The Amazing Race 31

TrashMaster G

3 hours ago, Vito Andolini said:

Did Mizzou415 make it over to the new site? Because he didn’t believe in “producer manipulation,” but I’m calling “producer manipulation “ on a non-elimination let happening just two legs after another. Powers that be didn’t want the Reilly Sisters going home. Then Janelle was a massive dumbfuck in Africa.

Non elimination legs are predetermined.  The conspiracy lunatics only bring up that they are sure there is producer manipulation when it fits their narrative.

Why would they waste one on Bret and Chris?  What viewership do they bring in?   They are barely known to the casual viewers and have barely any following.  I like those guys because they are great on social media, but they had relativelya small roles on one Survivor season.

Also, doing a one-on-one competition on the next leg puts producer's ''favorites'' at huge risk of being eliminated.  Why even take that risk?  Is it really compelling enough TV to risk losing the sisters?  And why stop at thinking they magically saved them with a non-elimination leg?  Why not claim that the cameraman gave them the answer to how many steps were in that earlier challenge?  Why not assume they are just helping them along the way the entire time?  

It's almost as silly as thinking the producers helped Rick Devins find the immunity idol, because they show him finding it in 45 seconds.  They discount the possibility that others may have been looking for 3 hours and couldn't find it, and it is hard to show that in a 45 minute episode.

If TAR insists on bringing back All-Stars, they should have a season called "The Best of the Best".  Bring back teams that ran kick-ass races.  Not necessarily just winners, but teams that consistently ran smart and were super competitive.  Cut out the drama mamas.

THAT would be a fun season to watch.  But yeah, it'll never happen.

That said, this season is decent.  I find myself rooting for the Afghanimals and Colin & Christie.

30 minutes ago, TrashMaster G said:

If TAR insists on bringing back All-Stars, they should have a season called "The Best of the Best".  Bring back teams that ran kick-ass races.  Not necessarily just winners, but teams that consistently ran smart and were super competitive.  Cut out the drama mamas.

THAT would be a fun season to watch.  But yeah, it'll never happen.

That said, this season is decent.  I find myself rooting for the Afghanimals and Colin & Christie.

Colin & Christie - I am enjoying seeing a former TAR psycho be all zen now. 

The Afganimals are doing really shitty.  They just do something stupid every leg now that puts them on the brink of elimination.  They need to get their shit together quick.   

Team Fun - Always solid and almost never makes stupid mistakes.  Something really physical is about their only weakness.

Brett & Chris seem to have figured this game out.  They been solid that past 3 legs

Victor & Nicole - I'm shocked how good they are doing.  They can't seem to win a leg, but if they finally do and it's the final leg I won't be shocked

The sisters can just go away.  They aren't good at this and I'm tired of the whining.  

I'm hoping for a final of Team Fun, The Survivor guys, Victor & Nicole.  Man, I was rooting for Brittany & Janelle, but they really sucked at this game.  They just never got their footing.  

1 hour ago, TrashMaster G said:

Victor & Nicole have been a nice surprise.  And she's nice to look at.  Which is nice.

He was a comp beast on BB, and she won it all one of her 2 seasons so not all surprising they're doing good.  And yes nicole is hot.

Holy shit so much stupid in those 2 hours

1. The brothers are dumb as fuck yet talk so much shit. How can you keep getting answers wrong WHEN YOU KNOW THE QUESTION ALREADY. 4 you dumb bastards

2. So you are running up this staircase anyway why the fuck wouldn't you just count the fucking stairs as you go. Oh cause we googled it. Dumbass tyler and korey.

3. Janelle....i mean god damn.

There was plenty more but those stuck out to me

On 5/9/2019 at 11:02 PM, WBT said:

The whininess is worse than the bitchiness but I doubt either team was going to last very long

Still stand by this, even more so after last night.  Unfortunate that Rachel didn't go out the following week.

At least the scenery was gorgeous.

30 minutes ago, WBT said:

Still stand by this, even more so after last night.  Unfortunate that Rachel didn't go out the following week.

At least the scenery was gorgeous.

Rachel can go fuck herself.  I kind of feel like her sister is a decent person but I've been judging her guilty by association.  And the fact that I still would never want to spend 5 minutes with her.  I think she's told Rachel to stop talking multiple times this season (didn't work of course), so at the least we know she's a better person than Rachel (pretty low bar to clear).  Rachel made sweet little Nicole cry.   She's dead to me.  

The scenery was probably top 3 in the history of TAR.  I wanna go to Switzerland.  

edit:  Oh and as far as the whininess being worse than the bitchiness, Rachel took it to 11 last night.  This is where I should put the "why not both" picture  

Edited by Go Pokes
  • Like 1

I think they vote to u turn rachel because of the clip for next week. Her saying "thats a 1 million dollar decision" seems to be her telling the other teams "waaaah waaaah waaaah you voted for us and not the husband wife team"

We will see though.

She's right about that.  Why waste a U-turn on a non factor in the race.  They come in close to last every leg so they shouldn't last much longer.  The problem is, she is so awful they probably just want her to be gone so they don't have to deal with her. 

Elissa was on the BB season notorious for the racism and awful people, but was actually not a part of the shit, but on the opposite side of the assholes like Amanda and McCrae. She’s a much more likable person than her drama queen sister (though Rachel somehow has her diehards), and won the fan favorite vote at the end of the season. And when she doesn’t have her lips inflated like a set of Bridgestones, she’s hot as hell.

So, will every week be a non elimination? Enough already.

9 hours ago, Vito Andolini said:

Elissa was on the BB season notorious for the racism and awful people, but was actually not a part of the shit, but on the opposite side of the assholes like Amanda and McCrae. She’s a much more likable person than her drama queen sister (though Rachel somehow has her diehards), and won the fan favorite vote at the end of the season. And when she doesn’t have her lips inflated like a set of Bridgestones, she’s hot as hell.

So, will every week be a non elimination? Enough already.

My experiences with the two of them is motherhood has definitely chilled Rachel out over the past 5 years or so.. she was loud and boisterous the first couple times I met her but usually she's pretty calm and quiet now, and always makes it a point to say Hi at these things even though we don't really know each other.  Elissa, while calmer, is just meh.  Not rude or anything but very about herself.  She also used to be pretty attractive in my opinion as well but she's done so much work to her face it's offputting, especially her lips.

She won stuff in season and fan favorite because Rachel's fans and whatnot flooded the votes IMO

The beta male married to the hot milf gets on my last nerve.  "Hey.  Let's all hug and share our energy!"  Even my wife thinks he's a pussy.

Agree with y'all on the drama.  I'd rather watch competition and decision-making.  

Going to Europe next year.  I may have to alter the itinerary a bit.

On 5/31/2019 at 12:16 PM, Go Pokes said:

She's right about that.  Why waste a U-turn on a non factor in the race.  They come in close to last every leg so they shouldn't last much longer.  The problem is, she is so awful they probably just want her to be gone so they don't have to deal with her. 

Eh, you u-turn a good team, and then they may stay around.  U-turn a bad team and at least you know you're surviving the leg.

And agree, I wish there was more decision making and travel, less drama.

Eh, you u-turn a good team, and then they may stay around.  U-turn a bad team and at least you know you're surviving the leg.
And agree, I wish there was more decision making and travel, less drama.

Good point. Hopefully all the teams agree with you. They’re probably all pretty confident in their abilities. Cut the fat and let the real competition begin.

4 hours ago, Knoxtnhorn said:

The beta male married to the hot milf gets on my last nerve.  "Hey.  Let's all hug and share our energy!"  Even my wife thinks he's a pussy.

Agree with y'all on the drama.  I'd rather watch competition and decision-making.  

Going to Europe next year.  I may have to alter the itinerary a bit.

The “beta male” was one of the all time asshole alphas in show history when he ran the race back in Season 5. I don’t know how much of the New Colin is an act to rehab his image (not that many people would remember) or if he’s legit found ways to chill in stressful situations. But his evolution is clearly a main story arc. But yes, that doesn’t mean you and Mrs. Knoxhorn have to like it.

Speaking of Season 5, I actually went back and watched a few minutes of the first episode the other day. It was a pretty epic season, highlighted by Charna the little person. Someone upthread mentioned how teams had to beg for money. This season introduced stripping the last place team of all their money, so they had to beg for cash on the next leg. I always thought that was unseemly, Americans in a major TV production, begging people (some not doing so well) for money. I’m glad that ended.

Edited by Vito Andolini

5 minutes ago, Vito Andolini said:

The “beta male” was one of the all time asshole alphas in show history when he ran the race back in Season 5. I don’t know how much of the New Colin is an act to rehab his image (not that many people would remember) or if he’s legit found ways to chill in stressful situations. But his evolution is clearly a main story arc. But yes, that doesn’t mean you and Mrs. Knoxville have to like it.

Speaking of Season 5, I actually went back and watched a few minutes of the first episode the other day. It was a pretty epic season, highlighted by Charna the little person. Someone upthread mentioned how teams had to beg for money. This season introduced stripping the last place team of all their money, so they had to beg for cash on the next leg. I always thought that was unseemly, Americans in a major TV production, begging people (some not doing so well) for money. I’m glad that ended.

The guy can rehab his image without turning into Calvin from the movie Waiting.  

Agree about the second paragraph.  

20 hours ago, Go Pokes said:

There’s no way it’s an act. S5 Colin would not be able to keep it up this long. I’m glad for him personally because he was a psycho, but yeah, he bores me and I won’t be sad if they lose.

100%. He was a short fused hot head that would lose it and yell at his wife at the drop of the hat the first time they were on. Borderline verbally/mentally abusive. No way he would have been able to keep that under wraps for this long.

I don't like how much time they are spending on his 180 but it is good to see. 

On 6/6/2019 at 6:12 AM, Bosco said:

Bye, bitches.

On 6/6/2019 at 8:46 PM, TrashMaster G said:

Not gonna miss those overly dramatic bitches one bit.

agreed

On 6/7/2019 at 5:34 AM, idigTexas said:

Rachel has competed on 32 legs of the Amazing Race.  That is 32 legs that I have enjoyed much less than I would have if she had competed on zero.  I can't even enjoy watching her get sent home; she is that unwatchable. 

yep, I even fast forwarded through their speechifying after they hit the mat

Edited by WBT

I had a feeling that Team Bromance was the next to go.  I have a  hard time believing that the buried coins were really that difficult to find, but we'll never know, since no other teams even really tried.  I think any of the 5 reamaining teams could win, but it sure looks like Corey and Tyler have hit their stride.  I don't think they'll win, but still pulling for Team Fun.  

Previews showed the return of the bog pole vaulting challenge that proved very difficult for some teams several seasons ago.  Should be hilarious.  Now all we need is cheese wheel chasing, melon catapults to the face, and a little person in a suit of armor and the season will be complete.        

On 6/2/2019 at 12:23 AM, nolongerU2horn said:

Man, remember when a fairly big part of the show was the teams trying to figure out which flights to book to get to places before other teams?

You were saying?  Nice to see that for at least one episode, and glad it didn't cause anyone to finish last. 

23 hours ago, idigTexas said:

I had a feeling that Team Bromance was the next to go.  I have a  hard time believing that the buried coins were really that difficult to find, but we'll never know, since no other teams even really tried.  I think any of the 5 reamaining teams could win, but it sure looks like Corey and Tyler have hit their stride.  I don't think they'll win, but still pulling for Team Fun.  

Previews showed the return of the bog pole vaulting challenge that proved very difficult for some teams several seasons ago.  Should be hilarious.  Now all we need is cheese wheel chasing, melon catapults to the face, and a little person in a suit of armor and the season will be complete.        

yeah, assuming they put enough coins to cover each team if they tried that challenge, it should have been a cakewalk for the first team to get five.  But maybe the show intended a right and wrong binary outcome for those two challenges.  You pick this one and don't change immediately, you are effed.

4 hours ago, UTPhil2006 said:

Nice to see Nicole and Victor land before and dominate as a fuck you to Team Fun

Team Fun didn't do anything wrong...that was production manufactured drama.  If Nicole and Victor thought they were in front of a single line, they should have established that before it would have been their turn not whine about it after their ticket agent went on a break.  Considering how it worked out, they owe Team Fun a thank you.   

7 hours ago, UTPhil2006 said:

Nice to see Nicole and Victor land before and dominate as a fuck you to Team Fun

2 hours ago, idigTexas said:

Team Fun didn't do anything wrong...that was production manufactured drama.  If Nicole and Victor thought they were in front of a single line, they should have established that before it would have been their turn not whine about it after their ticket agent went on a break.  Considering how it worked out, they owe Team Fun a thank you.   

That scene hit upon one of my pet peeves in queueing situations.  There is no good reason for multiple lines.  There should almost always be a single line where the next in line goes to the first available window.  It is the only fair way to do it so people don't get fucked by picking the wrong line (slow cust service/moron in the line/super complicated transaction, etc.).

On 6/13/2019 at 3:36 PM, idigTexas said:

Yeah, I know the previews can be misleading but not looking good for Nicole on that challenge. 

On 6/15/2019 at 5:21 PM, TrashMaster G said:

That scene hit upon one of my pet peeves in queueing situations.  There is no good reason for multiple lines.  There should almost always be a single line where the next in line goes to the first available window.  It is the only fair way to do it so people don't get fucked by picking the wrong line (slow cust service/moron in the line/super complicated transaction, etc.).

Yep, I wouldn't have been nearly as nice but it did work out in the end for them. 

1 hour ago, TrashMaster G said:

RIP Team Fun

Yep.  Sorry to see them go, but you can't make unnecessary mistakes and expect to stay in it.

53 minutes ago, Go Pokes said:

I'm fine with anyone winning but the Afganimals.   I'm not enjoying them this go round and they've really sucked, so I don't think it's going to be an issue

This is pretty much were I am.  I haven't found the Afganimals to be quite as annoying this time, but that's because they haven't been winning, and thus not getting so much air time.  I'm not a huge fan of Corey and Tyler either, but they have acclimated to winning and aren't so obnoxious about it.   They are certainly racing well, and would deserve to win. 

2 hours ago, TrashMaster G said:

RIP Team Fun

Vic and Nicole were very lucky that Team fun made worse and more costly errors than they did. 

2 hours ago, Go Pokes said:

I'm fine with anyone winning but the Afganimals.   I'm not enjoying them this go round and they've really sucked, so I don't think it's going to be an issue

Agreed, I loved at the beginning of the episode when they said they were the top team they just haven't run a good leg for the last 9 or 10 legs. Um, yeah that isn't a top team that is you getting lucky there are worse teams out there. The fact that they ignored the clue saying the two boats were clearly in the canals (not out in the lake) was the kind of mistakes they have been making on a regular basis. 

Good season hopefully the finale offers more of the same.