The Amazing Race 31

TrashMaster G

On the one hand, that boat challenge was pretty cool, but on the other hand it was kind of shitty that they turned them loose to crash into other boats and otherwise get in the way when the canals were full of people out trying to have a good time.

I'll also be happy with any winners other than the Afghanimals.

Agreed, I loved at the beginning of the episode when they said they were the top team they just haven't run a good leg for the last 9 or 10 legs.

Reminded me of Matt Leinart saying they were still the better team, which I guess is fitting given that the Afghanimals are USC guys.

Agreed that I’m okay with any team winning except the Afghanimals. I think they play dirty and they are a weak team that makes stupid mistakes but gets lucky enough to avoid last.

On 6/20/2019 at 2:55 PM, WBT said:

On the one hand, that boat challenge was pretty cool, but on the other hand it was kind of shitty that they turned them loose to crash into other boats and otherwise get in the way when the canals were full of people out trying to have a good time.

I'll also be happy with any winners other than the Afghanimals.

yeah, I cringed when they slammed into that boat with the little girl.  

also, the afghanimals were huge pussies for not even trying to fix their engine.  "Well, we just boated through all this trash and debris, but I have no idea what could possibly be hindering the propeller from spinning.  I guess we'll just sit here"  I'm thinking it was show plant who biked up and fixed it for them.

I’m good with the ending. I started watching TAR around season 8 so I unfortunately didn’t get to see psycho Colin, but I thought this version of Colin and Christie was a good team, mostly positive with each other and other teams, raced hard, and deserving of the win. Not to mention the UT and Austin connection.

I also liked Tyler/Korey and Victor/Nicole, so basically anyone except the Afghanimals, which it worked out that way.

I'm happy with this ending.  Colin is an amazing asshole to zen guy story.  His wife was a fucking train wreck tonight, until she basically won TAR during the drum set assembly.  He kept talking about the angles of the drums and she was the one who figured out it was something small in the equipment.  When Colin had about a 3 second freak out, she calmed him down.  They are a really great team.  

12 hours ago, wild_turkey said:

Also, this cracked me up. A million dollars on the line.

fcc984135b1467e8f0122133dc6c7957.jpg

One thing I learned for sure this season was, when you're struggling with a challenge and nobody else really is, you're the problem.  Go read the fucking clue again!   

oh yay! Colin and Christie won...i didn't watch this season but i loved them in TAR5, the fights with Charla and Mirna were fantastic (Mirna spitting on the ground and cursing him in Armenian lolol) and they were one of the smartest teams to ever play the game. his breakdowns, particularly 'MY OX IS BROKEN!!' and the giant ostrich egg, made for great tv. i'm glad they got some redemption! 

10 hours ago, Go Pokes said:

I'm happy with this ending.  Colin is an amazing asshole to zen guy story.  His wife was a fucking train wreck tonight, until she basically won TAR during the drum set assembly.  He kept talking about the angles of the drums and she was the one who figured out it was something small in the equipment.  When Colin had about a 3 second freak out, she calmed him down.  They are a really great team.  

Yep.  She was the MVP.

I'm content with the outcome, and like most, am glad it wasn't the Afganimals.  I think CC deserved it just for completing the rowing challenge.  Victor and Nicole lost their chance when they did not immediately realize that they weren't going to be able to do it.  Some teams lose because they give up on a detour too soon.  Others because they didnt't give up soon enough. 

I thought for a while that it was going to come down to a shitty cab driver, which would have been very irritating.  I miss the last leg challenges that require them to remember everywhere they have been and in what order, but I guess there are only some many ways to spin that and keep it interesting. 

8 hours ago, TrashMaster G said:

It would be a lot of fun to be a crew member of this show, scouting locations, setting up challenges, following the contestants around getting video releases signed, etc.  I bet it's a travelling three ring circus.

During the tandem bike challenge, the overhead shots of teams and crews maneuvering around each other was a reminder of just how little you see the crew when all the teams are together.  It's really quite impressive how they manage to stay out of each other's shot 99.9% of the time.

So in the market, was Phil whispering on purpose so that those watching wouldn't spoiler stuff on social media?  He said something about needing to whisper.

I've stated before that the bugs would screw me out of finishing a Naked and Afraid challenge.  I'm not so sure the heights wouldn't screw me on the Amazing Race.  I'm entirely curious as to how I'd react to repelling face first with 1 mil on the line.

On 6/27/2019 at 9:29 PM, TrashMaster G said:

Yep.  She was the MVP.

It was nice she redeemed herself with the drum thing, but no way.  She almost cost them with her inability to work an ages 8-11 word scramble and was just along for the ride in the rowing challenge.

Overall it was a fun final two legs and an entertaining season in whole.  I'm also glad Collin and Christie won.

If i were on the show i would just sit there and watch the cameraman. During the drum thing Korey/Tyler couldn't figure what was wrong with that missing piece and the cameraman is two feet away staring at it on the ground. Kinda bullshit.

On 6/28/2019 at 11:37 AM, idigTexas said:

I'm content with the outcome, and like most, am glad it wasn't the Afganimals.  I think CC deserved it just for completing the rowing challenge.  Victor and Nicole lost their chance when they did not immediately realize that they weren't going to be able to do it.  Some teams lose because they give up on a detour too soon.  Others because they didnt't give up soon enough. 

I thought for a while that it was going to come down to a shitty cab driver, which would have been very irritating.  I miss the last leg challenges that require them to remember everywhere they have been and in what order, but I guess there are only some many ways to spin that and keep it interesting. 

Vic and Nicole would have had a shot had they stuck with the rowing. That was a rookie mistake. Especially with as well as Vic was doing and Nicole was actually doing better than Christie was when she couldn't even hold the oars out of the water.

The vault was cool but surprised they didn't have a memory game like they normally do on the last leg. 

For those that didn't see Colin and Christie the first time here is a little peak into how different he actually was in their first season-

By the way on trying to find the old videos I came across a reddit post from someone that was at the final task. It said that Colin and Christine left an hour before Tyler and Korey finished. Nice work by the edit team to make it look like they finished right after them. 

It also said that it took Colin and Christine an hour to do the drum kit set up and Tyler and Korey almost 2 hours. 

55 minutes ago, Go Pokes said:

How did she stay married to him long enough for him to change?  

Christie Woods

Integrated Sex, Love, & Relationship Coach

https://www.instagram.com/christiewoods1/?hl=en

Colin/Christie and Tyler/Korey were easily the 2 best teams. Tyler helped Colin/Christie at the end of the London leg with the clear intent to keep them in it and send Victor/Nicole home. Not sure his motivation for doing that because he helped the strongest competition stick around and they went on to beat him. I think Colin/Christie most likely beat Victor/Nicole in that situation anyways, but it still seemed like a poor choice to guarantee elimination of the weaker team.

53 minutes ago, LonghornJones said:

He was a project.

Describe what you do: I use my intuitive abilities and energetic healing tools to help clients process past trauma stuck in the body often keeping them in a constant loop of mediocre relationships and life experiences. I combine traditional “top down” talk therapy with a more somatic “bottom up” approach utilizing various types of breath-work, sound healing, meditation, and Reiki in order to encourage my clients to go deep within the self to uncover and/or simply release thought patterns no longer serving their best and highest good. I invite them to reclaim their sovereignty by reconnecting with their own internal emotional guidance system; thus, becoming a more expressed human, free of cultural and familial programming, inspired to live their own authentic truth.

Not sure I could handle all that mumbo jumbo crap but for 40 she's getting it done.  

Edited by JimmyHoffa

Describe what you do: I use my intuitive abilities and energetic healing tools to help clients process past trauma stuck in the body often keeping them in a constant loop of mediocre relationships and life experiences. I combine traditional “top down” talk therapy with a more somatic “bottom up” approach utilizing various types of breath-work, sound healing, meditation, and Reiki in order to encourage my clients to go deep within the self to uncover and/or simply release thought patterns no longer serving their best and highest good. I invite them to reclaim their sovereignty by reconnecting with their own internal emotional guidance system; thus, becoming a more expressed human, free of cultural and familial programming, inspired to live their own authentic truth.

I know they're UT and all, but good Lord.  I don't care how hot my wife might be - and Christie is extremely attractive - I'd rather stay an asshole than succumb to that.

• Like 2