  I don't mind an occasional all-star season, but don't really care about the reality crossovers. 

12 hours ago, Knoxtnhorn said:

Not a big fan of all the reality show peeps.  Hell, I watch Survivor and remember about 3 of the 8 that are on TAR.  I think I'd rather just have normal peeps over reality tv stars.

Yep.  I don't watch any of the other reality shows, do the people are meaningless to me outside of the TAR vets.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/5/2019 at 10:27 PM, Knoxtnhorn said:

I can tell the show has been hurting for ratings the past few years. They are trying anything they can to get more viewers. I wish them luck.

Missed the premier last night, but my DVR grabbed it for me, will watch it soon.

Edited by Captain Ron

2 hours ago, Captain Ron said:

I can tell the show has been hurting for ratings the past few years. They are trying anything they can to get more viewers. I wish them luck.

Missed the premier last night, but my DVR grabbed it for me, will watch it soon.

they should combine their show with naked and afraid

Pretty underwhelmed by the first episode. A lot of annoying teams from previous TAR seasons plus some BB/Survivor teams I know nothing about but seem obnoxious. Not sure why they couldn’t throw in a few of the more likable teams from years past.

The challenges were also weak - 2 needle in haystack situations followed by climbing a slippery hill that most people got immediately. That border patrol guy must feel like a real chump, especially after proclaiming himself to be in great physical condition.

As someone who has watched almost every season and missed TAR for over a year, this is a disappointing start.

• Like 1

Just now, UTPhil2006 said:

Lol at the results hinging on the whims of an elephant

I suppose so, though from what I could tell, those who did poorly weren't doing a very good job of voicing commands.  Rupert kept trying to sweet talk his, instead of simply saying "pai pai" as clearly as possible.  I was surprised he and his wife made it to the 2nd leg, even with the head scratching epic failure by the boarder patrol guys. 

I thought that was a pretty good leg.  Riding the elephant through the river looked cool and I even enjoyed them showing the dawn offerings to the monks.  I worked a startup in Thailand and almost every morning when leaving the hotel shortly after dawn to be driven to the plant, we would see the monks making their rounds.

1 hour ago, idigTexas said:

I suppose so, though from what I could tell, those who did poorly weren't doing a very good job of voicing commands.  Rupert kept trying to sweet talk his, instead of simply saying "pai pai" as clearly as possible.  I was surprised he and his wife made it to the 2nd leg, even with the head scratching epic failure by the boarder patrol guys. 

How could you be surprised they made it once the other team took a 4 hour penalty?  Rupert is not exactly a physical specimen, but I had no doubt he was going to get up that hill in under 4 hours.  Taking the penalty was such a pathetic, stupid, pussy move by the Border Patrol guys.  Once they made that decision, I was all about Go Rupert!  We don't need pussies who give up that easily on TAR.  Once he got to the top, I went back to rooting against him.  

42 minutes ago, Go Pokes said:

How could you be surprised they made it once the other team took a 4 hour penalty?  Rupert is not exactly a physical specimen, but I had no doubt he was going to get up that hill in under 4 hours.  Taking the penalty was such a pathetic, stupid, pussy move by the Border Patrol guys.  Once they made that decision, I was all about Go Rupert!  We don't need pussies who give up that easily on TAR.  Once he got to the top, I went back to rooting against him.  

I wasn't REALLY surprised.  The point is, I did not expect them to go very far, and they were my pick to go home first. 

I'm not a fan of non-elimination legs, especially when it seemed like a fair fight across the board, but I thought the Vietnam episode was strong.  I had a feeling it was going to be a non-elimination leg, but thought they might change their minds after the Afganimals moved out of last place near the end.  I'm pulling for Team Fun.

20 minutes ago, LonghornJones said:

I have no problem with some teams not helping other teams, but purposefully misleading teams for your gain is BS, and I hope it comes back to hurt the Afganimals.

It happens in pretty much every season, but I agree....unless it happens to a team I don't like. 

1 hour ago, idigTexas said:

It happens in pretty much every season, but I agree....unless it happens to a team I don't like. 

It does happen, but it's usually more a matter of not helping them.  This is beyond that.  They are telling teams who are going in the right direction that they are going the wrong way.   This isn't a "I'm not sure where it is" deal.  This is a "I know where it is and they are heading right for it, but I'm going to tell them they're going the wrong way" deal.  It's pretty genius.  And a total asshole move that I can't recall anyone else doing in the past.  Any team dumb enough to listen to them from this point on gets what they deserve.  Apparently there doing a u-turn this year that is decided by a vote.  That does not bode well for them.  

On 4/5/2019 at 3:34 PM, TrashMaster G said:

Starts April 17th.  Cast is a buncha reality tv (including TAR) vets. 

https://tvline.com/2019/04/05/amazing-race-season-31-cast-big-brother-survivor/

Welp, it started in Hermosa Beach, but that's about the only thing I can find to like about it so far. The constant recycling of reality 'stars' through this show is brutal. 

One team is pretty insufferable with their constant whining.  The other team is almost as insufferable, but they are just mean nasty bitches.  It was like they were doing a shtick in hopes of getting invited onto another reality show.  I was glad to see them go.  

12 hours ago, WBT said:

The whininess is worse than the bitchiness but I doubt either team was going to last very long

Damn you.  Now you are making me defend Rachel.  Rachel and her sister were extremely gracious winners.  I was shocked how sweet and complimentary they were being toward those two awful bitches.  To be honest, I think they were afraid of them.  And their response was to just talk about how awful R&E are and how much they hate them.  I think within hearing distance of them.  While they are not exactly likable, they didn't deserve that.  That's some next level mean girl shit.  

I will be glad when they are hopefully gone next week.  

Lol i thought Eliza was pretty hot on Survivor like 10 yrs ago. Now she is insufferable on this show. God what a whiny cunt. Goodbye and good riddance.

And i have always hated Rachel with a passion, but shit Eliza sucks worse than her and I don't even know how thats possible

"It's not like she (Eliza) grew up in a trailer park.  She doesn't ride these things."  Or something along those lines.  They also berated at least two different cab drivers over the first 3 episodes.  I can handle bitchiness, but I bristle when the dumbasses on these shows bitch at cab drivers or whatnot in other countries.

On 5/10/2019 at 6:58 PM, Scraps said:

Lol i thought Eliza was pretty hot on Survivor like 10 yrs ago. Now she is insufferable on this show. God what a whiny cunt. Goodbye and good riddance.

And i have always hated Rachel with a passion, but shit Eliza sucks worse than her and I don't even know how thats possible

Agree 100%. Eliza seems to be chasing some view of herself that just isn't in the cards. They went home because she couldn't drive a moped not because anything Rachel did. Rachel is easy to hate and is annoying but Eliza is just next level nuts. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Go Pokes said:

I wouldn’t call Rachel and her sister that. There are a lot of names that fit them, but that one should be reserved for Corinne & Eliza.

You don't have to call them that, but I'm going to call any team that messes with Team Fun whatever I want. 

6 hours ago, idigTexas said:

You don't have to call them that, but I'm going to call any team that messes with Team Fun whatever I want. 

Team Fun annoys me. From what I remember of their last time on, Becca is all cheery until things don't go her way and then she becomes very pouty. She seems pretty fake to me.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Did Mizzou415 make it over to the new site? Because he didn’t believe in “producer manipulation,” but I’m calling “producer manipulation “ on a non-elimination let happening just two legs after another. Powers that be didn’t want the Reilly Sisters going home. Then Janelle was a massive dumbfuck in Africa.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Vito Andolini said:

Did Mizzou415 make it over to the new site? Because he didn’t believe in “producer manipulation,” but I’m calling “producer manipulation “ on a non-elimination let happening just two legs after another. Powers that be didn’t want the Reilly Sisters going home. Then Janelle was a massive dumbfuck in Africa.

As soon as I saw it was Rachel and sister last I knew it would be a non elimination leg. Next week the speed bump will likely be an easy one to keep them in.